Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2013, 12:22   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AG

My Maruti Swift Dzire Vxi is quite easy on my pocket. Its 4 years old now and done 31K + kms. I know its not that big. So I do servicing once a year only. I change engine oil & other mandatory things recommended by Maruti A.S.S. guys including things like tire rotation, wheel alignment, once wiper changed, few minor things etc. My bill never crossed 5 K. In fact maximum i paid was 4.5 K. I am very very happy with such decent maintenance costs. I think this is pretty much on lower side considering type of car i am using. I am very happy also with Chowgule & Maruti's A.S.S. They are very honest & very technical too. Always have almost everything in stock and do the job very fast with precision. Only concern i have with them is they cost quite a lot for denting & painting jobs compared to outside garages. Almost more than 1.5 times. But must say that they do the job very best
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 14:57   #212
BHPian

Re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AG

Just got my 28k km run 2011 i20(P) from its 2.5 yr service. The SA tried to stick on various additional jobs like Engine de-carb and all types of crappy stuff. I flatly refused all of them simply because his logic didnt make sense on a modern engine. I even refused Wheel balancing and alignment because I get them done from a reputed firm near my home and he is quite economical. Total bill for the paid service came to exactly 3400 (inclusive of all taxes) which I feel is quite reasonable by premium hatch standards.

Since I have extended warranty till 3 yrs, I would continue till that time (ome more service left) with Hyundai service. After that, since my running is only around 8-9k per year, I am looking at a 1yr service interval from a reputed multi car garage. What do you guys suggest? Do the guys like Mobil1 car care and Carz have more reasonable rates?

Last edited by racer_ash : 31st December 2013 at 15:00. Reason: requesting additional info
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 20:10   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
What do you guys suggest? Do the guys like Mobil1 car care and Carz have more reasonable rates?
The FNG I visit for my cars was a Mobil 1 franchisee for a couple of months. Apart from using all mobil 1 products, I didn't notice any increase in charges.

Just be aware of what your car needs done and follow the manual.
Any reputed multicar garage or mechanic should be able to service your car. Always buy your own fluids, spares, and lubricants though.
drsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 21:05   #214
BHPian

50K KM Service of my Swift Vdi was done yesterday and total bill was Rs3205.00. Only the required jobs were done and only thing changed extra was an "Axle nut" which costs Rs430.00. Done at HighTech Garage, Uloor which is a M.A.S.S.

Last edited by ontheroad : 31st December 2013 at 21:06.
ontheroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 14:59   #215
BHPian

I plan to do up the following jobs on my 2006 Santro Xing Erlx at Modi Hyundai in Mumbai:

1) Fuel injector cleaning
2) Throttle body cleaning
3) Timing-belt check/replace
4) Clutch cable replacement
5) Accelerator cable replacement
6) Valve, Tappet check/adjustment

My car has clocked 72000 mms. Pls can anyone give a fair idea based on your own bills as to how much this would approximately cost me? Thanx in advance
Old 10th January 2014, 17:30   #216
BHPian

I went for the first service of My grand i10 yesterday and noticed that Hyundai India has again revised the labour rates for all the cars with effect from 1st January 2014. The new list was not updated at the dealer workshop, hence could not get more details. However, I tried checking the same at Hyundai India's website and it said that the cost sheets are temporarily not available.

Another blow for users who own and maintain Hyundai cars. In my case I have five of them.
Old 27th May 2014, 13:17   #217
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs guys. Finished my 5th service ( 2nd paid ) yesterday. As usual V3 Hyundai, Chennai quoted me 6k+ initially for my i10 kappa2. Like many here advised, I rejected any additives, foam wash, de carbonization etc. Finally the bill came to Rs 3800.

Still I feel 3800 is way too much for changing Air Filter, Oil, and some basic servicing.

My colleague said he gets his Ritz (P) done for Rs 1.5k . Any other recommendations in Chennai where I can get my i10 serviced for a decent price?
Old 27th May 2014, 14:22   #218
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Thanks for your inputs guys. Finished my 5th service ( 2nd paid ) yesterday. As usual V3 Hyundai, Chennai quoted me 6k+ initially for my i10 kappa2. Like many here advised, I rejected any additives, foam wash, de carbonization etc. Finally the bill came to Rs 3800.

Still I feel 3800 is way too much for changing Air Filter, Oil, and some basic servicing.

My colleague said he gets his Ritz (P) done for Rs 1.5k . Any other recommendations in Chennai where I can get my i10 serviced for a decent price?
What engine oil was filled? Mineral or Semi-synthetic or Fully Synthetic?

Mineral - 300 to 400 per litre
Semi Synthetic - 600 to 700 per litre
Fully Synthetic - 900 to 1000 per litre

So depending on the oil filled the bill vary also did you report any specific issues during service?

Can you post the bill of the service?

Thanks,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 20:35   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Can you post the bill of the service?
Apologies for the really late response. Here is my bill from Hyundai ( i10 Kappa 2) for the last paid service. Engine Oil and Air Filter costs around 1k and labour and services cost around Rs 2500. The final bill came to around Rs 4000 including VAT and service tax.

Is there anything I can avoid during the next service?
Attached Thumbnails
Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AGAIN!-wp_20140714_001-2.jpg  

Old 14th July 2014, 22:42   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Apologies for the really late response. Here is my bill from Hyundai ( i10 Kappa 2) for the last paid service. Engine Oil and Air Filter costs around 1k and labour and services cost around Rs 2500. The final bill came to around Rs 4000 including VAT and service tax.

See the charges for Front and Rear Brake O/H - it costs around 1K in addition to the 1.2K for PMS (which includes basic washing and routine check-ups). The HASS simply adds the brake overhaul to the PMS, which almost doubles the labor charges. Of late, I've started doing the brake O/H from one of the nearby mechanics. He just charges around 200/- for that. Apart from that, the other things seem to be ok (also caliper grease and throttle body cleaning - are they required for every service?)

-Vivek
vivekkr_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 22:51   #221
BANNED

Quote:

A no-no to throttle body cleaning. Do it when there is an issue.

PMS - is that a new term for general check up of the car? What all does it consist of?

Engine oil, air filter are prices well. No issues there. Labour charges are what take the final bill high up the sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Apart from that, the other things seem to be ok (also caliper grease and throttle body cleaning - are they required for every service?)
Not required at every service. Should not be ideally don't unless a problem is reported.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 14th July 2014 at 22:53.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 11:29   #222
i10
BHPian

Need help from some of the owners of the iRDE i10. I have one, but have lost the manual. Can someone please post the screenshot of the service frequency and replacement pages - I keep getting quoted weird things every service.

More specifically, my car which is a little more than 6 years old, has done around 29.8 KM (yes ), still I am being asked to do all the stuff for the 30K service - some of which it was already done when the car had completed 3 years. Is it still required?
Old 28th July 2014, 13:21   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10 View Post
More specifically, my car which is a little more than 6 years old, has done around 29.8 KM (yes ), still I am being asked to do all the stuff for the 30K service - some of which it was already done when the car had completed 3 years. Is it still required?
Really? 29.8 KMs in 6 years? You mean less than 5 kms per year? How is that possible? Was the car lying unused all this while? If yes, then you should go in for a thorough service. Despite low kms to show on the odometer, the consumables should be changed as they age and mechanicals too should be thoroughly inspected as they fail prematurely in such cases. Most rubber parts like bushes and hose pipes will warrant a change too. And yes, tires too.

Last edited by saket77 : 28th July 2014 at 13:24.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 13:57   #224
i10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Really? 29.8 KMs in 6 years? You mean less than 5 kms per year? How is that possible? Was the car lying unused all this while? If yes, then you should go in for a thorough service. Despite low kms to show on the odometer, the consumables should be changed as they age and mechanicals too should be thoroughly inspected as they fail prematurely in such cases. Most rubber parts like bushes and hose pipes will warrant a change too. And yes, tires too.
I am sorry, that was a major typo - it should have been 29.8 K KMs
i10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks