Team-BHP - VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/126019-vw-unwraps-updated-polo-vento-launched-rs-6-94-lakhs-rs-9-89-lakhs-15.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky (Post 3017554)
February onwards, you guys will see Shadow blue color in Polo and Pepper color in Vento.
Bluetooth integration will also be implemented from February.

Thanks! What's the pepper color? Is it something like the Platinum Grey on the Jetta?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3017591)
Thanks! What's the pepper color? Is it something like the Platinum Grey on the Jetta?

Pepper grey is already available on current polo. You can see the same on the website!

I hope they also think of deep maroon for vento :)

Quote:

The pepper color is the grey color as on the Polo.

Quote:

Sorry for mistake, it's Pepper Grey color.

Hey Nicky, how are you doing? I have always wished for this shade in the Vento, while at it, you can suggest the maroon also from the superb :)

Take care my friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky (Post 3017756)

Sorry for mistake, it's Pepper Grey color.

The prices for Polo and Vento have been increased.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...creased/15475/

Quote:

Volkswagen has joined the bandwagon of auto-makers hiking vehicle prices this January. Prices of the Volkswagen Polo small car and the Vento sedan have been hiked by up to 2.27 per cent effective today. However, both models now sport additional features such as an advanced 2-DIN RCD 320 music system with Bluetooth, USB, Aux in and SD card reader and climatronic air conditioner.

Commenting on the increase in prices on the Polo and the Vento, Arvind Saxena, Managing Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, said, “Our aim has always been to give our customers a good value proposition and once again we are glad to be able to offer a good reason for them to buy these carlines.”

Quote:

Originally Posted by bala80 (Post 3018595)
Hey Nicky, how are you doing? I have always wished for this shade in the Vento, while at it, you can suggest the maroon also from the superb :)

Take care my friend.

Good to hear that your wish ultimately came into existence.
Maroon color might get green light in 2014 when product is due for complete overhaul.
Hope you are doing good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky (Post 3027586)

Good to hear that your wish ultimately came into existence.
Maroon color might get green light in 2014 when product is due for complete overhaul.
Hope you are doing good.

Curious to ask. Nicky- are u associated with VW?

VW is planning a sub 4 metre Vento. None of the designs have been approved so far. Its still a long time away!

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/335...tre-vento.aspx

Source: Hormazd Sorabjee, Autocar Show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 3059706)
VW is planning a sub 4 metre Vento. None of the designs have been approved so far.

:Shockked: But why? If they are planning to launch cheaper variant by saving excise, than Which engine they will plonk in the sub 4 meter Vento? I can't imagine how the sub 4 meter sedan by VW will look because hatchback Polo is already 4 meter (approx) long in length.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbppjpr (Post 3059718)
:Shockked: But why? If they are planning to launch cheaper variant by saving excise, than Which engine they will plonk in the sub 4 meter Vento?..

Mostly the 1.5L TDi & 1.2L TSi from the Polo that would be launched long before this sub 4m long model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3059745)
Mostly the 1.5L TDi & 1.2L TSi from the Polo that would be launched long before this sub 4m long model.

Where are these engines? So far none of VW car has any of the engine. All are rumors running around. Especially VW doesn't have any 1.5 ltr diesel engine in any country. Its hard to believe that they are developing 1.5 litter engine for a market where they are merely selling 5K units per month, unless they really bring such engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbppjpr (Post 3059750)
Where are these engines? So far none of VW car has any of the engine. All are rumors running around. Especially VW doesn't have any 1.5 ltr diesel engine in any country. Its hard to believe that they are developing 1.5 litter engine for a market where they are merely selling 5K units per month, unless they really bring such engine.

The 1.5L TDi will be derived from the 1.6L TDi doing duty in the Vento. We should see this soon in the Polo (as per rumors) along with the 1.2L TSi. The sub 4m Vento is slated for launch after 2014, so there is enough time to test these engines in the Polo (I believe we will see the Polo sporting these 2 engines by Diwali at the max).

Sub 4m Vento? How? Are they going to shorten the bonnet? The Polo is 3970 mm long, so I guess they wont just stick a 30 mm long boot on it. Or will they? :)

Its not impossible to get a CS out of Polo since it has a respectable boot length. The C pillar in CS version can be pushed further ahead to get a boot out of the car. The biggest compromise after this exercise would be the rear headroom though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3059755)
The 1.5L TDi will be derived from the 1.6L TDi doing duty in the Vento. We should see this soon in the Polo (as per rumors) along with the 1.2L TSi. The sub 4m Vento is slated for launch after 2014, so there is enough time to test these engines in the Polo (I believe we will see the Polo sporting these 2 engines by Diwali at the max).

1.2 TSi is definitely going to carry a price premium on the engine, which could be more than the savings they would get with lower excise duty. If there is no price advantage, an ugly CS version is unlikely to attract any buyers.

If 1.5 TDi is a new engine, it would be interesting to see how they price it without passing on the development costs to the customers. Without this, they can never get anywhere near the DZire/Amaze pricing.