Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 15:33   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mercedes A-Class Preview : Pictures & Details

Well so apparently it is going to be the A220cdi and the A180 petrol going by what I've heard. This is just brilliant in that case. With 170bhp this is going to be pretty quick doing the 0-100 sprint in about 8.2 seconds.
Akshay1234 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 10:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Its almost 4.3m - not your average hatch... this is a sedanish-hatch if you will... And its a Merc which means they can ask 20L+ for this and it will sell!
Yes, it most certainly isn't your average hatch, but you can get so much more car for your money if you look elsewhere. Unless you really, really have your heart set on the three pointed star, I'm not sure one would go for this. It will most certainly sell, but I'm pretty certain it's not going to bring in numbers that make one go wow.

Edit: I'd love to be proven wrong though!

Last edited by iliketurtles : 10th May 2013 at 10:18. Reason: An addendum
Old 10th May 2013, 12:05   #93
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday night, Hormazd of Autocar show mentioned that only the petrol version will be launched this month. The diesel version will come in July.
Old 10th May 2013, 14:08   #94
BHPian

Some intersting facts about 'New' A-class (as launched in Europe 2012):-

Information Credit : http://www.daimler.com/

- The Mercedes management team strategy with the A-Class was "All set for attack"; 'A' is for attack. Mercedes-Benz is becoming the most dynamic premium brand in the world. As part of this development, the A-Class represents an important milestone for them.
- The appearance of the new A-Class reflects this new Mercedes-Benz design strategy. The result is what is known as a two-box design with a distinct character of its own, a sportily emotive exterior and an exceptionally high-quality feel to the interior.
- The roof spoiler, is responsible to conveniently hide all the aerials.
- A 220 CDI already meets the Euro 6 emission standard which only comes into force in 2015.
- The A-Class has an adjustable radiator shutter, already familiar in larger model series. The louvres behind the radiator grille are for the most part closed when there is no specific need for cooling air.
- The new four-link rear axle Suspension has forces absorbed by three control arms and one trailing arm per wheel. This means that longitudinal and lateral dynamics are virtually independent of one another.
- When accelerating out of bends taken at speed, the tendency to understeer is reduced even further by "Extended Traction Control": with this function, ESP® provides support in the form of directional stability by generating a yaw moment on the front and rear wheels located on the inside of the bend.
- Mercedes-Benz automatic emergency call system: faster assistance at the scene of an accident. The new A-Class is equipped with the Mercedes-Benz emergency call system alongwith COMAND Online, and as long as COMAND Online is connected to a mobile phone, the Mercedes-Benz emergency call system can automatically alert the emergency services within a matter of minutes in the event of a serious accident, after the airbags or belt tensioners are triggered, the vehicle's exact GPS position and vehicle identification number (VIN) are sent by SMS to a special emergency centre, with positional data also being transmitted. Even if the occupants are unconscious or unsure of exactly where they are because they are on a holiday trip, for example, the emergency services alerted by the emergency centre will be notified quickly with accurate information. On receiving the call, the emergency centre establishes voice contact with the vehicle occupants in a matter of seconds.
- If a pedestrian or cyclist hits the front of the A-Class, the rear of its bonnet is lifted by 8.5 centimetres, helping to reduce the risk of injury by hitting the glass. Active Bonnet deploys automatically at speeds of between approx. 15 and 35 mph.
- Luxury automatic climate control option. This two-zone automatic climate control system allows the driver and front passenger to set separate temperatures for each side of the cabin.
- The A-Class has been a bestseller for a number of generations. Since its market launch in 1997, it has blazed a trail for a new vehicle class with its unique design, becoming a driving force in the compact car segment. The second generation alone, which was launched in 2005, sold more than a million examples worldwide.

With this post, now I am the proud owner of the "BHPian" badge...
Thank you Mods!!

Last edited by GTO : 14th May 2013 at 09:10. Reason: Adding credit
spyder918 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 15:35   #95
BHPian

Disappointing pair of engines! For a car costing upwards of 20L, the least I would expect is 150 bhp on tap. Hopefully the 1 series will come with hotter engines.
Old 10th May 2013, 16:28   #96
BHPian

Re: Mercedes A-Class : Pictures & Details

Does the A-Class have the COMAND online feature in India. Any idea?

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th May 2013 at 16:43. Reason: Please avoid quoting a full post as it inconveniences mobile viewers. Thanks.
Old 12th May 2013, 10:07   #97
Senior - BHPian

Came across a DL registered previous gen Mercedes A Class, an A-100 exactly, two days back at Kochi. This is the first time I am seeing an A class. From the distance, as it was entering a main thoroughfare from a pocket road, the silver coloured A-100 appeared like a modified Indica to me from the front though the rear was different. The ground clearance was a bit lower. Surfed the net and got a picture from Wikipedia. Take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes A-Class Preview : Pictures & Details-a100.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 12th May 2013 at 10:23.
Old 12th May 2013, 10:21   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Came across a DL registered previous gen Mercedes A Class, an A-100 exactly, two days back at Kochi. This is the first time I am seeing an A class. From the distance, as it was entering a main thoroughfare from a pocket road, the silver coloured A-100 appeared like a modified Indica to me from the front though the rear is different. The ground clearance was a bit lower. Surfed the net and got a picture from Wikipedia. Take a look.
Rajeev, the picture is of the previous gen A-Class. But I am not sure if there was an A100 in the A-Class range. Probably what you saw was a modified Indica
Old 12th May 2013, 10:38   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Rajeev, the picture is of the previous gen A-Class. But I am not sure if there was an A100 in the A-Class range. Probably what you saw was a modified Indica
Or, perhaps, a faulty badge leading to the confusion or could be that I misread 180 as 100. Nevertheless I will try to laoate that car again, if it had not left the shores of Kochi.

Last edited by rajeev k : 12th May 2013 at 10:40.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 10:02   #100
BHPian

Deliveries have already started. Blue (registered) A-Class with a B-Class (company car)
Attached Images

Rosso Corsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 10:13   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Launch on May 30th in Mumbai.

http://motoroids.com/news/mercedes-b...ochure-videos/
Old 13th May 2013, 11:12   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Deliveries have already started. Blue (registered) A-Class with a B-Class (company car)
A little confusion here. The one in blue is the B Class(registered) and the one in red is an A.
AyAn! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 11:33   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post

A little confusion here. The one in blue is the B Class(registered) and the one in red is an A.
Oops! My bad. This was sent to me by someone who works on PDI, and I was told exactly the opposite.
Old 13th May 2013, 21:59   #104
EP.
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post

I am more intrested in the red W220 S-class beside the B-class; as far as I remember, MB never "officially" sold the S-class in that color. Whats the story with that car? Any clues? Do u have more pictures of that car, would love to see how it looks in the color.
Old 14th May 2013, 09:57   #105
Senior - BHPian

Given the prices, the only people I see who will be interested would be the College going kids of the uber rich class people. Or the Sandeep's of High-class people.(name borrowed from Figo's campaign ).
It wont appeal for the Corporates nor would it appeal to the top-end Middle class people.
Merc should have done some research for sure and identified that there is a niche segment who's needs are not satisfied till date.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks