Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 23:40   #376
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Launch Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Although I still would give the duster a thumbs up, my head did not allow me to plonk 13.5 L (in hyderabad) for the RxZ with leather, when I had the XUV W8 in my sight for another 2 L.
So, you can grab a W8 for 15.5L in Hyd? That's really good then. Because I know a friend of mine who paid 16L in Mar for W8 in Blr. And now the prices have still gone higher if I am not wrong.
Also, are they even taking bookings for XUV and what's the delivery period?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
For you & the few good men left, who are still interested in the petrol version! I had earlier written to Renualt senior management (MD, CEO etc) on their poor decision to not even offer ABS & Airbags in the petrol vehicles & below is their much delayed reply. Well, nothing much to say really other than nod the head & accept the reality that we are in India! The regressive Tax policy on automobiles (Excise duty, Import duty, Lifetax, RTO, Insurance, Tax on petrol etc) & our cost conscious upbringing reflects in their market study.
Thanks for taking this up with Renault India. I really appreciate that
Their survey can't be ignored also in one sense. This thread itself is the proof. In the last 25 pages, how many posts can you find related to petrol variant queries.
Old 11th July 2012, 08:51   #377
BHPian

Guys,

Important question: Do we know when the prices will be revised upwards? I'm assuming that will happen soon, but the question is when. Any indications of by how much?
Old 11th July 2012, 08:55   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
So, you can grab a W8 for 15.5L in Hyd? That's really good then. Because I know a friend of mine who paid 16L in Mar for W8 in Blr. And now the prices have still gone higher if I am not wrong.
Also, are they even taking bookings for XUV and what's the delivery period?
Its about 15.66 L without any accessories in Hyderabad. Dealers are including 80K of accessories in their price which takes it to 16.46L, but then the accessories are optional.
I have been informed by the sales rep that the waiting period is about 3-4 months, so hope to take delivery in November
Old 11th July 2012, 09:30   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
Guys,

Important question: Do we know when the prices will be revised upwards? I'm assuming that will happen soon, but the question is when. Any indications of by how much?
Important message to give to Renault, instead, would be:
Now that you seem to have a good order volume stacked up, please pass on the economies of scale to future customers, and see your product flourish.
Don't try and play a short term game here. You have already tempted fate by pricing this a wee bit on the higher side. Any more, and the market (consumers) would kick you out of India!
roy_libran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 10:39   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
Good observations mate . Personal opinions are what differentiate us from each other , else the world would be a very boring place. Though I did not like XUV as much as many of my friends ,still I feel its a good buy if you can live with niggles and so man , congratulations
Enjoy .
There are hardly any issues with the latest lot. I've a May 2012 mfg W6, got it a month back. It has ~1900kms on odo and the experience is fantastic, I was even ready to handle a few niggles based on some inputs/reviews from the previous owners, very happy with the drive and experience so far - no issues at all - drives very good in the city trafic (more than 50% I drove in city so far to break it in properly) and glides effortlessly and wonderfully on highways at 120 or more if its a good expressway or GQ kind of road. IMO, W6 is more VFM (-all electrical issues) and makes more sense when we compre it with high end duster, sorry, I havent looked at duster yet so my knowledge is limited, I'm just comparing the features on offer and the price at which its available.
Old 11th July 2012, 10:47   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
There are hardly any issues with the latest lot. I've a May 2012 mfg W6, got it a month back..
Thats a good news Ketan. If Mahindra can take care of the niggles then its a superb choice. Yes, a no-nonsesne variant always makes sense when you have doubts about quality of electricals and enhancements. W6 certainly makes sense in that case.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th July 2012 at 11:14. Reason: Please note that spaces only come AFTER punctuation marks, not before. Thanks.
Old 11th July 2012, 11:57   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Its a tough call. I was in the same predicament for some time. I guess you need to go feel the duster in flesh and take a good test drive. I would recommend you stop by Mahindra and drive the XUV immediately afterwards to get a first hand feel for the differences. This worked for me and I hope the answer dawns on you as well
Thanks for this, I will do this since the M&M showroom will be on my way back from the Renault showroom.

I have test driven the XUV earlier it felt good however the constant niggles have stopped me from going ahead and putting my money on it.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:01   #383
BHPian

I plan to do the same, but with Duster and Sunny. My intention is to compare the space and comfort available in the second row. Just that i am waiting for the 85PS Duster.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:09   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani
I plan to do the same, but with Duster and Sunny. My intention is to compare the space and comfort available in the second row. Just that i am waiting for the 85PS Duster.
The Sunny has more space...
Old 11th July 2012, 13:05   #385
BHPian

Any comments on the below ?

Dacia Duster Might Have Handling Issues - autoevolution
& the response ANWB - Auto - Dacia Duster krijgt volgend jaar ESP - You might need to translate this page

The asphalt has to be at the right temp for brakes to work correctly. Good for southern India I guess.

In France(or is it Romania): ESP is seemingly available on the dCi 110 4x4 and 4x2 and was promised to be available on other engines from spring 2011.
In India: ?

Coming from a 2003 Indica - I would'nt mind. Rather would drive the same way as I am now ! Waiting for the weekend (TD)

Last edited by DieselDon : 11th July 2012 at 13:18.
DieselDon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 14:18   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
Guys,

Any source for this? Renault has not announced this, or indicated in any communication there will be a price hike, and neither have any of the dealers I spoke to in Mumbai and Pune.

Marc Nassif clearly says localization is at 60% with 80% expected and the prices will be 'rationalized'.
Old 11th July 2012, 14:23   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Any source for this? Renault has not announced this, or indicated in any communication there will be a price hike, and neither have any of the dealers I spoke to in Mumbai and Pune.

Marc Nassif clearly says localization is at 60% with 80% expected and the prices will be 'rationalized'.
With localisation the prices should come down, if not atleast remain level.
Old 11th July 2012, 14:45   #388
BHPian

Obviously some dealers will be saying this to put pressure to book and create a 'frenzy' but folks should not fall for it. With more localization prices could move lower.

More worrying is the link dieseldan posted. I had seen the videos and the writeups which mentioned the 4x2 without esp was on the verge of toppling and when the tests was done again with Renault engineers it was not replicated.

However of the ANWB site it seems a total of 3 tests were done both times, without and in the presence of Renault engineers and they remain 'concerned' about the 4x2 without ESP. Translation below

"After the third series of alternate tests we have done with the Duster, we can not but conclude that the front-wheel drive without ESP Duster is potentially hazardous. We do not understand why ESP only the most expensive version available. At this time, at least. For Renault let us know that the Duster from March next year in all lilacs available with ESP. And with rollover protection. The latter is a system that intervenes when the vehicle in a curve is likely to fall."

ANWB - Auto - Dacia Duster krijgt volgend jaar ESP
Old 11th July 2012, 15:09   #389
BHPian

Quote:
More worrying is the link dieseldan posted.
It'z DieselDon - I hope no Hydeez sees this.
Quote:
'concerned' about the 4x2 without ESP.
Jokes apart - ESP available elsewhere & not in India is a serious concern to me.
Says a thing or two about the standards between countries.
On a tangential note - only 1 result on Google for the said issue.
I would have ignored it but for the video and authentic ANWB references.

Last edited by DieselDon : 11th July 2012 at 15:18.
Old 11th July 2012, 15:33   #390
AWD
BHPian

Two of my friends who had booked the Duster prior to launch, ~ 25th last month, cancelled their bookings after test driving the vehicle. Both said that its priced by ~1.25L on the higher side & features were a mess up. They also did not like the interior space & some ergonomic nuances.

Earlier(while booking) they had made up their mind to overlook Renault's wafer thin dealership network, unknown after sales & spares situation but as the vehicle did not stack up to their expectations(post launch), the former considerations inflated manifold.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks