Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2013, 15:40   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Datsun GO: A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Wow, are they trying to say that Go is their 'premium' hatch?

I can't imagine another Datsun that costs 1 lakh less than the Go. What else can they skimp on the already barebones Go hatch? Even if they remove AC and PS, that'll only save ~40k. What else to remove the remaining 60k?

Probably a cylinder chopped off from the current 1.2L engine and may be canvas top and door-less frame like the Mahindra jeeps?
For any car maker to go below 3 lakhs; Nano should be a bench mark; I have owned 1 for over a year and can safely say that for 2.5 lakhs, nothing can beat the Nano. With the power steering option coming now; this car is small wonder.
Old 19th December 2013, 15:55   #212
BHPian

Re: Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!

They have initiated a radio campaign on a couple of radio stations here in Mumbai, for Datsun 'Go's impending launch.

From the pictures posted, the rear is similar to the Etios the side profile, of the Indigo and front is hideous, IMO.

Wonder if the pricing would really be under 4 lacs?
Old 23rd January 2014, 07:14   #213
BHPian

Looks like Nissan's existing dealers are setting up exclusive Datsun dealerships. Yesterday there was an advertisement from Oxford Nissan - Pune for their Datsun Dealership for recruitment. In the advertisement, it was mentioned that, new Datsun Dealership will be inaugurated by March-'14.
Old 23rd January 2014, 10:02   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Looks like Nissan's existing dealers are setting up exclusive Datsun dealerships. Yesterday there was an advertisement from Oxford Nissan - Pune for their Datsun Dealership for recruitment. In the advertisement, it was mentioned that, new Datsun Dealership will be inaugurated by March-'14.
Makes sense. I've always wondered how can they promote Go and Micra Active from the same showroom without demeaning the other.

Looks like Nissan has left it up to the existing dealers to decide whether to run it from the same showroom or from a different showroom. I'm not sure if all dealers would have the real estate available for an additional showroom

Last edited by zenren : 23rd January 2014 at 10:06.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks