I will remove it before the deadline (from a shop) 73 8.99%
I will ground my car and wait & watch for the order to change 375 46.18%
Mine are factory fitted and I can't remove them 39 4.80%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2012, 11:04   #526
BHPian

Re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgem

After a long time yesterday I saw police stopping vehicles with dark tints in Jeevanbhima Nagar. I saw the owners haggling with them but the guys went ahead and put fine on the violation. Boy was I happy I am absolutely against vehicles driven with complete dark tints.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 11:25   #527
Senior - BHPian

Re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgem

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes, they have started their serious drive this week. Many of my friends were caught too. Hope light films will be allowed in the future.
If you are coming to Kakkanad side, it's very likely that you may be penalised. I have seen policemen checking vehicles that are stopped at the Collectorate signal.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 12:58   #528
BHPian

IG B Sandhya travelling in a vehicle(white innova) with no sun film on them but with corrugated white curtains on side windows and back!

Wonderful! Happen to see this aired on television on her visit to Matha Amritanada Mayi Ashram for investigation of some murder case. Yes- laws are only for people, not for officials!
Sedate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 14:22   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@ infotech - You right. The Punjab Govt , has issued strict orders to remove tints from all cars with immediate effect. This ofcourse does not extend to any Government " machinery " .
do you happen to know the amount imposed as fine if caught?
i was planning to shift my Vtec to Chandigarh or Jalandhar last weekend but had to cancel out at last minute; probably will remove the dark tints before i transfer the car sometime near year end.
Old 9th August 2012, 14:52   #530
BHPian

Bad news again..

I was happily driving my tinted car and was hoping that the order will get settled as usual, cops will start ignoring tinted people. Every thing was going good, all of a sudden my friend calls me and warns that Police has increased the fine for people who have not removed sun films. They have now stopped spot fining, and are just filing case against the offender, the best part is case is being charged under category "In Contempt Of Court", we have to go to court and settle the whole issue. He know two guys who have settled the sun film issue in front of Judge and an Advocate, Judge made him pay 4k .

Planning to get the sun film today or tomorrow.

@cochin people. The two incidents took place @kakkanad and @menaka. One of my friends updated me that there are checking going on @vazakkala.

Guys!!! beware, they are on the task. It seems that we can't hide anymore. Now I am even worried to hide.
limited-edition is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 15:51   #531
Senior - BHPian

@ infotech - For the first offence its 1000 rs in chandigarh. But they tear the film on the spot. Punjab has started doing this too. So , I suggest you have it removed yourself .
Old 9th August 2012, 23:40   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Bad news again..

I was happily driving my tinted car and was hoping that the order will get settled as usual, cops will start ignoring tinted people. Every thing was going good, all of a sudden my friend calls me and warns that Police has increased the fine for people who have not removed sun films. They have now stopped spot fining, and are just filing case against the offender, the best part is case is being charged under category "In Contempt Of Court", we have to go to court and settle the whole issue. He know two guys who have settled the sun film issue in front of Judge and an Advocate, Judge made him pay 4k .

Planning to get the sun film today or tomorrow.

@cochin people. The two incidents took place @kakkanad and @menaka. One of my friends updated me that there are checking going on @vazakkala.

Guys!!! beware, they are on the task. It seems that we can't hide anymore. Now I am even worried to hide.
You are right! No more hiding. Cops are on at full pace here, in Kerala. Today, I just narrowly escaped from the hands of police, when i saw them catching other cars, made a quick U-turn and returned home. Replaced the car with bike and completed the trip. Cops are getting more active day by day. Planning to get my Lumar tints removed tomorrow. Can't dare to bring the court between me and my tints.
Old 10th August 2012, 09:48   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

How is the scene unfolding in Gujarat? Specially Ahmadabad and Vadodara. Till now I haven't seen any drive against the sunfilms. Infact the cops are least bothered since almost 80% of the 2 wheeler drivers are without a helmet even today. I am planning to take my beloved tinted car from Delhi to Vadodara instead.
Old 10th August 2012, 12:46   #534
BHPian

Good Law is finally catching up with people who think they could getaway by breaking rules . I never liked darker tints and all my cars have films as are per RTO norms .
Old 10th August 2012, 12:52   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Good Law is finally catching up with people who think they could getaway by breaking rules . I never liked darker tints and all my cars have films as are per RTO norms .
Friend, where have you been all these days? You are breaking rules too
Old 10th August 2012, 13:03   #536
BHPian

Film with 70% VLT on side glasses is much more than the required 50% VLT i guess , also none of my cars have films on rear glasses they are all clear . So i dont think have broken any rules !! . Infact the VLT % is printed on the film with a sticker from Garware stating it is in tune with MV rules .
Old 10th August 2012, 13:07   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Film with 70% VLT on side glasses is much more than the required 50% VLT i guess , also none of my cars have films on rear glasses they are all clear . So i dont think have broken any rules !! . Infact the VLT % is printed on the film with a sticker from Garware stating it is in tune with MV rules .

You really need to visit the forum more often man. Your films are now illegal according to the latest SC verdict that has been discussed so extensively everywhere for the last 3 months now. According to the law you are not allowed to paste any films on your car REGARDLESS OF THE VLT %. So your certificate from garware is of no use now. Do get the films removed or risk getting them ripped off by cops and getting challaned for the same.
drmohitg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 13:16   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

You really need to visit the forum more often man. Your films are now illegal according to the latest SC verdict that has been discussed so extensively everywhere for the last 3 months now. According to the law you are not allowed to paste any films on your car REGARDLESS OF THE VLT %. So your certificate from garware is of no use now. Do get the films removed or risk getting them ripped off by cops and getting challaned for the same.
No. Do not get it removed! You have mentioned you have 70% VLT all through. Very good chance of one getting lucky with 70vlt. BTW, they are not enforcing it yet in Hyderabad. Worst case scenario, they will penalize you and try ripping it partially from every glass that it has been installed on. Request them that you will get the needful done with someone that does the job better. High probability they will oblige.
Old 10th August 2012, 13:16   #539
BANNED

Yesterday my wife got caught with traffic police and got away with fine of Rs. 100.00 and warning that get films removed.
Normally what I do when I see Cops that I lower down all four window glasses and get away. I have done this at least 10-12 times and most of the time I know where these cops are for this purpose only.
Old 10th August 2012, 13:21   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
No. Do not get it removed! You have mentioned you have 70% VLT all through. Very good chance of one getting lucky with 70vlt. BTW, they are not enforcing it yet in Hyderabad. Worst case scenario, they will penalize you and try ripping it partially from every glass that it has been installed on. Request them that you will get the needful done with someone that does the job better. High probability they will oblige.
Yup no need to get the 70% films removed. There is surely a very good chance that the cops cannot make that out. But my post was directed more at the point of whats legal and what is not, post the SC verdict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Yesterday my wife got caught with traffic police and got away with fine of Rs. 100.00 and warning that get films removed.
Normally what I do when I see Cops that I lower down all four window glasses and get away. I have done this at least 10-12 times and most of the time I know where these cops are for this purpose only.
Where was she stopped? From what I have seen they are present everywhere and rather randomly. Its tough to pin point certain specific locations specially given the fact that distances in delhi are quite long and one has to travel a lot across the city.
I feel moving down all 4 windows might make you even more of a suspect specially when you are driving alone. Although it does sound like a good idea.

Last edited by drmohitg : 10th August 2012 at 13:22.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks