Old 30th July 2012, 13:17   #46

re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

Isn't this 5L discount offered by only one dealer in New Delhi? Don't think this is offered elsewhere.
Old 30th July 2012, 13:32   #47

Doesnt look like there is a 5L discount in Mumbai. Called up 2 dealers - both refused.
Old 30th July 2012, 13:59   #48

Remember that its a 'Made in Japan' CBU that's on a clearance sale.
My kinda thing, but it'll depreciate like stink.
What's its USP, btw?
Old 30th July 2012, 14:02   #49

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th July 2012 at 16:32.
carwatcher is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th July 2012, 18:51   #50

Isn't this 5L discount offered by only one dealer in New Delhi? Don't think this is offered elsewhere.

Yep. I called up 5 dealers, no less. No ones offering the 5 L discount. It seems like one dealer offered the discount and Autocar India made a story of it. The car sold on a discount could have been a used dealer car as well, who knows !
The best i have been offered is 3L off on a manual and that too because i know the owner of the dealership. I still don't know if its a slightly used car or if it was manufactured in 2011 or 2012.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 20:16   #51

I checked on this just for fun and its not true. But you can expect one soon. I havent seen one car on the road. The only one was at a show in a mall. Car looks nice, but pitting it against the Accord was not the brightest idea. And worst only petrol.
Old 10th August 2012, 17:22   #52

Visited the Bhopal dealer today. He is offering a max. of INR 1.25 lakhs off. Also, I almost gave him a heart attack when I told him about a certain dealer offering a discount of INR 5 lakhs.
Old 17th September 2012, 12:29   #53

The Suzuki Kizashi a.k.a Maruti Suzuki’s failed attempt to enter the premium car market is down in the dumps. To give it one final push, Maruti Suzuki is offering a whopping 3 lakh rupee discount on the Kizashi to lure the buyers during festive season
Maruti Suzuki wants to test the waters by reducing the price of the Kizashi. The automaker also expressed its intention of making way for a local assembly if the price-reduction tactic works well.

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/09/m...#ixzz26hwvDZYg[/COLOR]
Old 17th September 2012, 12:36   #54

Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The Suzuki Kizashi a.k.a Maruti Suzuki’s failed attempt to enter the premium car market is down in the dumps. To give it one final push, Maruti Suzuki is offering a whopping 3 lakh rupee discount on the Kizashi to lure the buyers during festive season

Maruti Suzuki wants to test the waters by reducing the price of the Kizashi. The automaker also expressed its intention of making way for a local assembly if the price-reduction tactic works well.

That means they are planning to reposition to Jetta/Laura/Corolla/Fluence territory ?
Old 17th September 2012, 12:48   #55

What's the point when there are no advertisements?

They do not allocate any money to publicise Kizashi, because they want all the advertising budget to go to small cars. And then the product becomes a flop because no one will even remember this car. And then MSIL will say that there is no market for such cars, and discontinue it.

At least they can show Kizashi in the background when they advertise Swift/Ritz, or use the word Kizashi in these ads (for example, a caption like 'here comes the all new Ritz from the makers of Kizashi').
Old 17th September 2012, 14:00   #56

The 3 Lakh discount was offered by DD Motors in Delhi even 2 months back. They dont have any Autos. I dont Maruti will ever assemble the car locally and this attempt is to get rid of stock.
Anyways whats the point of locally assembling and selling at 14-15 L since no one buys thirsty petrols anymore. Honda, Toyota, Hyundai are all struggling to sell their Petrols.
Old 17th September 2012, 14:27   #57

Theres nothing noteworthy about the Whopping discount. When cars are overpriced they dont sell and im quite sure the year of manufacture will also be a year or two prior to 2012.
Therefore i feel this particular Kizashi is still over priced. Id buy the car of it were discounted at the depreciated price, i.e. after deducting depreciation for the number of years it has been lying with then. VW had sold their Phaeton and a 25L discount or a Beetle free. It still didnt sell very well.
Old 18th September 2012, 11:59   #58

After the 'Kitna deti hai?' ads, Maruti will find it difficult to sell any car in the premium segments.
Old 20th September 2012, 12:20   #59

I got a text from the Sales Manager at a Gurgaon dealer that 5 lakhs offer is on now. I had considered getting the Kizashi last month when I was in the lookout for a petrol Executive Sedan. I ended up bringing home the Skoda Laura 1.8TSI which was my first choice always. The Kizashi was the second choice then with about 1.4 Lakhs discount. The 5 lakhs offer does make it a mouth watering prospect now!!! The Skoda though feels more premium and has better handling and engine which the Kizashi claims to do well. The only reason why someone should buy the Kizashi now is price, Suzuki reliability, decent handling and a good package. Though the negatives are the naturally aspirated 2.4 liter engine which would give really poor mileage and I would be wary of the service quality from maruti (not sure if there are enough trained service folks).
animeshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 13:01   #60

Originally Posted by animeshb View Post
I got a text from the Sales Manager at a Gurgaon dealer that 5 lakhs offer is on now. I had considered getting the Kizashi last month when I was in the lookout for a petrol Executive Sedan. I ended up bringing home the Skoda Laura 1.8TSI which was my first choice always. The Kizashi was the second choice then with about 1.4 Lakhs discount. The 5 lakhs offer does make it a mouth watering prospect now!!! The Skoda though feels more premium and has better handling and engine which the Kizashi claims to do well. The only reason why someone should buy the Kizashi now is price, Suzuki reliability, decent handling and a good package. Though the negatives are the naturally aspirated 2.4 liter engine which would give really poor mileage and I would be wary of the service quality from maruti (not sure if there are enough trained service folks).
Before booking my TSI, I had got in touch with a couple of Maruti dealers in Mumbai, the best discount that I was quoted was ~ 1.75 lakhs. The dealer said that the stock is cleared and no 3-5 lakhs discount. However, he offered me 14 lakhs for a test drive car run for 3800 kms. I decided agianst it. Now even if there is a 5 lakh discount running, Kizashi will still cost ~ 16.32 OTR Mumbai for the MT and 17.60 for CVT, you can get RS for that much money considering the HUGE discounts going on and TSI ambiente is just a steal given its post discount price in comparison.