I will ground my car and wait & watch for the order to change 375 46.18%
Mine are factory fitted and I can't remove them 39 4.80%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2012, 18:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My action on the Sun Film Verdit

I am unable to choose two options. I would like to choose option number 3 and 5. On one of my cars which usually does city runs i would remove it myself before the deadline, as this is a cheap sun film i would not mind it also.

On the other car, i would ground it till there is some progress in this case (Possibly till this month end). I usually use this car for highway runs and we are not planning any in this month, so this would help. Also because the sun film on this car is an expensive one from 3M, a very light one at that.
Old 15th May 2012, 19:06   #17
BHPian

I have removed the the Sun Film on my car (DIY), for the following reasons.

1. I was planning to remove the same even before the Supreme court order, as the tints were too dark and it was a big problem in the night especially while reversing or driving on the narrow roads.

2. I don't want to get harassed by Motor Vehicle department and the local police as my tints will never pass the 70%/50% test even if some relief provided by the courts later.

3. My car (Opel Corsa) has tinted glasses (as per the marking on the glasses the tint is less than 30%).
Old 15th May 2012, 19:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have not removed the sun films from any of my cars and neither the traffic cops have bothered to do so till date. Right now It's pure luck, you never know when they will tear it off. I will remove once I get a challan from the traffic cops. I am sure this removal drive will slowly cool off within a month or two.

Last edited by bluevolt : 15th May 2012 at 19:28.
Old 15th May 2012, 19:30   #19
BHPian

Like many, even I'm going with the wait and watch approach. There's a traffic cop who lives near my house and he has dark tints on his wagon-r and even he hasn't removed them yet. Aren't these the ones to be setting an example?
Old 15th May 2012, 19:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to do DIY sometime before the deadline.
Why ? because i am well aware that my sun films are pretty dark(35%)+ 5 years old+ my dealer gave it free when i bought the car

If i had the lighter shades or had paid good amount for the sun films, i would have definitely waited longer and perhaps even paid the first fine and then thought about removing it.
Old 15th May 2012, 19:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Deadline is 19th May 2012.
For Bangalore, Yes.

SC Order is already on. Depends on when the cops decides to implement it. Delhi was the first to start imposing, I guess. Bangalore cops gave two weeks time to remove the films. Chennai and Mumbai doesn't seem to have issues till now. it seems Kolkata already had some restrictions in place even before the SC order. Kerala police have already given ultimatum to remove the films, but no news of any implementation yet.

I plan to wait and watch for a couple of more days beyond the 19th. Also plan to DIY removal.
Old 15th May 2012, 20:16   #22
BHPian

I have VKool tints on my cars. RTO approved - now an old story I guess. I paid approx 20 grand for each car and am loathe to throw this money down the drain.
I quite agree with the ruling about dark tints but why all tints???
There are much worse hazards on the road than dark tints.
Even till today the helmet rule is still being flouted blatantly.
I am hoping there will be a stay order on this ruling.

Regards,

SS
Old 15th May 2012, 20:16   #23
BHPian

Well, there is no communication as such about this law being enforced in Mumbai. Will wait till the deadline, ground the car for a couple of days to check enforcement, and then decide if I should remove them or not.
SuperBee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 20:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

I am on the sidelines as well, my sun films are well above the earlier approved limit so am taking a chance with the cops , using the car daily and yet to be stopped for films. The day i do, will pay the 100 fine and do a DIY removal of rest of the films.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 20:58   #25
BHPian

After considering the cost that has gone into the sunfilms for my car, I will not be removing it until I get stopped by a cop for the same, especially since the fine is Rs100.

The car remains grounded on weekends but I have to take it out on weekdays to office.

Though I do not think I can last long with this strategy.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 21:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Bought a new car last week. Drove it straight into 3M car care to get my sun films. Got the RE50 series. It does a great job in rejecting heat while allowing more light into the cabin. Any police man worth his salt shouldn't stop me!
Old 15th May 2012, 21:08   #27
BHPian

Fine Rs.100
Cops pulling the film off Free

If and when you get stopped, the cops will pull out your film or worse slash with a blade, so you are forced to pull out.

Rajan
PatchyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 21:26   #28
BHPian

Got mine removed more than a week back. Was finding night driving with unlit motorists around me unsafe plus I didn't want to be bothered by cops.

Luckily for me my sunfilms came as a freebie hence removing them didn't hurt as much.
Old 15th May 2012, 22:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

I have decided to continue with films on my ride, which are as per earlier approved limit, till date i have not tried to remove them, nor cop tried so , i'll remove them the day, once i get a challan for it and i am not grounding my car, i am using it on daily basis, till date luck has been with me, let's see how longer i can continue with them .

IMO this rule won't last long and will get cooled down in some time .

Cheers
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 15th May 2012 at 22:53.
Old 15th May 2012, 23:14   #30
BANNED

re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

I will NOT remove the film I have till the moment I can hold on to it. I will ground the car and wait till the court re opens in July, and of course, travel at night in the mean time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks