Team-BHP - Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/115751-facelifted-maruti-ritz-round-corner-9.html)

Good! I have been pestering Maruti with endless emails to introduce Ritz and Swift with automatics. Somebody out there is listening, if this is true.

The 1 lakh+ difference on Dzire VXi and Dzire VXi AT is too much considering that on the A-Star it is a 50k difference for 'probably' the same kind of auto box (not too sure how much different they are).

Pradeep

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 2857713)
Ok Guys, another good news. I saw petrol Automatic version (ABS) today! :)

Here are the pics of the redesigned front.

Attachment 963870
Attachment 963871

FYI, I got info from MSIL staff today that efforts are already underway to start production of Swift at Gurgaon. I am not sure how easy it is, but it was done last time also when there were problems in Manesar.

Great scoop revved_up! Did you catch a glimpse of the interiors too? If yes, then do they look any better than the outgoing car? Also, was it the ZXI A/T or the VXI? Thanks. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhinav667 (Post 2859887)
Great scoop revved_up! Did you catch a glimpse of the interiors too? If yes, then do they look any better than the outgoing car? Also, was it the ZXI A/T or the VXI? Thanks. :)

It was VXi.

So, i saw the interiors a little carefully today and found that some of the cars had a reddish dashboard and some others had normal grey one.

I think Ritz is going the Figo way by offering option for colored dash.

Ritz is surely a great package though with a sore back. There are at least 3 folks whom I know of who will jump to buy the Ritzy only if they see a more desirable back which seems to be the only deal breaker!

Actually if you carefully notice a Ritz the boomerang shape straigtens out if viewed directly perpendicular to the tail gate. The shape is accentuated by the tail lamps more than the body design itself.

MSIL are you listening and if so please launch it with this overwhelming feedback from a lot of your potential customers.

The changes that may make it an absolute scorcher in terms of sales hopefully atleast trebling its existing sales (adding to the fact that its sibling Swift is off showrooms)-
  1. Make design changes to the backside so that it looks more appealing to many potential buyers
  2. Introduction of a diesel AT which would be an absolute first in this segment

Thanks revved. The absence of ACC is another sore point apart from the boomerang (to me it resembles more to the back of an arrow) hind.

Ritz is a fantastic hatch, that serves all the purpose of its buyers, being it performance or ride quality. As long as looks are considered, its just a matter of time and personal preference. People will get used to the looks just like the swift. Prospective buyers should consider the radical styling as an innovation than a drawback. IMO, the ritz is one of the best hatches in India having superb aesthetic appeal

Quote:

Originally Posted by girishglg (Post 2860571)
  1. Make design changes to the backside so that it looks more appealing to many potential buyers

Is this rear end OK for you? My suggestion to Maruti: Make the roof flattened, and make the rear bulge out!

Its an awsome car that definitely requires an upgrade and marketing push! None of my friends who have bought it regret their decisions. But definitely feel neglected by MSIL since Swift gets loads of features and Ritz doesn't (like ever!).
And if people could get over the froglike looks for Santro & the first gen sonata when they were launched, the Ritz looks like a prince if i compare it to that!

@midhun - Not a bad job. You make the rear look like a Merc A-Class! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 2860913)
Its an awsome car that definitely requires an upgrade and marketing push!

Upgrade yes, But marketing push, definitely no !
Why no? On lighter vein we at least get one awesome Maruti car without a waiting period! :)

Jokes apart, every time I drive it, my belief in it increases to new heights.
Its a perfect hatch both for the city and for the highway. I am just amazed at its ability to take bad roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 2860568)
It was VXi.

So, i saw the interiors a little carefully today and found that some of the cars had a reddish dashboard and some others had normal grey one.

I think Ritz is going the Figo way by offering option for colored dash.

The present Ritz also has the dashboard coloured, just like the figo. It has blue colored dash, but available as option only with the zxi variant. I have seen it somewhere, maybe in the brochure.

Mine is a vdi, with normal grey dash. Dealer never told me of such color option with vdi/vxi variants.

Any latest update of its launching date ?

Saw this thread just now. Even the Ritz AT was available, I would have definitely preferred it to the i10, because of its driving characteristics.

But i10 is much more polished package. Dont know would this turn out to be.
In fact more than the Ritz it would have been nicer if Maruti launched one on Wagon-R or the Zen. Perfect for a second AT car.
A 1L AT gives both space, mileage and comfort of AT.

Astar today is very small from space and usage practicality point of view.

1. Is it a 4speed or a 5speed A/T?
2. Does any of the versions have an arm rest.
3. What more is available in the ZDi?
Rear wiper/steering controls/airbags/ ACC / integrated key/ are all of these available?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2869382)
Even the Ritz AT was available, I would have definitely preferred it to the i10, because of its driving characteristics.

But i10 is much more polished package.

Agree. Ritz is a far better car than i10, but as you said, the 'polished' i10 manages to please many. If maruti modify ritz's rear in the new avatar, it will be a superhit, imo.

Source: Maruti Ritz facelift launch mostly in September, to get AT option |

"Maruti Suzuki has now postponed its launch of the new Ritz by September. The car may be launched just around the festive season of Ganesh Chaturthi."