Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:01   #121
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
That is a lot of money for a car on paper. Renault should provide the tech-specs and model details before allowing dealers to accept booking. I can understand if there is a delay in the test cars and cost details.

Is it possible that Renault has not finalized on a plan? Only time will tell i guess...
I don't think that Renault can prevent dealers from accepting cheques since they won't get a whiff of it in any case. It is the dealers who get benefited since they earn interest on the deposit and at the same time get an upfront cash flow. You have the option of cancelling the booking with a full refund, so the decision of booking is entirely in individual's hands.
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:38   #122
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Found the below pic in the Duster section of Renault India website. It has a 4WD badging just above the RHS tail lamp. Does this mean India will get a 4X4, else why post a pic on the official website with 4WD badging?

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-duster-rear.jpg
Link to this page : Renault - Gallery

Though the feature list on the same website does not mention anything about 4WD. (Renault - Overview)

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 3rd February 2012 at 16:41.
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:43   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Found the below pic in the Duster section of Renault India website. It has a 4WD badging just above the RHS tail lamp. Does this mean India will get a 4X4, else why post a pic on the official website with 4WD badging?

Though the feature list on the same website does not mention anything about 4WD. (Renault - Overview)
Yup, even I had the same doubt and had posted it on the other Duster thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-india-53.html

Looks like it is their global product which is offered in other countries. Not sure if this is the one which is going to make to our shores.
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:59   #124
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 882054

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Yup, even I had the same doubt and had posted it on the other Duster thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-india-53.html

Looks like it is their global product which is offered in other countries. Not sure if this is the one which is going to make to our shores.
It is pretty standard/normal for websites to offer products just for the purpose of representation. They always come with the disclaimer and Renault didn't miss it here. Check this page: Renault - Legal information

It clearly states
Quote:
Disclaimer:
The information, pictures, colours, and specifications contained within the Renault India Private Limited website are presented as a general guide to the products and accessories offered by Renault India Private Limited. Although every effort has been made to ensure that such information is correct and up to date, no warranty is provided that all such information is reliable, complete, accurate or without error. In some cases pictures of overseas models may be shown as a guide. Therefore, Renault India Private Limited does not accept liability for damages of any kind resulting from the access or use of this site and its contents.
Animesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:21   #125
BHPian

I noticed on their website in the overview section of Duster in the list of features, 'Satellite Audio & phone control', what does that mean?
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:26   #126
BHPian

Duster road test (English subs), although its the 4x2 with the 1.6L petrol. Am seriously planning to get one, if it comes with a 4wd option at the speculated price.
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:27   #127
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This is a stock pic that they are using as a representation of the Duster. It does not mean that we will automatically get 4WD and all the other stuff like Sat Radio, Blue tooth etc.
In fact I would be surprised if they can offer any more than a bare basic version here, given the pricing they are considering. Even if they do offer a top spec one, it is unlikely (a la Skoda Yeti) that the top spec in India will be the same as the top spec in say, Europe or the UK. And anyway my oft repeated surmise on this is that if they do indeed offer a top spec here with loads of bells and whistles and 4WD it is likely to be priced around 12-13 maybe 14 Lacs on road Bangalore, certainly NOT at 8-9-10 lacs as has been the speculation.
My guesstimate is that the Ex Showroom pricing will start off at 7 and move up with the variant along with the specc-ing. Lets see if the surmise comes true! Cheers!

Quote:

Attachment 882054

Old 4th February 2012, 07:17   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
@indivic: yes.. every source I have read till now, has mentioned that it will be sold in India with the Renault badging.

In the UK , it will be sold as a Dacia.
My bad, the part about Dacia was for the UK bit alone, I left my sentence incomplete there. I just wanted to indicate that from an interior quality perspective that the Renault Duster in India = Dacia Duster in UK.
Old 4th February 2012, 12:32   #129
BHPian

Came across the dimensions of the Duster over the net (Don't exactly remember where I found them though)

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-daciadusterdimensions1.jpg
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-dausterdimensions2.jpg
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-dusterdimensions3.jpg
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-dusterdimensions4.jpg

And some wish full thinking!!!

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-renaultdusterpickup.jpg
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 19:46   #130
BHPian

I got one good news, a friend of mine who had been to Turkey about a month back said, there are so many Dusters there just like we see Santros here! The best part of what he had to say was that it has a impressive road presence and does not look any smaller than the Scorpio, only if you look hard and long you might feel it is just about 6 inches shorter in length, and in height it surely looks shorter than the Scorpio (which is good), and GC looks huge at normal sight when you see it in flesh, all in all looks every bit of an SUV, which can take anything that comes its way. My friend is also a auto freak and he knows what he is talking.
Old 4th February 2012, 23:02   #131
BHPian

I requested a brochure on the Renault India site and this was the message I got in return:

"Thank you for your request. You will receive a copy of the Renault Duster brochure in June."
Old 5th February 2012, 19:02   #132
BHPian

aahhh! SO the first confirmation on the launch time!

Just saw the facelifted Xylo. Looks to give competition to these new products before they even launch!
Old 6th February 2012, 12:49   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
I got one good news, a friend of mine who had been to Turkey about a month back said, there are so many Dusters there just like we see Santros here! The best part of what he had to say was that it has a impressive road presence and does not look any smaller than the Scorpio, only if you look hard and long you might feel it is just about 6 inches shorter in length, and in height it surely looks shorter than the Scorpio (which is good), and GC looks huge at normal sight when you see it in flesh, all in all looks every bit of an SUV, which can take anything that comes its way. My friend is also a auto freak and he knows what he is talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I requested a brochure on the Renault India site and this was the message I got in return:

"Thank you for your request. You will receive a copy of the Renault Duster brochure in June."
Good news, so it would be worth the wait.
Old 6th February 2012, 13:15   #134
BHPian

June feels like a long time...I can't wait to read team-bhp review. I hope the eventual cost will make the wait worthwhile. A little wishful thinking from my side is for more than one variant if the top end diesel is going to cost 11L OTR in Bangalore. 11L is out of my budget...
Old 11th February 2012, 16:27   #135
BHPian

I am already dreaming of laying hands on Duster and the first thing I would want to do is upgrade the wheels a notch right when it is taken out of the dealership. Dream on...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks