Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 14:19   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
The Mumbai Dealer told me 5 varients priced between 8-11 lacs Ex Showroom. They are accepting bookings also.
Any details on varients / specs? Or they just accepting booking from dealer side. Since if booking is launched by renault they would have informed model details too I guess.
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:18   #107
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

11 lakhs ex-showroom for the top end diesel variant seems to be a bit on the higher side!!I sincerely hope the dealer has wrong info!!I think Renault will do well to consider the upcoming increase in taxes for diesel cars before they fix their pricing!!
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:22   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
The boot is humongous in the Duster and pretty much going to be underutilized most of the times...

Renault can not take risky chances with the pricing ; especially if it is looking at high volume sales.
Also considering that the vehicle will be manufactured in Chennai at the Renault-Nissan plant. ( it should have higher % of domesticated parts)
According to specs, the boot volume is less than in the Logan/Verito at about 475l.

Renault have not indicated if they intend to sell 50k/year in India. At their current dealership strength,it would be impossible. Plus they plan to sell it as only Dacia and not Renault.

Dacia to launch in UK in 2012 - Autocar.co.uk

They don't have to sell it cheap in India as long as they can make it cheap here and price it as per their target sales in UK - like they do with the Micra it is enough for them.
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:22   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Any details on varients / specs? Or they just accepting booking from dealer side. Since if booking is launched by renault they would have informed model details too I guess.
The Dealers have no concrete information and are accepting bookings from their end only.

Btw, saw these couple of Scoop Shots of Duster testing in the country.

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-renaultdustertestinginindia1.jpg
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-renaultdustertestinginindia2.jpg

Source: Renault Duster caught testing in Chennai, India

Don't we love to see any small progress that these companies make? Going by the response on the forum, Duster is definitely a product that has had a lot of people become curious about. Now only if Renault doesn't screw it up in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Plus they plan to sell it as only Dacia and not Renault.

Dacia to launch in UK in 2012 - Autocar.co.uk
Where did you get this bit? The website talks just about UK.

Last edited by Animesh : 2nd February 2012 at 15:31. Reason: Including reply to indivic
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:50   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
The Mumbai Dealer told me 5 varients priced between 8-11 lacs Ex Showroom. They are accepting bookings also.
really?? How are people booking the car without even seeing or knowing what is at offer? The pricing and specs are still speculations, nothing concrete from Renault so far. Who is this "ahead of times" dealer???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post

Don't we love to see any small progress that these companies make? Going by the response on the forum, Duster is definitely a product that has had a lot of people become curious about. Now only if Renault doesn't screw it up in some way.
Absolutely! Have been waiting for so long now to atleast be able to see it in flesh. Every new post on Duster is a "must read" these days for me! Hope we very soon get to get ou hands on it!
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:53   #111
BHPian

@indivic: yes.. every source I have read till now, has mentioned that it will be sold in India with the Renault badging.

In the UK , it will be sold as a Dacia.

Though you are right abt the 2nd part: they plan to make India as the Duster manufacturing hub for the world.
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:58   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
really?? How are people booking the car without even seeing or knowing what is at offer? The pricing and specs are still speculations, nothing concrete from Renault so far. Who is this "ahead of times" dealer???
They indeed are booking Duster at Renault Andheri in Bombay. The booking amount I was told was Rs. 50K.
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:02   #113
BHPian

Quote:
They indeed are booking Duster at Renault Andheri in Bombay. The booking amount I was told was Rs. 50K.
Still Sure there more crazier people on earth than I am!!!

Good, so finally there is some more progress happening with Duster!!
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:05   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is in Andheri..and he had some 40 odd bookings when I spoke to him a month back. He asked me to book but I declined as I wanted to see the car first.
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:27   #115
Senior - BHPian

There is a lot of ambiguity on the launch of versions of the Duster. The Gurgaon Dealer has confirmed a Petrol & a Diesel version & initially atleast there will be only the 4x4 on offer. (As in the case of the Koleos) Only the high end version to begin with. The Diesel would run the same engine as the Fluence - 110 Bhp 1.5 litre with MT & 4x4. Priced around 10L ex-showroom.

The Koleos was a big disappointment. The drive was nowhere close to what I expected, the AT is sloppy & if you floor the pedal it takes forever to take off. I do hope the Duster does behave better as it is an MT.

Cheers
Old 2nd February 2012, 17:10   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How are people booking the car without even seeing or knowing what is at offer? The pricing and specs are still speculations, nothing concrete from Renault so far.

Every new post on Duster is a "must read" these days for me! Hope we very soon get to get ou hands on it!
Yes, its intresting to hear that some 40 people have booked vehicle in a single showroom even without having any idea of price, specs, interiors or even launch date.

I just hope this thread and intrest towards Duster doesnt go the SX4 diesel way. That thread was one which was widely discussed for some 2 years daily. However ever since it came out with 1.3 engine it dropped dead.
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:07   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
There is a lot of ambiguity on the launch of versions of the Duster. The Gurgaon Dealer has confirmed a Petrol & a Diesel version & initially atleast there will be only the 4x4 on offer. (As in the case of the Koleos) Only the high end version to begin with. The Diesel would run the same engine as the Fluence - 110 Bhp 1.5 litre with MT & 4x4. Priced around 10L ex-showroom.

The Koleos was a big disappointment. The drive was nowhere close to what I expected, the AT is sloppy & if you floor the pedal it takes forever to take off. I do hope the Duster does behave better as it is an MT.

Cheers
Koleos doesn't do well at any of the places it is launched. Too many better competitors in that segment. However, Duster is poised to be on bigger stage as it has been successful everywhere it has been launched since. Read about Duster's success in Spain, Argentina, Romania, France, etc. It does good numbers at all these countries and further doesn't pretend to be a wannabe. It is a donkey worth every bit of penny invested (I HOPE in India as well).
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:24   #118
BHPian

I found out that not only after the 2012 Auto Expo, but even as early as last June; the Duster was "unveiled" with "launching soon plans"..

Hmmm.. so 1.5 years gone w/o a launch...
Dunno how much longer we need to wait...
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:20   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Nothing on the specs, I have mails from Renault that they will revert with the Brochures once the launch date is finalised.

The bookings are probably being taken by the Dealer, but I doubt there will be a XUV like stampede even with the launch as Renault is still not a big name in India
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:54   #120
BHPian

Quote:
That is a lot of money for a car on paper. Renault should provide the tech-specs and model details before allowing dealers to accept booking. I can understand if there is a delay in the test cars and cost details.

Is it possible that Renault has not finalized on a plan? Only time will tell i guess...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks