Team-BHP - Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/115751-facelifted-maruti-ritz-round-corner-7.html)

I was at Maruti Gurgaon plant today, looks like the production for the facelifted ritz is in full steam.
I saw a lot of ritz ready to be despatched. Looks like it should be available pretty soon.

I also saw a VDi-ABS model, good that ABS is available in VDi now, unlike swift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 2852462)
I was at Maruti Gurgaon plant today, looks like the production for the facelifted ritz is in full steam.
I saw a lot of ritz ready to be despatched. Looks like it should be available pretty soon.

I also saw a VDi-ABS model, good that ABS is available in VDi now, unlike swift.

Does this mean they are not offering Ritz in ZDi as before? It will be a shame if the new Ritz is not available in ZDi, with both the Swift and Dzire Zdis already being in huge demand. ZDi in Ritz will make it a very competent and complete offering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurni76 (Post 2852466)
Does this mean they are not offering Ritz in ZDi as before? It will be a shame if the new Ritz is not available in ZDi, with both the Swift and Dzire Zdis already being in huge demand. ZDi in Ritz will make it a very competent and complete offering.

I did not spot a ZDi, however i saw few ZXi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurni76 (Post 2852466)

Hello Nurni76,

The Ritz was never offered in ZDi variant. The highest variant with diesel was VDi with an optional ABS (VDi ABS). Only the 'Z' version was in the petrol which is ZXi.

Hope they offer the ZDi this time atleast.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 2852559)
Hello Nurni76,

The Ritz was never offered in ZDi variant. The highest variant with diesel was VDi with an optional ABS (VDi ABS). Only the 'Z' version was in the petrol which is ZXi.

Hope they offer the ZDi this time atleast.:Frustrati

Hi anurag, I know that Ritz never came in ZDi. Hence I had this question if it has a Zdi in the facelift. Since revved_up mentioned he saw a Vdi with ABS, I assumed that the new Ritz also will not have a ZDi as before which is sad whereas the new Swift got the ZDi version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurni76 (Post 2852564)
Hi anurag, I know that Ritz never came in ZDi. Hence I had this question if it has a Zdi in the facelift. Since revved_up mentioned he saw a Vdi with ABS, I assumed that the new Ritz also will not have a ZDi as before which is sad whereas the new Swift got the ZDi version.

Oops! Sorry misunderstood your earlier post.

Hope Maruti wakes up and offers a ZDi variant like in the Swift. It's a complete model for a common man. Atleast we will be getting the safety features atleast.:D

Guys,

Good news! I saw a Ritz ZDi(ABS) today. It was the same spec as ZXi.

Way to go Maruti!

Apart from that, I have never seen so many Ritz parked in the despatch area ever before. Looks like Maruti is tryin to compensate the looses dues to no production of swift at Manesar plant by increase in production of Ritz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 2853294)
Guys,

Good news! I saw a Ritz ZDi(ABS) today. It was the same spec as ZXi.

Way to go Maruti!

Apart from that, I have never seen so many Ritz parked in the despatch area ever before. Looks like Maruti is tryin to compensate the looses dues to no production of swift at Manesar plant by increase in production of Ritz.

That's good news. Any changes in the interiors? Also does the ZXi and ZDi get ACC? Did you spot the VVT badge on the ZXi? I am sure the Ritz facelift will get the new Swift Petrol and Diesel tuned engines.

Yes petrol models are sporting vvt badges but sadly no climate control in ZXi and ZDi.

To be honest, i couldnt spot any changes in the interiors, but i also have to admit, i have not been inside a ritz much, so if there were small changes, I would not come to know :)

IMO, Maruti has to divert some of the demand for Swift to Ritz by a thorough rear-lift and also by introducing the ZDi variant, and thus making it appealing to much more prospective customers. Reason? Monthly sales of around 30K of Swift (hatch and sedan combined) may result in the 'too common on roads' theory working against Swift.

IMO, Maruti has to do the following:

1. A thorough rear-lift for Ritz, and make the roof more flat to give the car a more conservative look. This will be good alternative to Swift hatch and to share the sales numbers equally.

2. A sub 4m sedan with a Ritz face with reduced height, to take a pie of the DZire sales.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2854619)

1. A thorough rear-lift for Ritz, and make the roof more flat to give the car a more conservative look. This will be good alternative to Swift hatch and to share the sales numbers equally.

2. A sub 4m sedan with a Ritz face with reduced height, to take a pie of the DZire sales.

Ritz sells around 5K everymonth, while swift does almost 20k easily.
Ritz will have to do well internally and externally on cosmetics to close that gap.

Lot of people still buy a products based on word of mouth publicity.

Eg :

First car - Alto
Hatchback - Swift
Automatic scooter - Activa
Mattress - Sleepwell

I dont mean to say the above products are undeserving, but common buyer plays it safe when buying most products

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2854619)
IMO, Maruti has to divert some of the demand for Swift to Ritz by a thorough rear-lift and also by introducing the ZDi variant, and thus making it appealing to much more prospective customers. Reason? Monthly sales of around 30K of Swift (hatch and sedan combined) may result in the 'too common on roads' theory working against Swift.

IMO, Maruti has to do the following:

:OT
I beg to differ, MS should divert the production of Swift & Dzires to Gurgaon plant from Manesar to ensure that high revenue models are catered to properly. The production of lesser popular models like Estilo, A-Star, Eeco & to some extent even Ritz can be restricted, to make sure that demand for the two models, which sell more than double of all these combined, is met in time.

The changes what you have suggested for the Ritz are good, but, testing & implementation in final product would take time, & the mango people, who have MS an enviable brand in India, are not left in lurch waiting for their Dzired cars that are Swiftly delivered.

Regret the low quality but a front face pic.
Looks SX4ish IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado (Post 2854625)
Lot of people still buy a products based on word of mouth publicity.

Eg :
Hatchback - Swift

IMO, a major chunk of Ritz sales are coming from mouth publicity rather than looks. So, if they are able to make the car's looks appealing to much more customers, they can sell Ritz in 5 digit numbers.

The long waiting period for the Swift(Diesel variants) force buyers to think about the ritz.
Moreover it has got the same DDiS mill that make ritzy drive an absolute fun. Most decisions to buy the Ritz emerges after test drive. Its a much comfortable car to drive on, brings it closer to the common family man. Rear looks does matter, but its just a matter of time and personal taste. Remember, the swift's design was not inspired much at launch.