Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2013, 15:39   #376
BHPian

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Hats off to Honda for keeping the car away from the shutter bugs for so long! First they silently cleared the automatic models and then stopped the city production. Indeed goes to show the level of strategy and planning at Honda. +1 to the way they handled the Amaze launch. Ford could take a leaf or two from the guys at Honda.

Honda has always surprised the masses with the designs of their cars (City/Accord). Something deep inside tells me that this is indeed the 2014 Honda City. Have been predicting the stock markets since last 7 years, I hope I am right on this one

Last edited by rahulsharma2008 : 12th November 2013 at 15:44.
Old 12th November 2013, 16:35   #377
BANNED

They also managed to hide the Brio AT and even engine details of the Amaze Diesel. All the mules were reported to be 3 cylinder. The Brio AT was assumed to be the CVT as in Thailand.
Old 12th November 2013, 18:16   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Saw this in Gaadi.com site,

Attachment 1164793

With comparing the camouflaged mule i could see the curves and the front grills are similar (to me at least)

Is this is what its going to be a new city ? or anyone spotted any new ones ?
Couldn't resist to see her .
Guys this pic has been around for over a year now. It is not the new City but a very early rendering of the car.
Old 13th November 2013, 19:43   #379
BHPian

According to the website overdrive.in , their sources are claiming that the deliveries will start by March-April 2014 and the killer of all the pricing will be in the vicinity of the outgoing civic!!!
man it has dampened my spirit , I thought that finally I will be able to make a choice for my next purchase.

I will be really happy and thankful if some one can prove this report to be false...
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 21:01   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
According to the website overdrive.in , their sources are claiming that the deliveries will start by March-April 2014 and the killer of all the pricing will be in the vicinity of the outgoing civic!!!
man it has dampened my spirit , I thought that finally I will be able to make a choice for my next purchase.

I will be really happy and thankful if some one can prove this report to be false...
Highly unlikely. Honda wouldn't have stopped taking orders for the current city if it had such a wide time frame. Secondly, I'm sure Honda has learnt its lesson with the Jazz and they'll be pricing their products wisely.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 21:27   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Highly unlikely. Honda wouldn't have stopped taking orders for the current city if it had such a wide time frame. Secondly, I'm sure Honda has learnt its lesson with the Jazz and they'll be pricing their products wisely.
Completely agree. Also why would Honda leave a segment that has been rather lucrative for it? Why would they not just get a Civic and price it in the Corolla league? And if the new City was to cost as much as Civic, then what would be the point of City in the Honda portfolio? These reports just baffle me. Last i heard the new Corolla was to be priced in the 18-22L price range !! Absolute nonsense if you ask me.
The new City will be priced at levels similar to what the current car if offered at.
nik_kapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 21:39   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Just a note to all BHPians. We do this in the most innocent manner, but, the term "japs" is extremely offensive to Japanians/Japanese(?). Its like calling our friendly neighbours "pa*is". I am not a moderator or anything...but it makes a jarring reading with the offensive terms employed in the posts. All we are doing here is appreciating them .
Couldn't agree more. While many would have noticed it, it takes initiative to articulate it here. Thanks.
dnahelix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 01:53   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Completely agree. Also why would Honda leave a segment that has been rather lucrative for it? Why would they not just get a Civic and price it in the Corolla league? And if the new City was to cost as much as Civic, then what would be the point of City in the Honda portfolio? These reports just baffle me. Last i heard the new Corolla was to be priced in the 18-22L price range !! Absolute nonsense if you ask me.
The new City will be priced at levels similar to what the current car if offered at.
thanks guys
your posts are like music to my ears.
I also agree that these days information available on overdrive is not very accurate. In fact it has been the case specially since Sirish Chandran left the company.
Old 14th November 2013, 13:54   #384
BHPian

If this going to be the case, I would be forced to cancel my booking too.

Am sure Honda would not do this after seeing the success story with Amaze D
Old 14th November 2013, 14:07   #385
Senior - BHPian

When will they be expanding their capacity? Current capacity is only 10K per month and they will make these numbers with Amaze/Brio combo alone.
Old 14th November 2013, 15:22   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Good news for those having booked the City!

New Honda City global unveiling on November 25th in India- Official

Quote:
Honda Cars India has officially announced that the next generation 2014 Honda City will have its global premiere on November 25th in India. The Japanese automaker send us an invite stating " The global unveiling of an iconic model which has redefined automotive design and technology".
Quote:
The next City is based on the new Jazz platform, and is expected to get an entirely new look. The vehicle will feature bigger wrap around clear lens headlamps with projector lights, new LED tail lamps, prominent creases on both sides and few others, making it look more sportier than ever.
Anticipating to be based on the FIT/JAZZ platform, the front look of the city would follow the same design language.

Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-2014hondajazzhybrid.jpg

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...cial-11691.htm

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th November 2013 at 15:31.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 15:38   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
One incorrect claim: They were not the first to disclose bookings of the 2014 City. RavenAvi had posted regarding his booking way before their article.

Second: I am not sure if Honda has officially announched 25th Nov launch. Even if 25th Nov is a correct date, I doubt Honda would send such a communiucation to them only. Has any bigger publication mentioned about an "offcial Honda statement".
Old 14th November 2013, 15:43   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Second: I am not sure if Honda has officially announched 25th Nov launch.
Honda Cars India have just issued an invite for the “The global unveiling of an iconic model which has redefined automotive design and technology” to the media. The same news is now available in major auto sites.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 16:48   #389
BHPian

honda india's invite "be the first to see the next global sensation"
Attached Thumbnails
Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-hondacarsindia2014hondacity.jpg  

nskumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 19:23   #390
Senior - BHPian

The Civic in its final run had an ex-showroom price of around 12-13L. That segment has now crept up to the 14+ish range at the minimum, hasn't it?

The top variants of the City competitors are in 10-12 range anyway.

So it's quite possible that the top variant of the new City will be priced around that of the 'outgoing Civic'. The 'new Civic', if and when launched, will surely be in the 15+ bracket.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks