Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 00:08   #631
Team-BHP Support

Re: SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Checked out the Elite i20 yesterday. Neat package and looks better in real than as suggested by the pics.

However, the rear was a bit claustrophobic. Haven't had this heavy feeling ever since the first generation swift. Anyone else felt the same?
It feels claustrophobic but there is ample space. I checked both Xcent and Elite i20 and found the Xcent airy with light colours but space was more in the Elite i20.

This is because of the very high shoulder line. If you are used to an airy car with low shoulder line, it will be uncomfortable at first.
Happened to me when changing from Figo to Ecosport but now I prefer this better as you feel isolated from the chaos outside.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 00:18   #632
Team-BHP Support

Re: SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It feels claustrophobic but there is ample space. I checked both Xcent and Elite i20 and found the Xcent airy with light colours but space was more in the Elite i20.

This is because of the very high shoulder line. If you are used to an airy car with low shoulder line, it will be uncomfortable at first.
Happened to me when changing from Figo to Ecosport but now I prefer this better as you feel isolated from the chaos outside.
Yes, true that there is more space inside. The rear seats themselves are very comfortable and was providing perfect support unlike the short rear bench of the Xcent.

Leg room is quite similar though. Not much advantage here, however width is a definite plus for the i20, though not quite enough to seat 5 in comfort. Overall, more impressed than in pictures.

Could not see the boot as the display car had a dead battery. The sales exec said there is no way to open the boot once the battery is dead, thanks to the electronic release.
Old 2nd September 2014, 00:23   #633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Could not see the boot as the display car had a dead battery. The sales exec said there is no way to open the boot once the battery is dead, thanks to the electronic release.
This is the problem in all cars with so much electronics. Same in my Ecosport. The boot release is an electric push type. If battery is down the you cannot start.

Quote:

Yes, true that there is more space inside. The rear seats themselves are very comfortable and was providing perfect support unlike the short rear bench of the Xcent.

Leg room is quite similar though. Not much advantage here, however width is a definite plus for the i20, though not quite enough to seat 5 in comfort. Overall, more impressed than in pictures.
Yeah that's why I mentioned a few weeks back. When looking at diesels the Elite i20 is a no brainer vs the Xcent thanks to the superior engine. Price difference is only 20K.

Even for Petrol for which prices are same. The only thing additional in Xcent is 120 litres more boot space else the i20 feels very premium.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:58   #634
BHPian

Hello MODs,

What happened to the official review of Elite i20, its been almost 2 weeks since the media drive happened in Jodhpur.

Eagerly awaiting for the same.

Regards,
Bubby.
Bubby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:11   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Hello MODs,

What happened to the official review of Elite i20, its been almost 2 weeks since the media drive happened in Jodhpur.
With the amount of quality information and detailed pictures that go into our Official Reviews, it may take a week or two after the actual drive for the review to get online. The review is being readied as we speak. It will be out very soon.

Last edited by Stratos : 2nd September 2014 at 10:17.
Stratos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:47   #636
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I, too, have actually begun to prefer the interiors of cars with a high shoulder line. As long as it's spacious, this has a couple of benefits.

One, we get a better feeling of safety, although it may be only a mental thing. It does feel safer to be separated from the chaotic conditions outside by a thick opaque combination of sheet metal and plastic interior trim, instead of a thin transparent glass pane.

Two, with the SC ruling completely banning sun films, a high shoulder line provides much better privacy. Coupled with a thick C-pillar, a person sitting in the rear seat gets some much needed privacy, which simply cannot be provided by a massive rear window with a low base (in the absence of dark sun film).

Last edited by RSR : 2nd September 2014 at 12:49.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:59   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
With the amount of quality information and detailed pictures that go into our Official Reviews, it may take a week or two after the actual drive for the review to get online. The review is being readied as we speak. It will be out very soon.
That's great news, I am eagerly waiting for the same reasons, quality information and detailed pictures.

Early last week I had even delayed the delivery of my Elite i20 by two days, I was considering picking it up only post the TBHP review, however as the review didn't showed up and with dealer pressure I had to pick it up last week.

As now I already have the car, I have to learn a lot about the car and to do so there is no better place then the TBHP review.

Last edited by Bubby : 2nd September 2014 at 14:06.
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:55   #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post

Eagerly waiting for the Team-BHP review. I have booked the petrol asta version.
Well, tomorrow's my birthday, so it will be an awesome gift if the review comes out by then!!

Note from Mod: Please continue the discussion in Team-BHP's Official Review thread.

LINK

Thread closed.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2014 at 11:39. Reason: Adding closing note. Happy Birthday ;)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks