Team-BHP - Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/115751-facelifted-maruti-ritz-round-corner-6.html)

Looks really nice with the new curves at front. Looks younger! The blue green colour looks especially nice and soothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satishchugh (Post 2725170)
1. Is it worth to wait for the new car or should I go ahead and buy the current version?

2. Ideally I wanted to buy mini-Xylo ...

3. Do you guys expect a price hike for the refreshed version?

1. If possible then wait. The Japanese site shows 2012.6 that is June 12. I am sure in case of resale you will realize more value than old version.

2. Many guys are hanging on to Mini xylo, but it is taking forever! Besides, I have a feeling it won't be available at your mentioned price range, no way.

3. Most probably there will be a price change! But it will be justified for the new version with changes.

The new Splash (Ritz in India) looks good. I took some more pictures from the Suzuki Japanese Web site ??? ??????

Exteriors - Look more sporty and this colour suits the car well. The rear bumper gives more character to the car, but it is going to be a pain to clean

Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?-ritz-exterior.jpg

Interiors - Looks very pleasing. No ACC and no Tachometer!!!

Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?-ritz-interior1.jpg

Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?-ritz-interior2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2766154)
New Splash from Japan; not much changes at the rear.

Looks good. Almost the same as the one spotted inside the MSIL factory earlier.

But I think it will be opportunity loss if they don't alter the rear. The market will expect that with a facelift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAS (Post 2766411)
Interiors - Looks very pleasing. No ACC and no Tachometer!!!

No tachometer is perhaps because the car shown is an automatic one. The manual one - atleast in higher versions - will have tachometer.

if only the new one came with an automatic option. Anyday would fare better over A*. Considering that MSIL have an autobox for Dzire, shouldn't be dificult to equip Ritz with one too. Would make a good city car. If only wishes were horses...

Quote:

Originally Posted by satishchugh (Post 2725170)
I am planning to buy a new car in next few weeks. Ritz VDi is one of the shortlists.

1. I have the current Ritz, and the new one (front) looks definately worth the wait.

2. Ritz is a tall boy and a sturdy ride any day, I am a big fan of mini-SUV's and Ritz was my second option too. It has served me well in the last 2 yrs.

3. With the new bells and whistles that it will come with, it should have a higher price tag

4. If you see the equipment list of new SPLASH, it is not a drastic change from the old version (unlike swift old to swift new). I don't think you will have a problem here.

just bought a Ritz this march, and hence checked this this thread with lot of anticipation.
Thankfully, Lookwise I really don't feel I am missing out on much.
Will wait for the tech specs for a proper comparison.
But would really like to see some added features and goodies as the current model is too short on that count.
The interiors pics however does not seem to address one of my grouses: storage space for nicknacks!
i especially miss a coffee/glass holder on the driver's side (the one in front of the handbrakes are no good! spilled Coke the last day on braking :( )
A driver's hand rest too would be real handy!!
Hope they put in some of these small features in the new model!

The boomerang rear tail lamps are what put most people off. It makes the vehicle look like the back is protruding at the top (optical illusion), which is why you'd find a lot of funny remarks about it.

The pics I've seen of the rear facelift only have the rear bumper slightly changed. The extended grille would probably mean increased cost of front 'bumper' replacements - some people seem to need a new one twice a year because of no fault of their own.

I have visited Maruti showroom in Chennai for checking current Ritz. On asking about the facelift launch, the sales executive informed that there will be 2 car launches in a year from Maruti stable. Since Ertiga has lauched sometime back, the new Ritz might be available during Diwali or by year end. Need to dig out the historical launches by maruti to evaluate that statement.

Maruti should take the design hints for the new Ritz from the successful design of Ertiga. Many people say Ertiga is a grown-up Ritz. But now they have to make Ritz a shrunken Ertiga (in length and height).

Well i didnt knew this thread existed for Ritz, hence delay in posting this.

While on my way to office (Manesar) where maruti plant is located as well, i saw this Ritz all tapped up. First i saw this car in my rear view mirror and saw a car with headlights tapped and hardly anything that would reveal its a Ritz. Hence i let this car to over take me. The moment it over took, i realized its a Ritz and started clicking pics.
From the back i couldnt see any difference. Everything looked same to me or maybe i have never looked at Ritz closely. Maruti badge, variant etc were tapped. I tried to click the front view when i over took it again, but i couldn't as i was driving alone and it could have been little dangerous.

So these are the best pics i could click (sorry guys). Will keep an eye open for next sighting as my office is right next to maruti plant.

Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?-pic-1.jpg

Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?-pic-2.jpg

Facelifted Maruti Ritz round the corner?-pic-3.jpg

Quote:

Suzuki Launches New 2012 Facelifted Splash (aka Ritz) in UK at £7777 (6.6 Lakh)

Suzuki is rolling out the new facelifted Splash (known as Ritz in India) across international markets slowly. A few days back new looking Splash was launched in some countries of Europe.

And now the new 2012 Splash is launched in the British market. In this iteration of the car, Splash has received changes to the front bumper, front grille, fog lamps etc. In UK, Splash will be available in 3 variants – SZ2, SZ3 and SZ4. Among other features Keyless entry, multi-function steering wheel, ESP, 15 inch rims form the important ones. Prices of the car start at £7777 which is roughly around 6.6 Lakh in Indian currency.

In UK, Splash makes do with 1L 68 bhp and 1.2L 93 bhp motors against the 1.2L K-series and 1.3L DDIS engine we get in India.

In India, the new Ritz has been caught testing a few times, however there is no official word from Maruti on the launch. We expect the car to make way before Diwali for sure.
Suzuki Launches New 2012 Facelifted Splash (aka Ritz) in UK at £7777 (6.6 Lakh) | MotorBash.com

I hope they don't increase their price in india also.

Sources say face lifted Ritz launch is expected around 22nd July.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2max6 (Post 2840642)
Sources say face lifted Ritz launch is expected around 22nd July.

With only those face and rear bumper changes, this will be an absolute waste of a relaunch, just like that of beige-ified AStar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun

With only those face and rear bumper changes, this will be an absolute waste of a relaunch, just like that of beige-ified AStar.

I, for one, am very happy that Suzuki are not messing around with (changing) the Ritz too much. I was only hoping that they added a few more features on the barebones L_i variants apart from making ABS standard (or at least a paid option).

The Ritz is an excellent car as it is but is not selling as well as it should, mainly because many don't like its unconventional rear styling. Unfortunately, Maruti Suzuki often downgrade stuff in the car (in terms of quality) under the cover of a facelift/next year's model as we have seen so many times. Even a completely new generation car sometimes takes a couple of steps backwards along with the advancements, like the new Swift (much weaker brakes, cheaper window glass that is thinner, reduced low-end drivability on the petrol despite inclusion of VVT and bhp increase).

I seriously hope they don't downgrade the brakes or window glass on the new Ritz. please: I don't want the addition of VVT if it is going to result in reduced drivability due to tuning aimed at achieving better on-paper ARAI fuel efficiency figures.

I like the existing Ritz (including its rear :) ) very much. I feel it is the best all-round car among Suzuki hatchbacks and it would definitely be on the list if I'm looking out for a new car. I know the market may not agree though.