Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2013, 13:53   #151
BHPian

Re: Pics & Report: 2013 Skoda Octavia unveiled @ Mumbai

There is no mention of a 1.4 engine in Autocar India review (september edition). Price range 18-20 lakh ex-showroom, Delhi. The 1.8TSI does 0-100 in 8 secs and the diesel, 9.35 sec.

Looks like the Laura is going to stay for a while.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics & Report: 2013 Skoda Octavia unveiled @ Mumbai-photo-280813-1-43-07-pm.jpg  

joethomasv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 13:19   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Perhaps this engine will be launched in the vRS guise later on
I don't think the vRS will be launched till 1-1.5 years later if not more.

We need the 1.8TSI in regular models.
Old 31st August 2013, 14:08   #153

Dear Brethren,
I have read the supposedly ‘Road Test’ of the new Skoda Octavia, published in Autocar India, September issue.
It was a disenchanted reading thoroughly lacking all the required particulars as one would expect from an Auto Magazine, if one is to read it with the perspective of a prospective buyer, as I was (until then), and that was the reason when I got to know of the issue, I immediately sent for the same.
It does not talk anything about what the new car is going to offer but keep on harping about the new MQB Platform. For God’s sake I am not interested (as a buyer) which platform was used to manufacture the car, what all I am interested is whether the new car is going to offer me a better package then the existing/outgoing ‘Laura’. The article does not even lists the gadgetry in the new supposedly ‘better’ vehicle and it conveniently omits to inform how prominent, if at all, is the ‘Turbo Lag’ as most of the people would not be dashing off from 0 to 100 Kmph very often and would be more interested in as to how the car will fare in 20 to 100 Kmph range and whether Tiptronic would have to used for that purpose since most of the driving is going to be in urban setting. It criticises use of 16 inch tyres saying that it does not suit such a big car…. but even the Superb comes with 16 inches. The engine is gruff, the suspension is not as good as petrol version’s, common gizmos are missing and still it went on to say “Latest Octavia sets a new benchmark in the executive car segment” But How?
Or is it that they do not want to talk about the final version that is to be offered and just wanted to test the waters with this deliberate half-baked information about the car and tipping the cost scales bit towards insanity.
I mean to say, at least I think this way, who would like to buy ‘Octavia’ for 22 lakhs approx. (on road) when he can have ‘Superb’ for another 2 lakhs which pips right through the scales of luxury and welcomes the owner with an ‘Umbrella’ also (he hee heee…).
I was eagerly waiting for arrival of this car cause I wanted to upgrade from my Wonderful Cruze (will be completing 3 years in October), now going by what has been reported in the magazine; Things I do not like or have put me off are;
Small screen then the one offered in European model,
No option to select the ‘driving mode’ from the touch screen media unit,
The Overseas model comes with ‘Canton’ music system with 12 speakers, that has been substantially downgraded in Indian model,
No Black interior option in Diesel version,
Manual adjustment for front passenger seat (psssttt…),
In today’s Bluetooth streaming world who would want to have 6 CD Changer,
No Sat navigation,
No reverse camera,
The article is silent about small gizmos like Keyless entry, Push Start, reverse camera, which are coming as standard even in small sub-ten lakh cars what to talk about Auto Parking Assist.
I am still guessing why would one pay a lakh more than the Laura (L&K) model which offers endless list of features.
Alas, we have been discriminated once again, why can’t we have the pleasure of equality and that too when we have been made to pay so much more for CARS in our country without getting as much in return.
Hence, Dear all, please advise me if I should go in for ‘Superb’ or are there any other options available for me
Old 31st August 2013, 17:23   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyer
Dear Brethren,
I have read the supposedly ‘Road Test’ of the new Skoda Octavia, published in Autocar India, September issue.
Checkout the podcast of autocar india in their website , u might be able to get a little more about the octavia . As u have rightly said the Octavia seems to be a downgrade from the car it used to be . Nothing new in the car apart from the space it offers . Maybe Skoda is trying to sell the car by its brand name . Skoda better launch a L&K model with all the goodies , else the " The legend is returning back " ..
Old 1st September 2013, 15:18   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's View Post
Checkout the podcast of autocar india in their website , u might be able to get a little more about the octavia . As u have rightly said the Octavia seems to be a downgrade from the car it used to be . Nothing new in the car apart from the space it offers . Maybe Skoda is trying to sell the car by its brand name . Skoda better launch a L&K model with all the goodies , else the " The legend is returning back " ..
Autocar India may not have done a good job, but if international reports are to go by, then this 3rd Gen Octavia has lot more to offer in terms of features over the Laura - this is a very loaded car. Even Skoda's India website has a small list: http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/o...ia-Coming-Soon
Old 1st September 2013, 17:59   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalva

Autocar India may not have done a good job, but if international reports are to go by, then this 3rd Gen Octavia has lot more to offer in terms of features over the Laura - this is a very loaded car. Even Skoda's India website has a small list: http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/o...ia-Coming-Soon
The features listed in the Skoda website are those of the top end L&K model . Dissapointing that a lot of standard features have been missed out .
Old 1st September 2013, 21:39   #157
BHPian

Just read the Autocar's Indian road test of the Octavia . Nothing new , atleast they seem to have confirmed the engine line up at launch . 1.8 TSI and the 2.0TDI will come at launch mostly paired with DSG . No SAT NAV for India , a smaller screen for the audio , no word about other features such as keyless entry , push start etc . Yet Autocar says that the car is very much loaded for its price . October launch confirmed .
Old 1st September 2013, 22:11   #158
BHPian

I doubt Auto-car's pricing is accurate. You can get a Superb nowadays for the price which they have indicated.
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:12   #159
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I was at Fahrenheit Skoda Moti Nagar (Delhi) for some work regarding my Rapid.

I saw a 2013 Octavia covered with tapes, standing there in a corner at the body shop.
The service advisor there told me that they already have 2 new Octavia's in there workshop but still not displayed in the showroom. Fahrenheit has also started taking booking for the Octavia & are promising a delivery in the month of november.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics & Report: 2013 Skoda Octavia unveiled @ Mumbai-image2235808209.jpg  

Pics & Report: 2013 Skoda Octavia unveiled @ Mumbai-image3046502193.jpg  

Pics & Report: 2013 Skoda Octavia unveiled @ Mumbai-image4174507673.jpg  

Pics & Report: 2013 Skoda Octavia unveiled @ Mumbai-image374296722.jpg  

Pics & Report: 2013 Skoda Octavia unveiled @ Mumbai-image497202861.jpg  

satyamkaushik is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:31   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Hi Folks,

I was at Fahrenheit Skoda Moti Nagar (Delhi) for some work regarding my Rapid.

I saw a 2013 Octavia covered with tapes, standing there in a corner at the body shop.
The service advisor there told me that they already have 2 new Octavia's in there workshop but still not displayed in the showroom. Fahrenheit has also started taking booking for the Octavia & are promising a delivery in the month of november.
The car looks excellent and without the badges even more so. I wonder is it legal to run a car with all the badges covered.

The car in question is an auto right.?
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:44   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
I wonder is it legal to run a car with all the badges covered.
It is usual for SKODA to wrap its car during transit. If you look closely you can see the badges covered under the white wrap. And lastly the car is yet to be run
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:26   #162
BHPian

I dont understand why Skoda is providing a silvered colour car with beige interiors !!. Hope they have a all black interior colour option as well .
Old 3rd September 2013, 18:03   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
The car looks excellent and without the badges even more so. I wonder is it legal to run a car with all the badges covered.

The car in question is an auto right.?
This pic is of an auto.
Old 3rd September 2013, 18:39   #164
BHPian

Yes this one had an Auto box.

They said out of the two they had, one was a manual & other an Auto.

As fas as the interiors are concerned i guess it will depend as to what variant you opt for.
Old 5th September 2013, 15:32   #165
BHPian

Skoda has used some strange tactics with the launch of the New Octavia. First a model launch in Mumbai on Aug 9th without disclosing any details on the price or the variant options. Anyone who was interested in this car had already seen umpteen pics of the Euro Version.

Now in the last two days, I got calls from the Mahavir Skoda in Hyderabad that they have started bookings for the New Octavia, though no details of price or variant options are available. Imagine now everyone expects the car to be launched in the 16-18 Lac bracket. Now what if I book and realize that the launch price is 22 Lacs. Also they dont even know if both the petrol and diesel versions are being launched simultaneously or is it just the diesel.

Anyway, the sales advisor has told me that they are having a training in B'lore on Sep9th after which he will be able to provide me with all the details with regard to price and variants. He also promises a November month delivery for bookings made now.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks