Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2013, 06:40   #481
BHPian

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Next day we test driven verna and it was very obvious that amaze is no where near Hyundai Verna in NVH, looks, interior, dashboard design and everything else. Not only this, even Maruti Dzire (price 9.15lakh which is in same category as amaze) or lower segment cars like Hyundai Eon, i10 Grand has better interior then Amaze which cost 9.60 lakhs on road in mumbai!
I think comparison between Honda Amaze and Hyundai Verna or Hyundai Eon is meaningless. Because they are in not same segment. Your observation about NVH level of Amaze is very much true, probably that is the only (major) downside of the product. Now comparing Honda Amaze with Maruti Suzuki DZire is expected and the NVH and After Sales Support are biggest advantages of the latter. Remember every month Honda sells 6000+ units consistently. So we can not say all them just buying the car, just because it's Honda.

Now regarding Hyundai CRDi engines, I know a friend who got an advice from Hyundai Dealership staff regarding Hyundai's diesel engines. He said don't buy Hyundai's diesel cars, they are very costly to maintain. our members who owns Hyundai Diesel car give more inputs on it.
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:23   #482
Senior - BHPian

The weblink for webcast of launch is up

https://hondacarindia.com/iconicmodel/default.aspx
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:30   #483
BHPian

Went to honda dealer today. Got a vital information regarding the Honda city 2014 on pricing of topend diesel version

Looks like top end diesel version will cost 13.85 - 13.95L in chennai / Comes with Rear AC vents/ 4 Alloys + 1 rim wheel /Fog Lamps/ Push button start/ No Foldable OVRM/ Again a media console with no CD player option/ No ACC
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:08   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Why does Honda always miss on an ACC? That was one major lacking in the current Honda City. Going by the prices mentioned, will it really make sense for a common, non petrolhead driver to choose the pricey city over the fully loaded Verna? If the buyer knows cars, then he will be looking at handling, etc but how many people really do all this? 14l on road is definitely pricey and I had thought Verna was pricey!
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:40   #485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Went to honda dealer today. Got a vital information regarding the Honda city 2014 on pricing of topend diesel version

Looks like top end diesel version will cost 13.85 - 13.95L in chennai / Comes with Rear AC vents/ 4 Alloys + 1 rim wheel /Fog Lamps/ Push button start/ No Foldable OVRM/ Again a media console with no CD player option/ No ACC
This is a bad news!! A 14L car without ACC in today's time - It's a crime! They better take clues from Hyundai when they price new gen City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
...Going by the prices mentioned, will it really make sense for a common, non petrolhead driver to choose the pricey city over the fully loaded Verna? If the buyer knows cars, then he will be looking at handling, etc but how many people really do all this? 14l on road is definitely pricey and I had thought Verna was pricey!
True. Both Verna & City (going by previous gen) are NOT great handlers. To me, it will purely be based on interiors, NVH & equipment levels as we are talking about a luxury (comparatively) segment. Verna will be my choice for diesel option; for petrol I'll pick the City - provided the above information holds.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd November 2013 at 10:50.
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:10   #486
Senior - BHPian

Err ... what is ACC? The accessory switch?
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:13   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Err ... what is ACC? The accessory switch?
Automatic Climate Control.

Regarding the feature list and price, its all speculation so far.
We can guess the price after they announce the car by looking at the size and equipment level since Honda plans to announce the prices and variants in January.
SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:18   #488
BHPian

The spy shots of black and white car doing rounds on the web is not of Honda City 2014 but it is of Roewe 550

Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-city-roewe-front.jpg
Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-city-roewe-rear.jpg

Given how different the front of Honda's all recent launch look like, I wont be surprised to see Honda City having a different front design to what we see on Jazz
Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-honda-new-front.jpg
damager21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:56   #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
The spy shots of black and white car doing rounds on the web is not of Honda City 2014 but it is of Roewe 550 Given how different the front of Honda's all recent launch look like, I wont be surprised to see Honda City having a different front design to what we see on Jazz
Wow!! Great job damager21 in finding that out. This indeed appears to be the Roewe 550.

Also, I agree with your logic on why the new city should not look different than the current design theme that Honda seems to have taken up for the current generation is cars.
Just like we've seen Hyundai going by the fluidic design philosophy for almost all of their current generation of cars.

And going by that, like someone had mentioned that one of the dealers was very sure that the new City would be very similar to the image doing the rounds in the internet (the one with a couple standing next to it), I think we now know what the new City looks like.

We will know in less than 24 hours from now
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:37   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Woah..woah...After the Amaze success and shifting of City primary market to India from Thailand, though they would do some magic trick.
But no avail.. touching 14lacs and no ACC coupled with no auto folding ORVM
Even the Amaza has it.
If this is the case won't be surprised if they plonk in the Amaze 1.5 Dtec as it is, without any VGT treatment.
Old 23rd November 2013, 13:20   #491
Senior - BHPian

If honda prices the city at the speculated 14l price point, I doubt it'll see many takers for it. Also, am already disappointed to see that, honda skipped the idea of vgt for city. If its 14l, i'll rather put another 2 and get myself a cruze LT. Which is by far better then city, be it space, power, features. Plus I get a car from higher segment. My 2 cents.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 13:53   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Went to honda dealer today. Got a vital information regarding the Honda city 2014 on pricing of topend diesel version Looks like top end diesel version will cost 13.85 - 13.95L in chennai / Comes with Rear AC vents/ 4 Alloys + 1 rim wheel /Fog Lamps/ Push button start/ No Foldable OVRM/ Again a media console with no CD player option/ No ACC
I will take this news with a pinch of salt. Even Amaze has electrically foldable OVRM, how can they skip it from their flagship model. So instead of speculating let's wait for 2 more days and things would be clear.
crazyro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 15:03   #493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is a bad news!! A 14L car without ACC in today's time - It's a crime! They better take clues from Hyundai when they price new gen City.
We've have even 25-30 lakhs cars without ACC

Its quite unlikely that Honda gets on a wrong foot when it comes to the City. After all its the model which really established them in this market. Hope they keep basic safety features standard across the range.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 17:18   #494
Senior - BHPian

Hi @RavenAvi

I feel your pricing for the City & Jazz in post # 478 is optimistic. These can easily be priced upwards by Rs.50k... not sure of the actual pricing, but my heart feels this could be disappointing.

Moreover, I do not think the Corporation Edition would be there for the City initially, as there would be a diesel mill to pull buyers to showrooms.

But, I must thank you for all the analysis & projections.

Good work
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 18:49   #495
BHPian

Many including me who pre-booked Ford Ecosport didn't get delivery or clarity on timelines thus had to cancel the booking. It is not as much about being brave as sensing an opportunity or exercise a choice as pre-bookings are refundable. Bravery ought to describe other noble attributes rather than rushing to acquire an automobile.
dnahelix is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks