Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2013, 18:07   #121
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo Facelift Launched @ 3.85 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
One of my cousins works for Ford here in Chennai and he was the one who stated that they have raised the GC by 10mm. Currently he is in the parts sourcing for the Ecosport.
Hi Swami,

Thats some ray of hope for me. Please can you get some details about this from your cousin as I am very much looking forward to increase my Figo's GC by 10mm & I am sure many Figo owners on TBHP would also be interested.
Old 4th March 2013, 18:21   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
But I find it strange when people buy in december and get it registered in January. If i were to buy a used car, i wont give a damn if the seller says i registered in January !! What matters is the VIN translating to next year and not year of registration .. popular misconception

I guess if someone intends to keep a car for really long( in our case, 5+ years sound long) it doesnt really matter when you buy the car. better to get a good deal now than thinking of how to make a profit out of the car(we never will !!)
The reason people register it in January is there is only a small percentage of people who can a) decode the vin b) even know the difference c) ask.

The RC books says Jan so it must be that year.

Plus from a psychological point of view it is new for a whole year as opposed to a few days or weeks at most in December.
Old 25th May 2013, 16:13   #123
BHPian

I am in the verge of booking the ford figo EXI solid colour white.
This was the price list given by the sales guy. There are a lot of extra charges I fail to understand.
Can some previous owner help me with description and what can be avoided or negotiated.
How much will I need to pay for 0 depreciation comprehensive insurance for this 5.35 lakh car. They say it will cost me 23k. Which insurance is the best to go for with ford?
Too much confusion very little time.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PRICELIST W.E.F.01.05.13.pdf (63.2 KB, 864 views)
Old 25th May 2013, 19:40   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
This was the price list given by the sales guy. There are a lot of extra charges I fail to understand.
Can some previous owner help me with description and what can be avoided or negotiated.
How much will I need to pay for 0 depreciation comprehensive insurance for this 5.35 lakh car. They say it will cost me 23k. Which insurance is the best to go for with ford?
Hi, the sheet clearly says that insurance would be 17k. How come you are being told 23k? i have the EXI 1.4 as well. My insurance came to about 17k approx. Mine is from Tata AIG (Ford has tie up with them) and i am quite happy with it, even though it is pricier than others. Claims are approved swiftly and it is cashless.

As for EW(extended warranty, 3rd year) and RSA(road side assisstance), that is your call. In my case I went for EW.

I am not sure what Standard Fitments is?! Get this clarified and probably try and get it for free. Other stuff you should ask for free is Rubber floor mats, Car cover and any other goodies you can get. Try for Fog lamps as well.

Ask for corporate discount once you have settled everything (free goodies), if you are not getting it already.
Old 27th May 2013, 14:29   #125
BHPian

The quote is a rip-off!!

Ford is giving free insurance with the Figo. I purchased a Titanium TDCi in November and the invoice value on the free insurance was 11.8K. So anything above that is dealer margin. Shop for insurance outside if required. They'll have a cashless tie-up even if shopped outside.

Also, in the breakup of road-tax; there would be handling charges of about 6K. These are illegal (in Delhi at least) as per High Court, Delhi. Get the car registered yourself if required. It took me 2 hrs on a Saturday and saved 6K.

Standard accessories for 2K again should be negotiated. Plus some free accessories like RPS etc.

Figo is not exactly selling in great numbers. The harder you bargain, the sweeter the deal.

Quote:
Old 1st June 2013, 21:43   #126

Quote:
I am awaiting delivery of a 1.2 Titanium (pending registration and high security plates). As already mentioned, comprehensive insurance is free from company (not dealer). Ford has been doing that for quite some time. Zero depreciation insurance for the 1.4 Exi is 3382 in New Delhi. Reverse sensor (no camera) and standard accessories like mats etc are also free. Extended warranty + RSA is same here as in your quote. My colleague managed to get free seat covers as well (worth 4K). If you are thinking about extended warranty, you could consider the 2+2 option and get 4 years of coverage. A lot cheaper when car is new and it is transferable.
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:24   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaknav View Post
Hi, the sheet clearly says that insurance would be 17k. How come you are being told 23k?
Ask for corporate discount once you have settled everything (free goodies), if you are not getting it already.
The regular insurance is 17K and if I want 0 depreciation then I have to pay an extra 6K. As you said I am negotiating directly with the insurance agent now. No corporate discount for doctor. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
The quote is a rip-off!!

Ford is giving free insurance with the Figo. These are illegal (in Delhi at least) as per High Court, Delhi. Get the car registered yourself.

Standard accessories for 2K again should be negotiated. Plus some free accessories like RPS etc.
I did not know it was from the company side.
Lucky you Delhi people, how did it happen may I ask?
Yeah I managed to give me those accessories free (its not worth 2k anyways)
Thanks

[quote=austin2okhla;3137767 Zero depreciation insurance for the 1.4 Exi is 3382 in New Delhi. Reverse sensor (no camera) and standard accessories like mats etc are also free. Extended warranty + RSA is same here as in your quote. My colleague managed to get free seat covers as well (worth 4K). If you are thinking about extended warranty, you could consider the 2+2 option and get 4 years of coverage. A lot cheaper when car is new and it is transferable.[/quote]

Your friend seems to have got a sweet deal.
I was told if I take the extended warranty later also it will cost the same. Is it not true?
Thanks.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:04   #128

Quote:

I did not know it was from the company side.
Lucky you Delhi people, how did it happen may I ask?
Yeah I managed to give me those accessories free (its not worth 2k anyways)
Thanks

I was told if I take the extended warranty later also it will cost the same. Is it not true?
Thanks.
The free comp ins from Ford should be nationwide, not just for Delhi. Warranties, like insurance, transfer risk from the buyer to the seller. And the price depends on the risk being underwritten. The probability of a problem arising on a new car 3 years from now is not the same as the probability of the same problem arising 1 year from now on a car which is already 2 years old. So the price cannot be the same. For instance, my 4 years (2+2) extended warranty for a brand new car including RSA is 8900 (1.2 petrol, diesel is more expensive, obviously). BHPians with 3 year old (petrol) cars are being offered an additional 4th year at 5600! Moreover, these prices always keep rising every year, at least as high as inflation. Another factor is resale value. Extended warranties are transferable. That's why I think it's worth thinking about.
Old 24th June 2013, 17:15   #129
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
High Points:
  • Improved engine calibration for better acceleration.
  • 'Double bulb weather strips' (rubber around the doors) help keep the NVH levels in the cabin on the lower side
can someone explain whether the above two can be done on the older model ?
"engine calibration" - is it only ECU firmware upgrade (in that case, easily do-able on the older model as well) - or some mech change as well ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks