Team-BHP - VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/126019-vw-unwraps-updated-polo-vento-launched-rs-6-94-lakhs-rs-9-89-lakhs-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSpoke (Post 2974025)
The line "literally investigated like FBI" makes me think of breaking into the protected Computers of the Dealer Admin office and snooping for the copy of this Polo performing Yoga. My sincere apology to your friend (owner).
Please share how he find a photograph of an incident that didn't happen to their knowledge nor dealer accepted about it? Man, thats really a big journey from not-so-well behaving car after service to the photo proof? Nearly impossible.

It required multiple visits to the area near the service center and asking in and around that crash site if any such incident happened.
After seeing his plight one of them gave the photos on condition on anonymity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINI (Post 2973889)
I have seen a couple of refreshed Polos on the roads.If VW isn't producing them then how did these people get their cars??Seems to be a dealer problem.

Delaer seems to be misleading you.

I got my refreshed Polo delivered about 2months back, was from the initial September production batch, the factory production of these don't seem to be much, My dealer told me that they had stopped taking bookings for the same. There aren't many on road as well. Despite the fact it's better value for many than previous model.

VW clearly has inventory management issues, it's not like they are selling like Swift. But this is not new, Polo has seen 5-6months waiting period when it was first launched as well.

Apart from a few cosmetic changes,the refreshed Polo is largely similar to the pre-facelifted model.So why the sudden shortage??And what happened to the Polo SR??Haven't seen a single one on the streets??Does anybody know which variant VW is selling now??The SR edition or the normal facelifted one??My friend would like to buy one.

Is it just me or VW is actually struggling to sell the Vento and the Polo these days? I see a lot of ads in the newspapers and magazines talking about zero percent loan and other such schemes. Are they trying to get out of the "premium" cars space that they'd cornered themselves into ?

I am guessing many dealers still have pre facelift stocks to sell.

In my case I was promised instant delivery of pre facelift polo. Offered heavy discounts of about 60k on the diesel pre facelift.
The SA was trying to push it as hard as he could, warned me that the newer ones may take about 2 months and we may not get any discounts and there maybe a price increase by New year.

I declined and then subsequently changed my plans. Even for the Vento was offered instant delivery of bridge models while I had to wait for close to a month for the face lifted version.

I got my 2012 refresh - Polo comfortline delivered on 19th from Volkswagen whitefield. The onroad price on the papers is 8.17 lacs....But with all the discounts and year end offers i got it for 7.36 lacs onroad

20K cash discount
20 K exchange bonus
Free insurance
8K corporate discount

The sales rep that i dealt with was very helpful in giving me the correct details and even the delivery was hassle free, and he had taken care of everything for me...what ever promised was delivered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalsaCorp (Post 2999613)
I got my 2012 refresh - Polo comfortline delivered on 19th from Volkswagen whitefield. The onroad price on the papers is 8.17 lacs....But with all the discounts and year end offers i got it for 7.36 lacs onroad

20K cash discount
20 K exchange bonus
Free insurance
8K corporate discount.

Congrats! You seem to have to got a pretty decent deal, and good to know you got the refreshed version delivered in time.
Could you lease elaborate on the 7.36OTR break-up?

Extended warranty, amc, basic freebies included etc.?

Will be officially joining the gang today !

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselDon (Post 2999747)
Finally booked a Terra Beige Vento 1.6 TDI Highline. (and about to take delivery)

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Vento
Variant : Highline MT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 07 Dec 2012 (was a moving target)
Colour : Terra Beige
Delivery Date : 26-Dec-2012 (yes, today ! - will be taking delivery shortly. VIN -WVWL12605DT027003 - manufactured 19-Nov-2012)
Dealer & City : PPS Motors, Hyderabad

Quote Particulars :-
Ex-Showroom : Rs 9,99,072
Less: Discount : Rs 27000 (am not good at bargaining I guess)
Special Ex-Showroom : Rs 9,72,072
Incidental Charges : Rs 14,950
Extended Warranty : Rs 11,634
Freebies (or/err.. was told so) : Bluetooth enabled Garmin Nuvi GPS 2565LM with Reverse Camera(wireless)
Accessories : Rs 9,101 (Door step, Mud Flaps, Rear Spoiler, Puncture Kit). Probably will pay for Car cover as well.

Overall, am very happy , as the dealer accepted to all terms and conditions of my company's corporate lease formalities !

Others : Planning for Kagu 3D Maxpider Floor Mats & Towel material seat covers from outside. Please PM me for (and provide me) advice !

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianGuardian (Post 2947494)
I just read up on a new Honda City variant namely the 1.5V AVN Sunroof which has in addition to the 1.5V, an all touch screen navigation+bluetooth+CD/DVD player (in-built into the dashboard unlike the Vento), Leather Upholstery, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Leather Gear Shift Knob and the Sunroof.

With the added features and the pricing, it looks like an extremely attractive proposition.

Yes, but the In-dash system does not have the integrated rear view camera which is a big miss from Honda. Whereas in Vento, the rear view camera is also integrated with the navigator.

Hmmm. I need to persevere harder on my quest to see if there are any 1.6s left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voyager-1 (Post 3003185)
Yes, but the In-dash system does not have the integrated rear view camera which is a big miss from Honda. Whereas in Vento, the rear view camera is also integrated with the navigator.

May be its just me, but i prefer the radar (visual like the Audi A4 & Skodas) over the rear view camera. To me radar sensor truly reveals what the cameras cant see. Before I am flamed - This is my personal taste and opinion. :)

Thanks,

Azeem

ΔΔ
Have used both a radar of Skoda quality in the Laura and inferior quality in the Hyundai I10 and Safari mirror as well as an excellent camera in the Aria but always miss the other option when using one. Best solution is to have sensors as well as camera.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianGuardian (Post 2947494)
I just read up on a new Honda City variant namely the 1.5V AVN Sunroof which has in addition to the 1.5V, an all touch screen navigation+bluetooth+CD/DVD player (in-built into the dashboard unlike the Vento), Leather Upholstery, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Leather Gear Shift Knob and the Sunroof.

With the added features and the pricing, it looks like an extremely attractive proposition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voyager-1 (Post 3003185)

I had visited the dealer to check out the Honda City. The camera integration in the AVN system is now provided by the dealer. In the showroom car, I saw the camera display in the in-dash AVN screen.

Is there a new Polo variant? Saw a Polo with rear wash wipe, body coloured door handles and mirrors, fog lamps and wheel covers! Thought it was a high line without alloys stupid:stupid: at first but on looking inside I noticed it didn't have airbags. (It was a 2012 refresh)

Quote:

Originally Posted by promit (Post 3016330)
Is there a new Polo variant? Saw a Polo with rear wash wipe, body coloured door handles and mirrors, fog lamps and wheel covers! Thought it was a high line without alloys stupid:stupid: at first but on looking inside I noticed it didn't have airbags. (It was a 2012 refresh)

It is the refreshed Comfortline variant. It has better features now.

February onwards, you guys will see Shadow blue color in Polo and Pepper color in Vento.
Bluetooth integration will also be implemented from February.