Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2012, 23:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to Ford! What was already a vfm car is now more vfm. Will certainly heat up the competition in the segment.

I didn't quite like the yellow colour somehow,interiors are a refreshing change though with new blue. Is the engine stall issue fully sorted out ? Also the refinement on the inside was perfectly ok,it was from the outside I found it too loud wish ford had fixed that.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 15th October 2012 at 23:07.
Old 15th October 2012, 23:21   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Figo Facelift Launched @ 3.85 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Good to see a update on the Figo, though i am not excited about any of the changes.

Figo in Yellow/Blue color with 1.6 Petrol engine & 15" rims from Fiesta S would just the right hot hatch we have been waiting for years. Slightly stiffer suspension would be Icing on the cake. @Ford: Is this asking too much? Give us a car we would like to remember even decades later, just like the Fiat Palio 1.6 we swear by.
The only thing that could top that would be killer VFM like pricing for the 1.6 as well!

Even the EcoBoost engine would do nicely!

An inherit problem with the Figo is the wafer-thin front bumper. So much as a nudge would run big bills at the service-station. Radiator going for a toss, et al. Is there any way the bumper could be beefed up without flouting the 4000 mm rule? I'm sure they can. They have 200 mm to play with!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th October 2012 at 23:24.
Old 15th October 2012, 23:36   #48
BHPian

Decent job by ford .The new figo looks good in yellow. love the alloy design and best of all ford has just increased the price by few thousands rupees which is great!
but i absolutely hate the blue interior combination. I guess this i gonna putoff many prospective customers.If this blue plastics are same on the new fiesta then trust me, it certainly gives the interior a down market look!! I showed some people this thread, they were all praise for the new colour,alloys but gave a big thumbs down for the interior,they were expecting beige interiors which by now every manufacture offers but not ford!

I hope ford gives a bigger refresh sooner than later in terms of engine upgrade(petrol!!) and better interior colour schemes or risk being left out by other manufactures who give modern and well loaded cars.
Old 15th October 2012, 23:58   #49
BHPian

Improved engine calibration for better acceleration.

So does that mean horses increased? Any idea what exactly is done? I hope that can be done on my Fiesta Classic TDCi as well Keeping my fingers crossed
Old 16th October 2012, 00:48   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I remember reading from an interview with FORD India. "We loved the Fiesta 1.6 S and but no one bought it".
Want a performance car to set sales charts on fire? Give us a powerful Diesel, instead of that 1.6 Petrol.

My 140hp Diesel is as efficient as my 75hp Diesel, i wouldn't care if it delivered 2-3kpl less.
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 01:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

Any changes on the ground clearance? It has been one of the most annoying thing with the Figo, IMHO. And all those humps on our roads doesn't make it any easy either.

The alloy wheels look very nice indeed. Kudos to Ford for that.

BTW, I have a question. All the update seem to cosmetic. Do these warrant the amount of testing that Ford has spent? I mean IIRC, the first scoops was like 3-4 months ago
Old 16th October 2012, 01:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Personally, the only good thing from this effort is the new blue colour. I wouldn't be sure but is this the same colour that used to come on the Fiesta 1.6S?
Its just same as the New Global Fiesta 1.5, launched in India few months back.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 02:11   #53
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2012 at 12:50.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th October 2012, 03:43   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
While the changes make the car look more trendy and appealing, they are quite subtle... but crucially they have failed to address some of the biggest complaints, which in my view are

Low FE on the petrol
Tacky interior bits
lack of outright power on the diesel vis-a-vis the competition
EPS
EPS in a Figo? I guess sheer driving pleasure and road feedback is due to HPS. Do we really need EPS in Figo. Being figo owner My major complaint are

lack of rear power window
Low GC
Bad, really bad headlight
No beige interior

Only headlight is improved I suppose. Wish they had introduced new Fiesta Hatch, it would have been a hot hatch for sure especially yellow coloured one.

Updated from team-bhp mobile app
Old 16th October 2012, 08:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

That's a nice shade of yellow. And the car is looking nice is all those pictures. But head on, I think the old Figo still score on looks over this one. Improved engine calibration and no beige is most welcome.

Hope the introduction of the 'Double bulb weather strips' will soften the very unpleasant clunk while closing the doors. I hate that sound from the Figo.

Wish Ford had changed the tailgate and improved the instrument cluster with more detail and a better layout. That tailgate makes the car look old.
Old 16th October 2012, 08:40   #56
BHPian

is it me or the new Head lights seems a copy from the NextGen i10 ??

New Figo:
Ford Figo Facelift Launched @ 3.85 Lacs-figo-headlights.jpg

NextGen i10:
Ford Figo Facelift Launched @ 3.85 Lacs-largeheadlight.jpg

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 16th October 2012 at 08:41.
dar3dev|l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 09:08   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Any changes on the ground clearance? It has been one of the most annoying thing with the Figo, IMHO. And all those humps on our roads doesn't make it any easy either.

The alloy wheels look very nice indeed. Kudos to Ford for that.

BTW, I have a question. All the update seem to cosmetic. Do these warrant the amount of testing that Ford has spent? I mean IIRC, the first scoops was like 3-4 months ago
GC is still 168 and thats not an easy change.

Only change that needs testing is the "improved engine calibration for better acceleration". Testing this in actual road conditions is the only way to ensure the gains are percievable and not just in paper. But then, this could have easily been tested by making the ECU change in an existing Figo without any camouflage. So its clear they wanted some publicity as well before the launch.
Old 16th October 2012, 09:21   #58
SDP
Team-BHP Support

The Figo does look smashing in that shade of yellow. A few cosmetic mods and it would definitely be a head turner on the roads.

New Figo @3.85L, before the facelift, any idea what was the exact same model going for? Just trying to figure out if there is a price change.
Old 16th October 2012, 09:35   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The Figo does look smashing in that shade of yellow.
I agree. But not only Figo, but any low-slung hatch car will look smashing in this colour, IMO - be it Alto, ASatr, Swift, i20 or Polo. Remember the old Zen in yellow?
Old 16th October 2012, 09:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post

is it me or the new Head lights seems a copy from the NextGen i10 ??
+1 bro.

FIGO FACELIFT...REALLY ??

IMO Ford have either missed/ignored its customers totally with this F/L.

If I have not mistaken, Figo's 2 major concerns were :

1. No Rear power windows - "Safety option from Ford"...

2. Pathetic GC - Even with 3 on board and loaded boot

I don't remember anybody asking for Volume controls beside the steering or change in Fabric colour.

To top all this, they Copy the "Fluidic Design" from Hyundai and change the good looking Grille on the previous Figo ??

Did Ford recruit designers from Maruti ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

I agree. But not only Figo, but any low-slung hatch car will look smashing in this colour
Couldn't agree more with you romeomidhun. That bright yellow makes the now "Outdated" Palio, Zen & VRS look just gorgeous.

Yes, I will give it to Ford for giving 2 new colors to the world. Yellow and Blue.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 16th October 2012 at 09:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks