Team-BHP - Find car owner using the registration number - Instantly via SMS!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Find car owner using the registration number - Instantly via SMS! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/116349-find-car-owner-using-registration-number-instantly-via-sms.html)

We can now know the ownership details of a vehicle using the Vehicle registration number instantly through SMS.

Send a SMS to 092123 57123 typing vahan <space> <regn number without space>
You would get the following information instantly
The Number of Ownership sequence, Owner name, Type of the vehicle, Make of the Vehicle, Registration fitness validity, the road tax validity

This data is available on all the vehicles registered or transacted in an RTO after 2003. It works flawlessly in Chennai :)

Its giving incorrect information, i tried on the car which i had sold 3 years back and i am aware that its registration has been transferred to a different owner (confirmed from web site). This SMS says its registered under my name.

Gives Vehicle type, Owner name, Regn/Fit upto, and road tax paid upto, details.

This works in Mumbai too. I think this is very useful in case of hit and run or while purchasing a used car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukaan (Post 2691820)
We can now know the ownership details of a vehicle using the Vehicle registration number instantly through SMS.

Send a SMS to 092123 57123 typing vahan <space> <regn number without space>
You would get the following information instantly
The Number of Ownership sequence, Owner name, Type of the vehicle, Make of the Vehicle, Registration fitness validity, the road tax validity

This data is available on all the vehicles registered or transacted in an RTO after 2003.
[FONT=&quot]It works flawlessly in Chennai:)[/FONT]

Hi, is it possible to have same help line in Mumbai RTO (There are three RTO offices in mumbai).It will become easy for the earlier owner to find out if his sold car is transfered to new owner.

Works in Haryana also !!!

Works for Delhi as well.

Works for Meghalaya too! Thanks for sharing this information :)

Just confirmed. Works here for Andhra Pradesh too :)

Didn't work for my 2007 MH registered Swift and my 2003 PB registered NHC, Says vehicle details not found, please verify the vehicle number or contact registering authority for digitization of the details.

Tried on two vehicles in Mumbai, didn't work. Both were registered post 2003

Thanks, mukaan. Perfectly worked for my Linea and also my previous vehicle MS Versa, both registered in Bangalore Rajajinagar RTO.

Just confirmed. Works for bangalore got the details of a car i am planning to buy.

Works great in Pune. But I did not find the details of my scooty which I sold in 2005!

Woah.

It works well in Calcutta too.

Found out the whereabouts of our Old Zen,Ikon 1.6,1000 and Esteems

fantastic.
works in delhi!!