Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 21:42   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Find car owner using the registration number - Instantly via SMS!

Well, for my first car I was the 2nd owner and now when i check it is showing the 3rd owner. My 2nd car also I was 2nd owner, but it still shows in my name (although from the other website link for getting these details, it is showing the new owner details). My current car also I am second owner and it is showing my name correctly.

I guess it depends on how well updated the source for the information is.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:38   #182
BHPian

I just now tried to get information about my colleagues car and the reply message was "Sorry you are not authorized to access the information".

I think the software was in BETA stage wherein the common man was able to access the information, but now the same must have been restricted to certain appropriate authority.

Anyone else getting same kind of message ?
Old 6th March 2012, 11:02   #183
BHPian

I am getting the same error message: "Sorry you are not authorized to access the information".

Didn't try earlier so I don't know whether this issue existed earlier as well. Mine is a company paid post-paid cell, hope this has nothing to do with access authorization!
Old 6th March 2012, 11:13   #184
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
I am getting the same error message: "Sorry you are not authorized to access the information".

Didn't try earlier so I don't know whether this issue existed earlier as well. Mine is a company paid post-paid cell, hope this has nothing to do with access authorization!
Yes, I also got the same error. This is the first time I tried.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:49   #185
BANNED

It's pulled off - Vehicle registration detail SMS service off - Mumbai - DNA
good!
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 12:21   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Though it was a great tool for people with right intentions, happy that the service has been pulled off in the greater interest of the country.

Nobody is gonna stop any legitimate user from loging in to the vahaan web portal and find the information by complying with the simple validation process.

Quite shocking that such a security lapse was let to stay for so long

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 6th March 2012 at 12:22.
Old 6th March 2012, 21:06   #187
BHPian

"Sorry your Mobile no is Not Authorize for this service."

This is what I got when I sent the SMS.
Good they pulled out.
Its a 2 sided sword and we can not afford to have this kind of system in India, for that matter any other country.
They probabily must make it a little harder and tricker so that it can not be used for the wrong reasons.
Old 7th March 2012, 10:31   #188
BHPian

Re: Find the Owner using Regn Number - Instantly via SMS! EDIT - Service Now Withdraw

Same for me. I also am getting "Sorry your Mobile no is Not Authorized for this service."

Seems like they have moved from Beta stage into production.
Old 7th November 2013, 13:51   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Find the Owner using Regn Number - Instantly via SMS! EDIT - Service Now Withdraw

Note from Mod : A member requested opening of thread so he can share an important update. Post which this thread will be closed again. Thanks
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 15:09   #190
Team-BHP Support

Thank you for re-opening the thread! The SMS based service seemed to work and also helped me resolve a RC card issue!

Since I had taken a bank loan for my car, the bank would ask for the copies of some important documents viz. RC card, insurance and invoice. The RC card I had received from the Surat RTO had the financer’s name left blank (a bummer by the RTO!) and so the bank insisted on getting the whole thing redone and issue a card with the bank’s name mentioned in the financer’s name field. Now that would’ve been a painful process so I called up the RTO agent and he told me that the details of the financer have been entered into the system and it shows correctly. But the bank wanted some proof of the hypothecation part because during audits, these are some of the random checks done and the manager insisted on a proof of some kind.

So after a bit of Google’ing, I ended up on this thread (we always have some thread or the other on Team-BHP!) and sent an SMS to 09212357123 as mentioned in the first post. Got a response within an instant, attaching the screenshot from my phone:

Find car owner using the registration number - Instantly via SMS!-wp_ss_20131107_0001.jpg

Called up my father, asked him to do the same from his end and show the response message to the bank officer. The officer appeared to be convinced! It seems that the details have been correctly fed into the Vaahan servers. The only downside of this being anyone could send an SMS and find out these details although it may not be of any use to them. They could have also asked the user to input the last 5 digits from the chassis number as an added security measure IMO.

Anyways, I just wanted to make a mention of this here. The thread helped me from the trouble of chasing the RTO agent, waiting for the new RC card etc.
Gannu_1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 15:33   #191
BHPian

Just checked the service availability in Mumbai. Worked perfectly fine.

Got details about the RC/FC Expiry, Finance and MV Tax.

Things not mentioned are the type of vehical, name/address of the owner.
IMO, Helps maintain privacy.
Old 7th November 2013, 15:46   #192
BHPian

Though the information is limited,it works now. I tried and got my car's details.
Old 7th November 2013, 16:11   #193
BHPian

I tried this today and received the response for my Car however it did not find my bike which was purchased in july 2013

"RC/FC Expiry:-4-Dec-18"
Old 7th November 2013, 18:00   #194
BHPian

Yes, it worked for my vehicle registered in Kolkata.
Old 13th September 2014, 16:34   #195
BHPian

Team, number changed to 07738299899 from older number, but slight change in service too. They don't provide owner details, just RC expiry and Tax details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks