Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 22:11   #121
Senior - BHPian

A lot is being read into Assuming something is wrong with Mercedes, no nothing is wrong they just phased out a lot of their models in 2011-12 like the A,B, Ml, GL, SL, lack of a small suv, and a lot of models in their final phase like the S, so don't worry it's just their models in their last year vs others in their first year or so, things will be back to normal for Mercedes by early 2013 and by 2014 you should see them gearing up with one of the best come backs ever,

Have written a lot more in this post,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2744594

Regards,
Old 14th April 2012, 19:50   #122
BHPian

Re: March 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Great analysis as usual GTO.
Found the Mahindra figures interesting - XUV500 production seems to be ramping up - sales inching closer to Scorpio (can overtake if production keeps up).
Old 16th April 2012, 00:53   #123
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is uncalled for.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by GTO : 17th April 2012 at 11:25.
Furebo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th April 2012, 12:43   #124
BHPian

Good to see the safari slowly inching towards the 2000 mark. Maybe because of lack of interest in the Storme.
Old 16th April 2012, 14:54   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Good to see the safari slowly inching towards the 2000 mark. Maybe because of lack of interest in the Storme.
Yeah could be that !! Could also be the pre-budget rush, plus they must have rolled out a a lot of vehicles before the 16th at the lower excise rate.
Old 17th April 2012, 00:05   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
4x2 was the V2 that was supposed to get the sales. That didn't work.
Nope it wasn't, the 4x2 was always in the pipeline to be launched sooner or later (Sooner in this case) Anyways that was just a variant, I'm referring to the 2nd gen Aria

Last edited by GTO : 17th April 2012 at 11:26. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Furebo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 08:08   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Nope it wasn't, the 4x2 was always in the pipeline to be launched sooner or later (Sooner in this case) Anyways that was just a variant, I'm referring to the 2nd gen Aria
I think they made it sooner as 4x4 failed miserably.

But yeah, you are right. Their one way out is probably to launch a complete new version - considering they are taking ages to just launch Safari Strome, that probably will be in 2020 though . The other option would be to go the way Honda, Renault etc have gone - announce massive 2L cuts in their car and bring it at least a Lac below XUV.

Somewhere I read they were planning to launch a 6 speed auto with a bumped up 155 bhp/400Nm 2.2L engine. That *if priced well*, would be a fantastic option for them.
Old 17th April 2012, 21:06   #128
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I think they made it sooner as 4x4 failed miserably.

But yeah, you are right. Their one way out is probably to launch a complete new version - considering they are taking ages to just launch Safari Strome, that probably will be in 2020 though . The other option would be to go the way Honda, Renault etc have gone - announce massive 2L cuts in their car and bring it at least a Lac below XUV.

Somewhere I read they were planning to launch a 6 speed auto with a bumped up 155 bhp/400Nm 2.2L engine. That *if priced well*, would be a fantastic option for them.
The sales guy at KHT motors claims that the 6 speed auto will come before diwali. Had no clue about the 155 bhp engine though
Old 17th April 2012, 21:42   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Had no clue about the 155 bhp engine though
Apparently the Eurospec Aria comes with 155bhp/400Nm from the same 2.2L engine. Rumors (or hope ) abound that this is what would be used for the Automatic.

Thanks for the info on Diwali launch! I hope they put that on Safari also.
Old 21st April 2012, 00:02   #130
BHPian

Hi,

Can the experts in teamBHP predict which company will do well in 2012-13? Considering the new launches and current competitive positioning how do you think the charts will look like by 31st March 2013?

The CMIE report says auto industry will do very well in 12-13 and 13-14 with impressive growth owing to lower interest rates and lower pressure on raw materials. But which company will exploit the better environment to garner highest growth in sales and profit?

Would love to hear from all of you.

Cheers

VW
Old 21st April 2012, 00:23   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Can the experts in teamBHP predict which company will do well in 2012-13? Considering the new launches and current competitive positioning how do you think the charts will look like by 31st March 2013?
My bet for the long term is none other than Toyota.
MnM is always denying but I am sure they must be doing very good preparations for small car and would definitely throw a surprise in the next 1-2 years.
As for sales chart next year and few more years Maruti Swift, Dzire, Alto and Ertiga would top them as India is developing economy with vast population so demand for small cars will remain high for many years to come.
One company looking underprepared but surprisingly is in top three is Tata Motors. Maybe Indian market is not so important to them as here they have to try hard to sell even the Nano while in other economies their high end (read Evoque) products are booked in advance for the whole year, so why should they?
Disclaimer: I am not an expert on T-BHP to whom you addressed this question but here are my 2 cents. :-)

Last edited by carwatcher : 21st April 2012 at 00:25.
Old 21st April 2012, 01:42   #132
BHPian

While Sonata had almost no sales from October to Feb , they managed to sell 92 of them in March

I am surprised that things did not work out for Honda as expected, Brio has almost doubled its sales and City has dropped down, the new cosmetic changes didn't work or definitely the petrol prices are shaking Honda up !
Old 21st April 2012, 09:20   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroheadd View Post
While Sonata had almost no sales from October to Feb , they managed to sell 92 of them in March
Thats because they have launched the new Sonata now. Expect this number to slightly climb up in the coming months and more so once they launch the diesel variant.

Quote:
I am surprised that things did not work out for Honda as expected, Brio has almost doubled its sales and City has dropped down, the new cosmetic changes didn't work or definitely the petrol prices are shaking Honda up !
Actually Honda has been doing very well off late. After the initial slump in sales due to the Vento and Verna followed by the production issues, they now seem to be recovering very well. The Brio is doing quite well for itself and I expect the numbers to go north. Similarly the City is still selling in good numbers and no other car manufacture in India today can manage those sales figures with an only Petrol variant. Kudos to Honda for that. The Jazz after the price cuts has also become an extremely VFM hatch but being held back only due to the production issues.
Old 21st April 2012, 10:33   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
My bet for the long term is none other than Toyota.
MnM is always denying but I am sure they must be doing very good preparations for small car and would definitely throw a surprise in the next 1-2 years.
As for sales chart next year and few more years Maruti Swift, Dzire, Alto and Ertiga would top them as India is developing economy with vast population so demand for small cars will remain high for many years to come.
One company looking underprepared but surprisingly is in top three is Tata Motors. Maybe Indian market is not so important to them as here they have to try hard to sell even the Nano while in other economies their high end (read Evoque) products are booked in advance for the whole year, so why should they?
Disclaimer: I am not an expert on T-BHP to whom you addressed this question but here are my 2 cents. :-)

Thats the beauty of Team Bhp. Everyones entitled an opinion.
Anyhow, getting back to your point, i do not see Toyota being the Long term champion and believe it will be Hyundai. Toyota hasnt shown much urgency in the Indian market. They have plonked a made of India old school hatch and sedan namely the Etios in India and denied us the the new gen cars such as vios, yaris etc. They have plonked a small puny diesel in the Corolla and denied us the pleasure of a 1.8- 2 ltr engine. Also, they tried to sell us a petrol camry for over 10 years !! Never attempted to bring in a diesel.

On the other hand Hyundai has done everything right in terms of new products and diesel mills. Now they are working on a mini Suv and a Muv which will further fill the spaces left vacant by them.
Old 22nd April 2012, 08:15   #135
BHPian

GTO, Jalsa - As usual a very detailed review.

I am not sure if following queries has been raised already - Is it possible to have following manufacturer sales figures too
a) Number of Petrol and Diesel variant for each model
b) Number of Automatic variant for each model
c) Export numbers - for example, it seems Micra is exported more than sold in India
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks