Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:39   #91
Senior - BHPian

I believe they are going to come up with a revamped product line in another two years and the recent facelifts are an intermediate step to freshen up the existing products.

IMO they need to quickly focus on the customer engagement part. Even with great products they won't get anywhere if they fail to engage the customers, like Fiat.
Old 10th September 2013, 14:34   #92
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches

My father is taking delivery of the 2013 Nano tomorrow in Goa. He is getting the same BLUE color posted earlier in this forum.
Can someone help me with the below:
I wanted to put in better rubber that the existing MRF tyres available. Is there any option?
Also, wanted to get the roof done black. Any idea where it can be done in Pune? Also is it advisable as he will mostly drive the car in Goa's hot sun.
Old 10th September 2013, 14:56   #93
Senior - BHPian

Nano also comes with JK tyres, but mine came with MRF which seem quite adequate for the Nano.
I too had toyed with black roof idea - the dealer can paint it for you or put black film - but I didn't think it worth the bother for the Nano. While it will heat up more with black, if it is a film the effect may be less than paint. After using it for some time, you too may think it isn't worth the bother, as I did.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 01:36   #94
Senior - BHPian

Tyre options may be limited since the front wheels are non standard size. MRFs should be good. I have then on the Nano - no flat tyres in a year and 20k kms. I also have them on the Ikon and pretty much the same story.
Old 12th September 2013, 15:01   #95
Senior - BHPian

That is good performance, given the small dia of the tyres. How often do you rotate/balance them?
Old 15th September 2013, 19:33   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Tyre options may be limited since the front wheels are non standard size. MRFs should be good. I have then on the Nano - no flat tyres in a year and 20k kms. I also have them on the Ikon and pretty much the same story.
Yep. I have the MRF ZECs on my Lx, almost 17K kms and good for another 15k maybe ? There are only MRF and JK Ultima avl for the Nano's 12 in size. The JKs look better, dunno about performance.
Old 17th September 2013, 12:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

Motorbash have uploaded the spy pics of the Aria Automatic. Here is the link to their report:

http://motorbash.com/xclusive-tata-a...rst-time-ever/
Old 24th September 2013, 18:25   #98
BHPian

Folks,
Just in case anyone is buying a new Nano here is the deal I got.
My dad purchased the Nano LX 2013 for 2.59 on-road and got underbody coating, mudflaps, mats for free.
shivasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 20:14   #99
BHPian

A thought has kept recurring to me over the past few days - Why is Tata Motors (including JLR) insisting on going it alone ?
Even the biggies - Mercedes, VW, GM, BMW, Renault Nissan, with their volumes of scale and technical abilities are collaborating to ensure that they share technical know how / platforms / engines all the way upto production plants.

Agreed, Tata did start this with Fiat, but then Fiat as a company is not really doing well or known for the latest tech (for everyday cars) and in any case Tata has gone and divorced Fiat ......
Old 30th September 2013, 16:39   #100
BHPian

Tata Indica in worst cars built in last 25 years list

Quote:
English weekly publication Auto Express, has recently come out with their list of the ‘Top 10 Worst Cars’ made in the last 25 years. Topping that list is the Rover CityRover, or what we know as the Tata Indica.
Source:
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/r...rst-cars-98592
amolbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 11:31   #101
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica in worst cars built in last 25 years list

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
This was some thing we read in early 2009 too, the car was initially launched in the UK under the rovers I guess in 2003. But then this was the cheapest car too in the UK then, just over 6500 pounds. Some times these comparisons sound so unfair.
Old 6th October 2013, 13:22   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
But then this was the cheapest car too in the UK then, just over 6500 pounds. Some times these comparisons sound so unfair.
Yes, this was the cheapest new car to buy, competing with the Fiat Panda.

In TopGear's review they have also projected a very bad image of the car throughout the episode. To be fair, after I sat in an Indica XETA, I was like what has Tata made!!

Here's the video:

amolbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 14:08   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
In TopGear's review they have also projected a very bad image of the car throughout the episode. To be fair, after I sat in an Indica XETA, I was like what has Tata made!!

Here's the video:
Don't go by Top Gear's reviews, that too in the UK. They still harbour a western viewpoint. Read the same Top Gear's review of the ARIA, they have praised it. Why ? BEceause it was co-designed with JLR, a British Firm, now owned by TATA.

BTW, TATA has managed to turn the loss making JLR into a profitable company, I'm sure they must've given a lot of nuisance value people the pink slip !

For the cost, the Indica is a fantastic platform, which is evident from the taxi / fleet numbers visible even today. TATA builds cars for the masses at affordable prices, what is known as "value" products. When Toyota built the Liva and Honda the Amaze at similar price brackets, we all know the results. Have you wondered why the Etios family is not sold elsewhere ? Beceasue it is designed for us lowly Indians .. that is the mantra, I guess.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th October 2013 at 00:13. Reason: Post edited. Keep it polite and suitable for all readers.
Old 7th October 2013, 15:17   #104
Senior - BHPian

Just saw in today's newspaper a cash benefit of close to 1,35,000 on the Safari Storme. It also said that benefits includes 3 years insurance at Rs. 1, cash discount, corporate discount, exchange bonus. Not sure of all of them is applicable to this discount but 1.35L does sound yummy. There were benefits on all cars except the Manza.

It might be all India but has only mentioned that not applicable for Tamil Nadu, nothing about other states. Even the Storme website has this offer pasted.

Last edited by motomaverick : 7th October 2013 at 15:19.
Old 7th October 2013, 15:25   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
.....There were benefits on all cars except the Manza....
As per the Tata website (http://offers.cars.tatamotors.com/), Manza has a total benefit of Rs 1.41 lakhs. Not sure about the details though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks