Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 11:07   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs

The Lexus RC-F lands on Indian shores for the first time!

RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 11:14   #152
BHPian

re: Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Lexus RC-F lands on Indian shores for the first time!

I really don't know if something is wrong with me, but i find this car in this particular colour incredibly attractive.

I know it is a portly heavy car and cannot hold a candle to the C63 AMG or M4, but there is something which attracts me to this car.

Probably it is the fact that nearly all test drive videos which rave about its Normally aspirated have the car in the same colour.
rohitoasis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 14:33   #153
BHPian

I love the expert mode. I'm assuming most of us have seen this.

Shivjeet is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 23:30   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

More pictures of the Lexus RC-F, now standing at a Toyota dealership in Chennai, courtesy Motoroids.

Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs-lexusrcfmotoroids7.jpg

Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs-lexusrcfmotoroids8.jpg

Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs-lexusrcfmotoroids6.jpg

Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs-lexusrcfmotoroids1.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 11:42   #155
BHPian

Another one from Chennai Exotics Instagram.

Zauba has data about an RC F imported last week. Since the first one was spotted around 2 weeks back, could the data be of a second one?
Attached Images

VR/46_Chet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 12:14   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

A single unit of the LX570 SUV has been imported, sporting the 5.7L petrol option under it's hood.

Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs-570.jpg

Zauba
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 12:48   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Lexus opens bookings in India.

The luxury brand will offer three models initially, with deliveries set to begin in March; first dealership to be set up in Mumbai.

Quote:
The first models to be launched will be the RX450h and LX450d SUVs and the ES300h sedan. Initially, all three models will be fully imported from Japan via the CBU route. The carmaker is currently gearing up for local assembly in India, but that will commence later.

The Lexus line-up in India will come with all options that are available in the Japanese-spec models. However, the first batch of India-spec cars will miss out on the navigation system as India maps are difficult to configure on imports
Quote:
Toyota also plans to make service and the ownership experience a strong differentiator with Lexus. The manufacturer will offer multiple service and warranty schemes to provide customers with the same peace of mind associated with the brand.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th November 2016 at 12:51.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 15:18   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-403236.aspx/2

Tentative ex-showroom prices for the Lexus range in India are as follows:

Lexus RX450h SUV: Rs 1.17 crore
Lexus LX450d SUV: Rs 2 crore
Lexus LX570d SUV: Rs 2.15 crore
Lexus ES300h sedan: Rs 75 lakh

If this is the pricing plan, well.
As a staunch Lexus fan, I can't find much to justify the pricing.
The ES300h is priced the same as if one imports it in private.

But the RX and LX are priced way and above the pricing+custom duties.

Agreed that Toyota always imports at the full invoice price, unlike the Germans and hence attracting higher tax, but at least this time they could have absorbed some of the cost and priced it near to the Europeans.

Still waiting to hear the official final price.
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 13:30   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-403236.aspx/2

Tentative ex-showroom prices for the Lexus range in India are as follows:

Lexus RX450h SUV: Rs 1.17 crore
Lexus LX450d SUV: Rs 2 crore
Lexus LX570d SUV: Rs 2.15 crore
Lexus ES300h sedan: Rs 75 lakh

If this is the pricing plan, well.
As a staunch Lexus fan, I can't find much to justify the pricing.
The ES300h is priced the same as if one imports it in private.

But the RX and LX are priced way and above the pricing+custom duties.

Agreed that Toyota always imports at the full invoice price, unlike the Germans and hence attracting higher tax, but at least this time they could have absorbed some of the cost and priced it near to the Europeans.

Still waiting to hear the official final price.
Couldn't agree more. At these prices Lexus could be a dead horse before launch. I cannot stop wondering what is going through the heads of Lexuses, JLR and even Porsche when they come up with ridiculous pricing. While it is easy to blame Indian tax structure, but are they even looking at their product.

At least Porsche pitches itself as a niche sports car company and matches or betters the locally assembled luxe marques on every aspect of Quality, Fit & Finish (actually 2 notches above), Infotainment, Comfort and slams the others on performance. (Yes, ride quality takes a beating only a bit).
I wonder what JLR and Lexus have to offer.
While generally speaking Jaguar quality is good but, seems to fade in comparison with Porsche and just struggles to match Mercs, Audis and BMs. Even the improved JLR infotainment was mediocre in comparison to that of the BMWs and Audis. Yes, Jags seems to have mastered the ride and handling balance (but so have Porsche and the new Masers) and the Range Rover is in a league of its own off road.

I haven't lived with Lexuses beyond short drives but, given the price - I found them a bit short on quality and comfort. And I have heard usability of the infotainment system is at best on par with Merc's. (But then, most Indians use chauffeurs for these cars at these price points.)
316kmph is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 17:12   #160
BHPian

I'm honestly not all that surprised with the pricing. Looks like all cars will only keep going up in price. I'd be very surprised if Lexus sells more than a handful of these things.
Only someone obsessed with Toyota and "Low Maintenance " will buy these over the Bimmers, Mercs or Range Rovers.
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 02:05   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Only someone obsessed with Toyota and "Low Maintenance " will buy these over the Bimmers, Mercs or Range Rovers.
Forget the rest, at these prices for the ES300H, even a Toyota fan would simply pick up the Camry Hybrid, if not one of these germans.
Old 28th November 2016, 09:57   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
even a Toyota fan would simply pick up the Camry Hybrid
They do have a fan following, one of our members has already booked one but once people actually see their cars and then start comparing with MB/BMW and other premium segments we will know how successful they are.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...ml#post4100051

I think we will have some surprises in the upcoming budget for Hybrid cars, Toyota takes their decision after planning and only if it's viable. Who knows what have they been promised by the Japanese government ( which has great relations with ours) . Or they might have plans to invest in hybrids in India for domestic as well Exports. There has to be a reason why they are launching only hybrids, for the bigger trucks I am sure they will find customers @ 2 Crore as well, people already buy a basic LC @ 1,4 Crore.

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th November 2016 at 10:06.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 17:24   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Forget the rest, at these prices for the ES300H, even a Toyota fan would simply pick up the Camry Hybrid, if not one of these germans.
This is true a friend of mine owns only Toyota and Hyundai cars. He can easily afford an S class Maybach but still chose to buy the Camry Hybrid. He may buy a Lexus, but his philosophy in life is simple, " I don't drive, I get driven, why the h*ll should I spend so much on a car for a driver to enjoy? I am happy with the Innova. I will buy a new one everytime mine hits 1L Km"

I should add he is on his 7th Innova...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
They do have a fan following, one of our members has already booked one but once people actually see their cars and then start comparing with MB/BMW and other premium segments we will know how successful they are.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...ml#post4100051

I think we will have some surprises in the upcoming budget for Hybrid cars, Toyota takes their decision after planning and only if it's viable. Who knows what have they been promised by the Japanese government ( which has great relations with ours) . Or they might have plans to invest in hybrids in India for domestic as well Exports. There has to be a reason why they are launching only hybrids, for the bigger trucks I am sure they will find customers @ 2 Crore as well, people already buy a basic LC @ 1,4 Crore.
Oh wow! I didn't realize that someone on the forum has already booked one. Hope he enjoys it!

I suspect the hybrids are more for the situation in Delhi, which is the largest market for premium cars in the country. Even if significant tax benefits are given, the pricing will remain wonky! Also, having driven Lexus cars extensively in the US (yes, my family there are crazy Toyota fanatics), I can frankly say that no car has ever bored me more!

Toyota is losing the ticket as far as I am concerned, yes their Fortuner and Innova move like hot cakes but they have been beaten hollow in every other segment. How many LCs and Prados do they actually sell? Especially when compared to the German offerings?

If I ever have enough money to buy a nice car, it is looking more and more like it will be between the E350 and 530D.
Old 1st December 2016, 18:35   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post

Oh wow! I didn't realize that someone on the forum has already booked one. Hope he enjoys it!

If I ever have enough money to buy a nice car, it is looking more and more like it will be between the E350 and 530D.
I will let you know if I am deeply disturbed after experiencing the Lexus. I wouldn't touch a Mercedes for all their lack of reliability. To each his own.
Old 1st December 2016, 18:48   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
I will let you know if I am deeply disturbed after experiencing the Lexus. I wouldn't touch a Mercedes for all their lack of reliability. To each his own.
Haha! Mr Narayan, life would be very bland and boring if we all had the same taste! I certainly don't think you'll be disturbed with your Lexus ownership.

I think you'll find the ES300H to be silent, reliable and very easy to live with. The ride will be comfortable and even after 5 years 100,000+ KM it shouldn't have any rattling in the cabin. While the build quality is excellent, the Germans are far more plush from the inside and drive much better. They certainly appeal more to me. I hope to upgrade to the 530D from my Jetta/Laura when the time is right.

As far as the reliability of Mercs go, the outgoing E class is rock solid, infact it very well may be one of the most reliable cars ever made. I also haven't heard of any issues with the S or the GLE; it certainly looks like Mercedes reliability is back to what it used to be.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks