Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 11:18   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj

Well, even i own an i10 1.2 but in the manual , it suggests that the service interval is 5000 kms or 6 months whichever is earlier. Can anybody please give me a concrete information on what is the proper interval. 5k or 10k kms ?
Its 5000 km or 6 months whatever is earlier.
Old 30th November 2012, 11:37   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AG

Well, the i10 IRDE1 1.1 service booklet states a normal maintenance interval, after the initial 1.5k kms inspection, at 10k kms and every other 10k kms afterwards. It is also written below that the time interval between any two consecutive services should not exceed more than six months.

So that makes it 10k kms or 6 months. And that is what the service center too suggested me.

For maintenance under severe usage, it is mentioned to replace engine oil and oil filter at every 5k kms or 6 months.
Old 10th January 2013, 10:53   #183
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AG

Indus, one of the prominent Maruti dealer in Kerala has launched a service program called ISP (Indus Service Program). The maintenance package is valid for a period of 3 years from the day of enrolling into the package. The package is valid till a car is 7 years old.

They claim to offer the following:
Free labour cost for all normal service (The SA says service outside the routine ones like clutch overall etc will be covered. Though I coundn't find it in the pamphlet)
Free breakdown assistance
Washing at a discounted rate of INR 250

All the consumables will be charged extra. The catch is that, the insurance for the vehicle has to be taken from Indus and all the services must be done at only Indus anywhere in Kerala.

The cost for Swift Diesel (Its there for all Maruti cars) is as follows:
INR 9999 (When package is taken during the 1st service)
INR 10999 (When package is taken during the 2nd service)
INR 11999 (When package is taken during the 3rd service)
INR 12999 (When package is taken after 3rd service)

It looks good. I am giving our ZDi for the 20K service tomorrow. If I take the ISP tomorrow @ 12999, approx. 3K(approx.) for the labour cost in the bill will get discounted.

What I don't like is the fact that insurance renewal is mandatory from Indus. Any thoughts guys?

Last edited by deetjohn : 10th January 2013 at 10:59. Reason: Adding text.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:16   #184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

It looks good. I am giving our ZDi for the 20K service tomorrow. If I take the ISP tomorrow @ 12999, approx. 3K(approx.) for the labour cost in the bill will get discounted.
How much is the total charge for the 20K service without any discounts? How much is your average running kms per year? How much is the washing charge without discount. How many times do you think you will do washing per year?

Last edited by carboy : 10th January 2013 at 11:17.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:17   #185
Senior - BHPian

The reason for forcing to buy insurance from the Dealer is because of the commission they get. It could be as high as 20%.

Besides that I do not like to get into any dealer service program by paying upfront. What if the service is bad and they mess up things. Since you have already paid for it, you have no option to go back to them with little option.

It is best to buy any maintenance program from the manufacturer and not from the dealer.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 11:34   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How much is the total charge for the 20K service without any discounts? How much is your average running kms per year? How much is the washing charge without discount. How many times do you think you will do washing per year?
I am yet to give the car for 20K service. I think it will be 7.5K approx with mineral oil change. Out of that, some 3.5K will be labour.

The yearly mileage is around 18K. I have no idea on the washing charges. I am hardly going to take the car to Indus for a wash. It is not a clincher at all. The discount on labour cost looks good, but I don't like the fact that I have renew insurance from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
It is best to buy any maintenance program from the manufacturer and not from the dealer.
Something like what Chevrolet had. Yes, it is more reassuring.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:45   #187
BANNED

@deetjohn; Agree 100%. Also, the dealer system ties you with him only.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:51   #188
BANNED

Quote:
I am yet to give the car for 20K service. I think it will be 7.5K approx with mineral oil change. Out of that, some 3.5K will be labour.

The yearly mileage is around 18K. I have no idea on the washing charges. I am hardly going to take the car to Indus for a wash. It is not a clincher at all. The discount on labour cost looks good, but I don't like the fact that I have renew insurance from them.
How is the discount good? You will pay 13K upfront. You will drive the 54K kms in 3 years. That means 2 Major services and 3 minor services. You said you will save 3K per major service. Let's assume it's 1K for the minor service. That means you will save 9K.

So why is the discount attractive?
Old 10th January 2013, 12:50   #189
Senior - BHPian

Paid a total of Rs.4917/- today for a regular service + interior cleaning (Rs.1200/- of the total charge) at Kothari Hyundai pune for my 5yr/50k kms Getz GVS. When i compare it with the bill i've from the last service in August'11, its almost exactly Rs.1000/- more for the exact same services!

And they added free messed up wheel rotation that first caused the car to pull all the way to left and now causes steering wobble!
Old 10th January 2013, 13:18   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@deetjohn; Agree 100%. Also, the dealer system ties you with him only.
Indus has at least 5 service centers within a 10KM radius around me. So, it gives me the freedom of choice to a certain extent. But, it is still not as reassuring as a scheme by a manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How is the discount good? You will pay 13K upfront. You will drive the 54K kms in 3 years. That means 2 Major services and 3 minor services. You said you will save 3K per major service. Let's assume it's 1K for the minor service. That means you will save 9K.

So why is the discount attractive?
If I am taking the package, it will be tomorrow. Because, that will save me the labour cost on the 20K service as well. So, let's say it is going to be 6 services. 1st for the 20K and the 6th one for the 70K service in the next 3 years.

With what I have seen so far for the Swift Diesel, the minimum labour cost is 3K each service. For some regular service, it will be even higher. That makes it 18K. And the scheme protects me against future increase in labour charges as well.

But, I am not fully convinced. If this scheme was not tied to the insurance, I would have taken it.
Old 10th January 2013, 13:29   #191
BANNED

Quote:
If I am taking the package, it will be tomorrow. Because, that will save me the labour cost on the 20K service as well. So, let's say it is going to be 6 services. 1st for the 20K and the 6th one for the 70K service in the next 3 years.
yeah, I missed one.
Quote:

With what I have seen so far for the Swift Diesel, the minimum labour cost is 3K each service.
The minor service (the ones at 30K, 50K & 70K) shouldn't even cost 3K, forget labour cost being 3K. A minor service is an oil change and some routine stuff. If you labour cost comes to more than 1K(this is already on the high side), then and your total goes much beyond 3K, you are probably doing unnecessary stuff, I think.

So that's 3 major and 3 minor. The total labour cost comes to 12K.

Quote:

For some regular service, it will be even higher.
Like what?
Quote:

And the scheme protects me against future increase in labour charges as well.
Let's assume 10% increase in costs every year.
So that's Rs. 13240.

You aren't really saving anything much (considering Time Value of Money - you are paying upfront).

Does this scheme cover labour charges in case you have an accident or something?

Last edited by carboy : 10th January 2013 at 13:30.
Old 10th March 2013, 20:22   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
It's already peppy and much fuel efficient. I get ~16 kmpl in city and 19-20-21 kmpl on the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Got my i10 back from the 30k service yesterday...

I had specifically asked for no additional cleaning flushing etc, but they did the injector cleaning saying 'saar, it had problem'!
I feel so pissed off with the ASC, Popular Hyundai, Kottayam. Even after taking the car back for an interim service, 3 months after the 30k service, the highway FE stays at 15-16 kmpl range. When I asked one of the service adviser about this, he was telling that I was earlier lucky to get higher FE than what the company claims I was the one who took initiative to service my in-laws' car and I really don't know whether they will entrust me this job another time.

I had also asked to fix a door rattle and a rattle from the rear left. Nothing done. Just washed and returned. Knowing Popular Maruti, I had a hunch that nothing was going to be fixed and I was in no mood to fight it out. Just took the car and fled out of there. Highly unrecommended from my personal experience. Customer dealings might be good; they are so prompt in conveying things and taking feedback, but charging a bomb and not fixing things properly are not going to get you anywhere, Hyundai.
Old 9th September 2013, 15:21   #193
Senior - BHPian

Does the rack bush for a Swift cost 27k for the whole assembly? My friend's car, which was just a week past the warranty period, has rattling issues and the ASC has told that the bush does not come alone, the whole set has to be changed!
Old 31st October 2013, 11:39   #194
BHPian

Does anybody have any idea about the regular paid service for an i10 Magna Kappa2. This is my first paid service and V3 - Hyundai, Chennai has quoted a bill of 6000 Rs! Isn't that way too much?
Old 31st October 2013, 12:00   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Does anybody have any idea about the regular paid service for an i10 Magna Kappa2. This is my first paid service and V3 - Hyundai, Chennai has quoted a bill of 6000 Rs! Isn't that way too much?
6k is way too mauch. This is certainly due to unnecessory add-ons.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks