Team-BHP - Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/115751-facelifted-maruti-ritz-round-corner-4.html)

I was at the Maruti plant today, I saw the facelifted Ritz without any camoflauge.
The front bumper is a little redesigned and it had a VVT badging on the left.

Looks like Maruti has already started production and the launch should be round the corner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 2689742)
I was at the Maruti plant today, I saw the facelifted Ritz without any camoflauge.

Looks like Maruti has already started production and the launch should be round the corner.

So, no major exterior changes. As someone else mentioned, if Maruti can spoil a cute-looking original Zen with a front + rear redesign, why can't they do the other way in Ritz?

Why can't they just plonk the rear of the Ertiga on the Ritz ? AFAIK both are the same width, so should not be too tough.

I think they need to be told that it's not the face that needs a 'lift'. It's the back. From the pics here it seems they tried to 'lift' the face and ended up spoiling it! Well, at least ugliness looks isometric now!

Dear revved_up - Did you notice any change/update to the interiors? Please provide any additional information that you can.

Quote:

Good point, I agree. There is a sizeable chunk of people who doesnt even consider ritz due to its rear profile and if maruti can manage to make the car look neutral, they can get this crowd interested. There is a huge demand for the ritz today, due to the delay in swift deliveries and maruti can retain those who move away from their products by offering a alternate choice through this facelift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 2689986)
Why can't they just plonk the rear of the Ertiga on the Ritz ? AFAIK both are the same width, so should not be too tough.

Quote:

So, much against "market feedback", Maruti continues to retain that ugly rear. Let us at least hope that Maruti does not resort to some stupid campaign, such as "150 new features on the new Ritz".

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 2689986)

Exactly. Ertiga's simple rear would be far more acceptable to the masses. And with the Ertiga's rear design at hand, implementing this on the Ritz should have been the logical step.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asr245 (Post 2690013)
Well, at least ugliness looks isometric now!

:uncontrol. What an idea, sirji!

IMHO the face-lift looks heavily inspired from i10 and A-star. The front looks too curvy now. the area near the fog lights looks like a chubby-face. I still prefer the angled front which looks like a sharp-face with an angled chin.

What about the rear 3/4. not one change seems to be done in that place.:deadhorseWould like to see an angled back with the wheel arches kind of angled like the front.

While I agree that the rear end of the Ritz is a complete disaster, ok well quite a turn off to put it mildly. At the same time by "redesigning" or juxtaposing it with the Ertiga's rear will surely make it more appealing. But my question to members is - would it not cannibalize Swift sales? Agree that Swift has huge waiting periods and competition is anyway pouncing on the waiting periods but Swift is the bread winner for Maruti. Isn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arup.misra (Post 2690105)
While I agree that the rear end of the Ritz is a complete disaster, ok well quite a turn off to put it mildly. At the same time by "redesigning" or juxtaposing it with the Ertiga's rear will surely make it more appealing. But my question to members is - would it not cannibalize Swift sales? Agree that Swift has huge waiting periods and competition is anyway pouncing on the waiting periods but Swift is the bread winner for Maruti. Isn't it?

If people end up buying a "prettier" Ritz instead of the Swift, should Maruti be too concerned?

I feel that Maruti would (or should) be happy if people turn to the Ritz for at least three reasons:

1. After all, both are siblings and I think that Maruti would be just as happy as long as people buy cars from their showroom.

2. That would lessen Maruti's pressure to churn out truckloads of Swift

3. It would also decrease the huge wait list for the Swift, if Swift customers turn to Ritz.

Totally agree with Ritz being not considered due to weird look. I am currently looking for diesel hatch. Drove Polo,Figo,i20,Punto etc. But not yet convinced about even TD-ing a Ritz. I mean i am even okay with the sharp cut at center of Ritz rear, but I really hate that big rear bumper. Looks really bad. I mean they could have at least given wagon-r kind of boxy look instead of this look. Though now i don't really like buying a figo for its boring looks, but any day i prefer figos boring look over weird look of Ritz.

I for sure would not have waited for a Swift but 100% would have gone for Ritz if it was little less quirky. Hope MSIL corrects this blunder soon.

PS: NOM to Ritz,Figo owners. Looks of Figo and Ritz are purely my opinion.

Seeing both models side-by-side, the new one has lost the maturity of the old one, and gone the quirky A-Star way, IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2691029)
Seeing both models side-by-side, the new one has lost the maturity of the old one, and gone the quirky A-Star way, IMO.

Yor spot on this! I have the older version and its much better than the new one! The new looks like something gone wrong ! Hope they stick to the older version! IMHO.

I don't seem to mind the new frontal looks of the Ritz. But I absolutely hate the looks of the new Swift which was basically an i20-fication exercise. The front, rear, side-profile everything looks crappy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2691029)

+1 to that.

I am afraid from sober looks it going to quirky. A-Star has been one of the very few suzukis which are not very successful because of its looks.

I like the current face of Ritz which looks very simple. Rather than spoiling the front they should do something about the back of this car.

I like Ritz.

What are people at Maruti at the design end doing???:Frustrati

What part is good is being changed and what part looks bad when compared to the rest is left unchanged.

Having the Ritz I love the front end a lot as it gives a mature and angry look with that almost audi-type grill. The new one has been rounded off giving away those macho looks. The fog lamps cladding is OK.