Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2013, 18:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP sketches the Tata X0/Dolphin hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that this is the Megapixel concept coming to life? Which is a good thing, I for one am glad that finally more Tata concepts are reaching production! I've included the link to a render of the car below.

http://www.tatamegapixel.com/design-images.asp
You are right, this indeed looks like the megapixel coming to life. After Aria, megapixel is the concept which will see the light of the day.
Old 30th August 2013, 18:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
The design language seems to be in line with Tata Aria IMO. Also has a bit of Beat in it.
A bit of the Beat? Yaar, to me at first glance that looks like most of the Chevy Beat!
And this is exactly what Tata's designs should avoid. None should look at future Tata designs and say, "Hey this just looks like that other car." That said, they really ought to keep close to sharp and sporty, if they want people to aspire to own Tata cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
I don't know how they missed on this with new Safari Storme which came much after Aria.
Didn't you know? They wasted too much time on the Aria and so ended-up having too little time for all their other cars. Hence when the market screamed for a new Safari, they had just enough time to clothe an Aria in Safari costumes and named it the Storme (roughly summing it up i.e.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
  • The X0/Dolphin hatchback will be based on the Vista platform.
  • The car will use the improvements that Tata Motors is currently incorporating on the Vista facelift, which is due for 2014.
  • Competition for the X0 is expected to come from the Maruti Alto 800, the Hyundai Eon and the upcoming Datsun Go hatchbacks.
  • The launch timeframe for the X0 remains unavailable at this moment.
  • Tata Motors could base the X0 on the Advanced Modular Platform (AMP).
Oh my, looks like Tata will run out of time again. They will introduce the Vista facelift in 2014, take inputs from how that is performing, add that to the AMP (which I heard was slated for 2015) and finally create the X0 in 2015? I am just freely speculating here, but if that turns out true then X0 will not have to fear any competition from Alto 800 or Eon, 'coz those cars may very well have been replaced or become irrelevant by then.
Old 30th August 2013, 18:49   #18
BHPian

Is it just me or anyone else too thinks that the mentioned design looks very similar to Kia Rio hatch?
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 19:33   #19
BHPian

The bulbous outdated Indica look is tiring to the eyes. Anything actually would be a refreshing change.

But I am not so sure of the sloping back. In this case of small hatches especially, space management is critical, and by designing a sloping hatch you are sort of limiting your product.

Anyway given Tata's glacial product pace, any new design is welcome news!
Old 30th August 2013, 19:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Is it just me or anyone else too thinks that the mentioned design looks very similar to Kia Rio hatch?
Yes you are right. the grille design is similar to Kia cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
You are right, this indeed looks like the megapixel coming to life. After Aria, megapixel is the concept which will see the light of the day.
Not just Aria . tata gave life to the Elegante Concpet also. most of the design of Tata Manza looks like taken from Elegante Concept.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-2007_tata_elegante_concept_100011363_l.jpg  

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-tataeleganteconceptsedan3.jpg  

tushky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 20:06   #21
BHPian

When the Pixel & the Megapixel were first unveiled they were spin-offs based on the Nano platform and the X0/Dolphin is going to be based on the Vista, wonder what prompted the change in plans, any insights on that?

Last edited by da_lowrider : 30th August 2013 at 20:10. Reason: edited grammar
Old 30th August 2013, 21:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that this is the Megapixel concept coming to life? Which is a good thing, I for one am glad that finally more Tata concepts are reaching production! I've included the link to a render of the car below.

http://www.tatamegapixel.com/design-images.asp
+1 to that, even i thought it looked like an enlarged mega pixel
IMO megapixel is an well designed vehicle, I loved it when it was showcase in Geneva auto show.
Old 30th August 2013, 21:50   #23
BHPian

Love the design language. Good to see TATA finally making strides in the right direction. However, many things still need to be addressed and I hope TATA does so at the earliest.

My sincere request to TATA:

1. Please, please, please try to make the car as niggle-free as possible. Good fuel-efficiency, safety, space etc. do make a good mix, but what the customer needs at the end is a car that WORKS when required. A car is bought mainly for convenience and not to cause headaches.

2. Try to make it as conventional as possible, but with a few small revolutionary features thrown in. No one in their right mind would want a rear-engined, rear-wheel driven, non-hatch openable car when the entire world takes a different route.

3. Please be done with the existing design language. This includes everything, right from that huge smiley grille to those christmas tree-like tail-lamps. Bring in something fresh, bring in something new.

4. Do not sell it to the taxiwallahs. Period.

5. Stick to the two main USPs of the company. Space and price. TATA has done a commendable job in sticking to the former, but where exactly did it lose the latter is something only they can answer.

All in all, the Dolphin (Seriously?? That too for a hatchback??) seems to be a great product in the making. Even though making inroads into the Alto territory might prove a difficult task for TATA, however, a tiny but peppy, frugal diesel engine alongwith a correct pricing strategy might just click with the Indian junta.
mohitk1993 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 22:58   #24
BHPian

Taking cue from Duster, it would be interesting if Tata comes up with a sub-four metre 'Mini-SUV' based on Vista platform. With Quadrajet & CR4 engine options and competitively priced below Ford Ecosport, it may turn around Tata's fortunes.
Old 30th August 2013, 23:14   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwarior View Post
Taking cue from Duster, it would be interesting if Tata comes up with a sub-four metre 'Mini-SUV' based on Vista platform. With Quadrajet & CR4 engine options and competitively priced below Ford Ecosport, it may turn around Tata's fortunes.
They are indeed!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...mini-aria.html

I just hope the upcoming Aria compact does not go the Quanto way; otherwise, TATA will be in for a load of trouble.
Old 30th August 2013, 23:33   #26
BHPian

After the wonderful job Renault did with their ugly Logan, they cannot go Quanto way. Unless they manage a radically fresh product, no one will bother.
Old 31st August 2013, 00:50   #27
MHG
BHPian

Another ugly design that will look outdated by the time it launches. Tata should learn something from companies like Renault and Volvo on how to make good looking hatchbacks. Even the JLR designers can teach them a lot.
Old 31st August 2013, 13:31   #28
BHPian

+1 to that. The sketch is nothing more than another bulbuous design that may be ignored by the customer once again. They should focus on sleek edgy smart looking designs. It will go well with their corporate identity as well. None of their group companies are in the "funkiness" business other than Titan Eyewear maybe.
Old 31st August 2013, 13:40   #29
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Beats Front and Getz rear looks modern I'll give it that. Also conventional in the fact that it is a tall boy and that is what seems to be going well in the particular segment.
Old 19th February 2014, 12:37   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Doplhin Hatchback To Replace Indica.
The company has codenamed the car X451 which will be manufactured at Tata Motors’ Sanand facility.

Rendered image
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-2014tatadolphin.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-2014tatamegapixelproduction.jpg

Dolphin is set to sit between the Nano and the Vista. testing to commence by June 2014.
Quote:

The Tata Dolphin will be offered in both petrol and diesel avatars. The diesel engine will be a new 1.05 DICOR unit which is a 3-cylinder mill offering around 60 BHP of power. The petrol motor will be an all new turbocharged unit (likely to be a 3-cylinder version of the 1.2-litre Revotron motor with a capacity of 900cc).

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th February 2014 at 12:48.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks