Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2011, 11:07   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria : 1.6 lakh discount + 40k exchange bonus

Now the irony is that the Pure variant which comes with ABS is signifiantly cheaper than the much older Safari GX! someone needs to teach TML a thing or two about pricing! they whould have rolled out a price cut on the Safari as well, instead they go an increase it by about 30K!
Old 7th December 2011, 11:09   #47
BHPian

A very welcome step.
But they could have done two things better, launch it at a VFM pricing like XUV and secondly launch a V2 or tweaked 2012 model and do this aggressive pricing. This limited period offer do leave you with a bad taste.

We should stop calling this a 20 lakh car from here on, many TATA bashers like to say ' i want better *** when parting with 20 lakhs'.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:12   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
If I am not wrong, didn't the W6 start at around 11 lakhs.
Its 10.8 lakhs, ex-showroom delhi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
got this mail today.
Attachment 852808
aria at 10L seems to be a good product.
Really? the price cut is because of the anniversary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
I have recently learnt that buying a good product is not enough, you need to choose a company that backs the product!

If you ask me today, I would probably never buy a TATA product again. No matter how good the product is it is the ownership experience that matters the most.
Same here. 3 bad experiences in my case is more than enough to come to your senses.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valapad View Post
Got call from TATA Dealer Thrissur ( Kerala )

offering 2 lakh cash discount on Aria..No need Exchange..
Thats pretty awesome. I just checked with a couple of dealers in Mumbai and they are not offering that.

You would need to exchange the car if you want the exchange bonus.

Cheers
Old 7th December 2011, 11:50   #50
BHPian

I own a manza for the last two years and completed approximately 25000km on it. Sure, I had my set of niggles and surprises at Tata Service Centers. That said, If I am looking out to buy an suv right now, I would grab this offer and buy the Aria pleasure variant. I know TASS is not very good. But I do know that TASS folks are also willing to listen and trying to improve the customer experience atleast here in Bangalore. Knowing that maintaining a TATA car is easy on my pocket and with their extended warranty I don't mind repeating the crime of buying a TATA Car .
Old 7th December 2011, 11:51   #51
BHPian

My relative booked TATA Aria pleasure and 2L discount is offered. Now the TATA Aria is in affordable price. The vehicle comes out from the company with good standard but, the dealers spoil it after the service. I hope TATA listens to our grievances and take corrective action.
Old 7th December 2011, 12:14   #52
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Saw the ad for 9.9L year-end offer in today's newspaper. Quite aggresive pricing. At the same time, as pointed out by others, its going to create confusion with Tata Safari's pricing. They should have come up with year-end offers for both Aria and Safari together.

If reliability issues are sorted out, and Tatas can hold this price longer, Aria could give a decent fight to XUV and Innova.
Old 7th December 2011, 12:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

My friend who was waiting for Merlin is taking test drive of ARIA.

Very confused about TATAs pricing strategy, looks like they may not launch Merlin in the near future!

Last edited by Latheesh : 7th December 2011 at 12:26.
Old 7th December 2011, 14:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Seeking your opinion. I have a safari bought in 2008 Dec, with over 1 lakh on the odo. Like others I too saw the aria advertisement today in the newspaper. Inquired about it with the local Tata dealer. Here is the deal I am getting.

New Aria for Rs 9.9 lacs

Safari exchange Rs 4 lacs; (quoted over the phone)

Exchange bonus Rs 40000

So i get a new Aria excluding taxes for Rs 5.5 lacs.

Should I go for it?
Old 7th December 2011, 15:22   #55
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
Had a detailed and frank discussion with a manager from Tata motors.
It has been communicated to them that this is a December offer only but he thinks its more of a stock clearance + price point testing.

Apparently there was a debate between sales teams whether it was the pricing that led to a sales slump for aria and there were arguments on both sides so he says it might as well be a test of that hypothesis, but does not know for sure.
Got a feeder to the same effect.

Yet think that this price will work partially (sufficently) - though only time (dec / jan) will tell).

And that discounts will continue in some manner in 2012 as well, though it may be in a different form and maybe to a lesser extent. Also there could be the possibility of a minor refresh and hence the stock clearance. But in anycase a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hi Guys,

Seeking your opinion. I have a safari bought in 2008 Dec, with over 1 lakh on the odo. Like others I too saw the aria advertisement today in the newspaper. Inquired about it with the local Tata dealer. Here is the deal I am getting.

New Aria for Rs 9.9 lacs

Exchange bonus Rs 40000

Should I go for it?

Yes sure as hell yes. Plus your Safari warranty is expiring and you will get a fresh Aria with 4 year warranty again. - Though with taxes it will cost you close to 7L not 5.5L And if you could live with the safari for 4 years you will love the Aria.

Just check you might get a better deal on the Safari outside? - Maybe 5L

Last edited by GTO : 8th December 2011 at 15:57. Reason: Merging both your posts.
Old 7th December 2011, 15:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

New Aria for Rs 9.9 lacs

Exchange bonus Rs 40000

Should I go for it?

If you are happy with the Tata Service you may go ahead. The offer looks good. Be mentally preapred to go to the A.S.S for any niggles.

Points to Ponder:

Aria is not as tall as the Safari.
Aria cannot do any offroading (lack of 4X4 in basic model)
Getting a 2011 model, if you buy now.
Known Tata A.S.S, so you are not new to a TATA service station.
"MAY" have niggles in a new car (indian21r's thread) so you would need to spend time at the worshop (I pray this does not happen)
Moving towards an "upmarket" model
Aria is a newer model than Safari
Aria owners are given special treatment and preference over other Tata customers.

If you are happy with the above points, Aria makes a good buy.
Old 7th December 2011, 15:50   #57
Team-BHP Support

At the current price, for a 4x2 buyer it actually makes more sense than a safari.
If you look at the warranty being offered, as well as things covered in extended warranty, Aria users have it better than the Safari.
Niggles aside(which even Safari will have), this is a more balanced vehicle when it comes to design and engineering. If you can do with Minivan looks, the 4x2 base version makes for a good deal. I think we can compare it to EX 4x2 without ABS which costs slightly lower.

If you go to GX(ABS model), Aria is actually cheaper!
Old 7th December 2011, 16:02   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yes sure as hell yes. Plus your Safari warranty is expiring and you will get a fresh Aria with 4 year warranty again. - Though with taxes it will cost you close to 7L not 5.5L And if you could live with the safari for 4 years you will love the Aria.

Just check you might get a better deal on the Safari outside? - Maybe 5L
We have an Aria in the family (not with me, though). Unlike the forum in general, I personally think its a great car. Looks wise too, I think, a Black Aria makes me drool. What I wanted to ask was:

Given that we are expecting some exciting SUVs to be launched in the time frame of 2012 -2013 at the price range of 10 - 12 lacs, should I wait for them, even at the cost of having to spend more on them. I suspect these offerings to be more modern. Specifically, I don't want to land in a position where I really regret not having waited for something like the rumored 10 lac SUV from Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If you are happy with the Tata Service you may go ahead. The offer looks good. Be mentally preapred to go to the A.S.S for any niggles.

Points to Ponder:

Aria is not as tall as the Safari.
Aria cannot do any offroading (lack of 4X4 in basic model)
Getting a 2011 model, if you buy now.
Known Tata A.S.S, so you are not new to a TATA service station.
"MAY" have niggles in a new car (indian21r's thread) so you would need to spend time at the worshop (I pray this does not happen)
Moving towards an "upmarket" model
Aria is a newer model than Safari
Aria owners are given special treatment and preference over other Tata customers.

If you are happy with the above points, Aria makes a good buy.
As I wrote above, we have an Aria in the family. Contrary to the experiences put in the forum, so far it has given spotless service to its owner. I don't mind owning one right now. Am just apprehensive about missing out on owning an exceptionally good future SUV.
Old 7th December 2011, 16:15   #59
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Given that we are expecting some exciting SUVs to be launched in the time frame of 2012 -2013 at the price range of 10 - 12 lacs, should I wait for them, even at the cost of having to spend more on them. I suspect these offerings to be more modern. Specifically, I don't want to land in a position where I really regret not having waited for something like the rumored 10 lac SUV from Toyota.
One never knows - But

The Aria itself was spoken about since 3 years and displayed in Jan 2010 yet I could get my hands on one only by Nov 2011.

The Maruti 7 Seater - general Idea should be clear from the relevent thread as also that with others.

I guess even the new Safari Merlin version could come out soon. But then on the other hand one may end up waiting almost till end of 2012 and then realize that the car options on hand are yet not up there with expectations.

You need to see if one of the newer options that are coming up really suite you better or

One must try to buy a new car either 1) When one really really needs it. (new child, old car is long in the tooth etc.) 2) Superb irreisitable offer due to year change etc. 3) Fall in love with a new car and have the spare cash. 4) Timing the sale of the previous car with new car so as to not loose too much on the previous one.

That said I would seriously say that rather than pure the model from where one should start looking at the Aria is Pleasure or Prestige 4X2.

I know this (above points) is/are going to add to the confusion but really it is about what ones heart, head and family says and then either pressing or holding back on the start stop button.

Last edited by ACM : 7th December 2011 at 16:16.
Old 7th December 2011, 16:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We have an Aria in the family (not with me, though). Unlike the forum in general, I personally think its a great car. Looks wise too, I think, a Black Aria makes me drool. What I wanted to ask was:

As I wrote above, we have an Aria in the family. Contrary to the experiences put in the forum, so far it has given spotless service to its owner. I don't mind owning one right now. Am just apprehensive about missing out on owning an exceptionally good future SUV.
A Toyota SUV at 10 lacs ex-show / 12 lacs on road is a dream. Even if toyota brings such an SUV, it will be bare bones and today a figure of 10 lacs will be equal to 11 lacs after 2 years and mind it that these are only exshowroom prices. Govt will definetly increase road and reg tax and also impose a 30% tax on Diesel vehicles, qouting subsidy.

Expect 30% tax on diesel vehicles for the diesel subsidy offered.

It really makes sense in buying an Aria now. Given the indian government and attitude of those law makers, it makes sense to buy a diesel now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks