Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2012, 09:24   #181
BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Honda City was chosen for its smoother engine and better ***. Vento petrol also does not have the resale value Honda City has.
Old 30th October 2012, 11:59   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
It was in mysore. The kids doing the service wanted to play and ended up with this.
The worst thing was they took an extra day siting more work left on the car and have worked the night out on the front and got it ready.
They have returned the car like a very normal service. When my friend started to drive back he has noticed that the car wasn't the same. Lack of power, vehicle pulling towards right etc. He got a doubt and started investigating initially they denied it totally.
He has literally investigated like FBI to find this proof.
Even after this proof they showed the service voucher with the clause "We are not responsible for any damage to the car while servicing"
Well it required an hell of an effort to get a new car that to paying approx 2 lakh extra.
I asked him not to pay a single pie but the dealer was ready for court battle and my friend was not.
Seriously, this almost sounds like a joke to me. Well I wouldn't blame your friend for not going to court but would expect that this incident should get as much publicized as possible. I am yet to come up with a positive story about VW dealers. Maybe only the negative ones gets reported more but the kind of stories getting reported about VW are just outrageous.
Old 30th October 2012, 12:19   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Seriously, this almost sounds like a joke to me. Well I wouldn't blame your friend for not going to court but would expect that this incident should get as much publicized as possible. I am yet to come up with a positive story about VW dealers. Maybe only the negative ones gets reported more but the kind of stories getting reported about VW are just outrageous.
I agree, it definitely needs more exposure in the form of a dedicated thread. The thing with VW dealers is, its either a hit or miss, mostly a miss. A few times the experience is 'ok', but more often than not it leaves a lot to be desired. I rank my experience with Skoda (bigger demon) much higher.
Old 30th October 2012, 12:26   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I agree, it definitely needs more exposure in the form of a dedicated thread. The thing with VW dealers is, its either a hit or miss, mostly a miss. A few times the experience is 'ok', but more often than not it leaves a lot to be desired. I rank my experience with Skoda (bigger demon) much higher.
How true, there are so many posts on the Facebook with horror stories of Skoda and VW. I definitely believe there are customers who get very good service and the others dont. But the cause for concern is the no of owners simply not happy is higher to ignore it.

Hope VW and Skoda get their acts together in keeping a tight check on the dealers for any kind of activities that ruin the ownership.
Old 30th October 2012, 12:35   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It was in mysore. The kids doing the service wanted to play and ended up with this.
The worst thing was they took an extra day siting more work left on the car and have worked the night out on the front and got it ready.
They have returned the car like a very normal service. When my friend started to drive back he has noticed that the car wasn't the same. Lack of power, vehicle pulling towards right etc. He got a doubt and started investigating initially they denied it totally.
Even after this proof they showed the service voucher with the clause "We are not responsible for any damage to the car while servicing"
Well it required an hell of an effort to get a new car that to paying approx 2 lakh extra.
I asked him not to pay a single pie but the dealer was ready for court battle and my friend was not.
Horrible to hear about this.

Please don't let this be swept under the rug. I'd request you to open a new thread, even it contains only one single post with one image. A few posts on this thread might get lost with time, but a thread won't. Of course there is no immediate benefit, but a record will be maintained.
Old 6th November 2012, 12:43   #186
Senior - BHPian

VW is testing CNG Vento (at least this is what Motorbash think so ) in Pune in their scoop:

http://motorbash.com/mb-xclusive-vol...hould-be-soon/

The car, though marked TDi & bearing a Red number-plate, has few wires & pipe running from boot to roof. I believe they are correct in their belief that it is the CNG Vento.
Old 7th November 2012, 18:07   #187
BHPian

Volkswagen has got the Hyundai old hand into their management team now (Arvind Saxena now oversees Sales & Service for VW). With a hypothesis that HQ gives him a free hand, and also sees beyond China for growth, I feel its now a matter of time when things turn around for VW (i read somewhere that Downtown Bangalore is already closing down - the epicenter of *** issues in this city).
I quote his interview with Livemint today -
“The point is if your volume grows from here and if you are fundamentally not organized to handle such a business, it will be disaster because customers may come and you may not be able to service those customers”
Of course, this was inevitable, considering the fact that their sales dipped 20% !
Old 9th November 2012, 14:32   #188
BHPian

I will write a detailed thread on this incident. There are still few formalities to be completed by the showroom for the old car. Once that's complete will put it up.
Old 15th November 2012, 15:36   #189
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Polo GTD coming soon.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/323...l-by-2013.aspx

Also, the Cross Polo is only expected in December 2013 according to Autocar.
Old 15th November 2012, 16:36   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Polo GTD coming soon.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/323...l-by-2013.aspx

Also, the Cross Polo is only expected in December 2013 according to Autocar.
Autocar seem very confident that the GTD's going to come here. I can't fathom how VW will price it. If it will be significantly more expensive than the 1.2 (D) Highline, it could cost around 10 lakh OTR!
Old 15th November 2012, 17:49   #191
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Autocar seem very confident that the GTD's going to come here. I can't fathom how VW will price it. If it will be significantly more expensive than the 1.2 (D) Highline, it could cost around 10 lakh OTR!
What is the OTR for the 1.2tdi Highline at present, heard dealers are giving discounts?
Does anyone remember what the price difference was between the 1.2 petrol Highline & the 1.6 petrol when it was launched, expect a similar price difference with the GTD as well. Although it does seem 10 lakh OTR would be the case in some states like Karnataka which has high taxes!
Old 27th November 2012, 12:42   #192
BHPian

VW Polo Refresh model delivery issues

Has anyone (who's booked a Polo recently, obviously) got a call from their VW dealer saying that no new Refresh models of the car are being shipped from the factory?

I've been told that I will either have to wait till Jan/Feb next year or choose the Polo SR edition (30K extra and no freebies) as the factory is shipping only these cars to its dealers till the end of the year.

Which sounds ridiculous to me. Why would VW ship only special edition cars to its dealers?
Old 27th November 2012, 12:50   #193
BHPian

Re: VW Polo Refresh model delivery issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider77 View Post
Has anyone (who's booked a Polo recently, obviously) got a call from their VW dealer saying that no new Refresh models of the car are being shipped from the factory?
A friend went in to book one about a week ago and was told something similar. All it took was a good one hour lecture to steer him clear away from the 3-pot misery.

Of lately, VW India dealers seem to have raised their attitude bars.
Old 27th November 2012, 13:18   #194
BHPian

Re: VW Polo Refresh model delivery issues

I have seen a couple of refreshed Polos on the roads.If VW isn't producing them then how did these people get their cars??Seems to be a dealer problem.
Slightly OT:But is there any issue with Vento deliveries too??My SA at Abra Motors didn't indicate any!!

PS:Is this the right section for this thread??
Old 27th November 2012, 15:15   #195
BHPian

Quote:
He got a doubt and started investigating initially they denied it totally.
The line "literally investigated like FBI" makes me think of breaking into the protected Computers of the Dealer Admin office and snooping for the copy of this Polo performing Yoga. My sincere apology to your friend (owner).
Please share how he find a photograph of an incident that didn't happen to their knowledge nor dealer accepted about it? Man, thats really a big journey from not-so-well behaving car after service to the photo proof? Nearly impossible.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks