Team-BHP - VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/126019-vw-unwraps-updated-polo-vento-launched-rs-6-94-lakhs-rs-9-89-lakhs-9.html)

Just learnt here about the Polo 1.6. Maybe those of us that have one can look forward to them being collectors' items!

Pune dealer is offering Vento Highline Diesel at ~11.45L OTR + Corp discount. GPS/Rear view camera optional at Rs 28K extra. No insurance or 5.99 finance scheme on new model.

They have reduced the base price but removed the insurance free offer thus keeping the OTR at near about same level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 2901439)
People quoting dealer prices - please give more details if you have it - this will help all.
  • Ex-showroom price value
  • OTR value (with discounts clarity)
  • Ex/OTR prices before the "upgraded" vento was announced

Here are the prices in Bangalore (should be good for all Karnataka)

I do not know the discount for Trendline. For Comfortline, Highline dealers were offering free insurance.

For the refreshed vento, bluetooth kit and the reverse camera are optional. Thus one can choose not to buy those.

When I spoke to the Sales representative he said no free insurance for the refreshed model.

Sorry, I do not know about polo prices as I haven't negotiated with dealers.

Regards
Sreekanth

Quote:

Originally Posted by akula.sreekanth (Post 2901587)

Thanks Sreekanth but there is a mistake in your excel sheet.

The new Vento diesel highline is 10.07L ex-showroom. This means it's in higher road tax bracket of 19%.

If the dealer is giving you a 26,000 discount on ex-showroom and thereby your invoice shows 9.81lakhs, the road tax should drop by almost 5% to 14% reducing the on road cost of the highline by almost 50K. Please check this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akula.sreekanth (Post 2901587)

Just got the prices from my SA for new Vento Highline
Mumbai prices:-
Old price 12.21L
New price 12.14L (with navigation/bluetooth/reverse camera)
New price 11.86L (without navigation/bluetooth/reverse camera)
Highline Bridge price 11.52L

So thats a diff of about 34K in bridge mode and new highline.And for this I get steering mounted controls + leatherette seats. not bad.
But delivery is expected to be in mid Oct

But for you sreekanth the diff between bridge and new Highline would be 58K (12.59-12.01) in bangalore.

By the ways now there is another issue

I have three options:
A. Go for the garmin unit (28K)
B. Get a smartphone like Samsung Galaxy Note II and get navigation app. (40K minus 28K)
C. Get a In dash unit with navigation. (40K minus 28K)

Now with option A (garmin) :-
Pros:-
1.Greater accuracy.
2. Lifetime map upgrades.
Cons-
I foresee that the most use of this unit would be mainly for reverse camera and occasional hands free bluetooth. Navigation use would be once in a while. Battery life of around 2-2.5 hrs is quite low (but then you also have a car charger!). Charging would be frequently required. In normal daily use, I would have to physically switch on the unit whenever I want to use the reverse camera or use bluetooth. In contrast an in dash navigation unit would be more convenient as would be always on (for music, bluetooth etc.)

But another point is that I would have to look down at the navigation unit every time I want to see the map. This is not the case with a smartphone or garmin unit mounted on the windshield. Visibility of map while driving is much better in the latter case.

The question now is:-
Is it better to save the 28K and buy Galaxy Note II instead (and spend another 2K for an app like MMI or other navigation app with maps)
Or spend the 28K and buy the bundled garmin unit?
Or save 28K and buy an in-dash navigation unit like Caska or Kenwood later - extra 12K cost(total cost around 40K)?

^^ Save 28k and buy the gorgeous Note II. Use Google maps! Navigation is enabled for India and it works quite well. Even 3G is so cheap now in India - for 300 odd rupees you get 1GB data.

surd_biker, did you check mapmyindia devices? Here is one model : http://www.mapmyindia.com/store/zx250-buy-and-review

Last I had lodged a complaint that against their quote of 9.89, the dealer was quoting 10.21 for Vento Highline Diesel as the ex-showroom price for Chandigarh.

Just called 18002090909 - VW customer care. Now they say that they don't have Chandigarh prices (I think probably because Chandigarh falls in North America). But anyway, they quoted New Delhi price of 9.89 and said that mobility max is back where finance @ 5.99% or free insurance. **Yawn**

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 2902880)

The new Vento diesel highline is 10.07L ex-showroom. This means it's in higher road tax bracket of 19%.

If the dealer is giving you a 26,000 discount on ex-showroom and thereby your invoice shows 9.81lakhs, the road tax should drop by almost 5% to 14% reducing the on road cost of the highline by almost 50K. Please check this.

Is this true that road tax is applied on the invoice bill and not on ex-showroom price? I heard other way around.

For eg in blore road tax for vehicles above 10 lk is different. So if i speak to dealer and ask him to reduce the invoice price to Rs 9,99,999 then will it fall in lower tax bracket?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prakasse (Post 2903739)
Is this true that road tax is applied on the invoice bill and not on ex-showroom price? I heard other way around.

For eg in blore road tax for vehicles above 10 lk is different. So if i speak to dealer and ask him to reduce the invoice price to Rs 9,99,999 then will it fall in lower tax bracket?

road tax is on ex-showroom price. It is not allowed by the RTO to give any rebates/discounts on this price and subsequently lower taxes. Otherwise people will just work out with dealers to give discounts to bring invoice value below 10L and pay the difference separately to lower the road tax!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 2902880)

Sorry, mybad.

You are right. I made a mistake in the calculations. Here is the updated table. I was working on this late in the night. :)

Regards
Sreekanth

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslicx (Post 2903866)
road tax is on ex-showroom price. It is not allowed by the RTO to give any rebates/discounts on this price and subsequently lower taxes. Otherwise people will just work out with dealers to give discounts to bring invoice value below 10L and pay the difference separately to lower the road tax!!!

I heard two versions on this from 2 dealers

Dealer 1

The discount is applied on the on-road price. So even though the dealer was giving 26,000 discount and another 15,000 cash discount in lieu of free insurance (I tried to work this out on the old highline whose ex-show room was 10,38,307) my overall price was still around 12,97,000-41,000 = 12,56,000

Dealer 2

I told him the car purchase is through corporate car scheme. Company is purchasing on behalf of the user but the EMIs will be deducted via salary. So the dealer told me that he would be able to give the discount on the ex-show room thus bringing below 10L and overall price was working out to 12,15,000

So for me I compared this with just taking 26,000 discount on OTR and free insurance on the old highline.

Old Highline with 26K discount and free insurance = 12,33,000
with discounts on ex-show room of 26K and 15K = 12,15,000

So I chose the later option obviously.

Honestly I don't know which one is true.

Dealer 1 told that there is a case in K'taka high court against RTO for this precise thing and it has been running for 6 years now. they are having to give discounts on OTR and not on ex-showroom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by surd_biker (Post 2903452)
But for you sreekanth the diff between bridge and new Highline would be 58K (12.59-12.01) in bangalore.

But with the bridge model I'm getting 26,000 discount on ex-show room and free insurance. My landed cost is 11,33,000. I would be getting the delivery on tuesday.

compared to the new highline without bluetooth and reverse camera is costing around 11,96,000. Which is still 63K higher. I'm willing to forego leatherette seat covers and steering controls for 63K. :)

I can get a good navigation device from mapmyindia. Priciest of the devices from mapmyindia is 16K. and I prefer bluetooth headset compared to an in-car bluetooth. Steering mounted controls, well!! I'm neutral. I'm not that much of a music aficionado. so let the passengers tune what they want.

Regards
Sreekanth

* UPDATE *
Just had a look at the new model of Vento. The alloy wheels do not seem that bad as others have pointed out. In fact IMO they looked equally good.
The Navigation unit is indeed a Garmin 2565LM unit. I observed this by flipping out the unit from the windshield mount. The reverse cam display activates automatically when you slot into reverse gear. Touch screen was quite responsive. GPS lock was also fast.
Sad part is dealer is offering no discounts on the new model (12.14 OTR with navigation kit) and also quoting waiting period upto 1st week of Nov.

Had been to the VW dealer a few days back - wanted to share some snaps of the old and new Polo and Vento. Enjoy! :D

A very impressive move by VW. The commitment towards the Indian market is very well seen in the updates they have made to their bread and butter models, the Polo and Vento. Noteworthy is the different alloys for the Polo and Vento now, as another tiny distinguishing factor (the Polo's alloys are now excellent, but Vento's alloys look a tad too much like an aftermarket alloy). Would have loved to see the black headlamps being offered only on the Polo to send out the message that the Polo is sporty and that the Vento stands for luxury! Good move nevertheless, and now choosing the Rapid over the Vento would not be as easy as it used to be! :thumbs up