Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

November 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

NOTES:

1: Only cars that sell 500+ units (and thus, the relevant ones) have been included in the gainers & losers chart.
2: Apart from the 6 cars in the monthly gainers chart, all others have shown a negative figure for this month.
3: Force Motors has been added to the sheet. But it has been removed from the Manufacturer Sales - YoY Change (%) chart. (Since it overshoots in this particular chart)

Last edited by parrys : 2nd December 2013 at 17:46.
parrys is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: November 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

parrys is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

parrys is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

parrys is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

parrys is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 18:25   #6
BANNED

The sales figures are out so fast! Thanks Parrys!

Stingray doesn't give much help to Wagon R.
Grand i10 eats into its own i10 and i20, and Maruti's Ritz too, I guess.
Ford is concentrating on export of Ecosport, which causes lower numbers and huge waiting period here, I guess.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 2nd December 2013 at 18:51.
Old 2nd December 2013, 18:25   #7
gemi_kk

Nice report. Parry's. Thank you.

Maruti sales aren't significantly down. The swift and dzire made a healthy 15K + units. Agreed that its a bit low, but the market dynamics have changed with the new Urban SUV's. Also, maruti is planning to get their upgraded swift, so it might be a strategic move too. I am sure that they will exceed their regular volumes once their Xalpha gets launched. (Courtesy: GTO's Credit susie report thread. )

Renault + Nissan Magic seems to be working. together they have sold 6K + duster copies. Now, i think, they will push hard to gain volumes.

For FIAT, Its a Dead end. They couldnt sell not even 1K units with their New linea, punto, regular Linea, Tjet. its sad to see their strategy going down.

Octavia numbers are 300. Is it correct? is it an over hyped car? Just 300 units in a month is too low.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 2nd December 2013 at 18:27. Reason: Correcting mistake.

Old 2nd December 2013, 18:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Duster+Nissan combo cashing on poor deliveries of Ecosport.
Ecosport numbers are down. Is it the end of year syndrome or poor delivery issues?
Old 2nd December 2013, 18:46   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice report.
Nissan + Renault has stolen the Ecosport numbers! Ecosport's delivery games backfires.

Maruti's Swift lower numbers are just due to the upcoming facelift. Seems logical.
VW's Polo numbers does'nt show much even after the TSI/ 1.6TDI launches. Crippling delivey issues?

GM has a crippling month so does Nissan except for the Terranao while Duster does the same to Renault.

Cheers!
Old 2nd December 2013, 18:59   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for posting the thread so soon. Miss GTO's summary though.

So Terrano seems to have something going on for it. Its managing to sell approx 2.5k units and at the same time the Duster hasn't lost any major market share too. So that means some other car/cars are suffering the brunt. Can I assume that finally this joint partnership has worked for one car atleast!

Also hasn't Maruti discontinued the Estillo? Its still managing 3 digit sales.
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Parry for the syndicated numbers which is great to review the entire industry at one go. Surely seems like the whole market has shifted at least two gears lower this month.

With the exception of the Alto, the Swift siblings have lost some steam especially the Dzire. Seems to be an effect of the rising delivery numbers of its arch rival and very competent Amaze clocking 7k numbers. Clearly Honda is full steam on this one.

Ford seems to be getting on a greedy drive with exports taking front seat thanks to favourable exchange rate at the cost of domestic market. Wonder how long will customers wait in this case with some regions quoting 1 year for delivery. This is absolutely ridiculous. The very same Ford senior folks before the launch of the vehicle had stated that they would be able to cater to as many customers that would book with them.

the i10 Grand is roving around the Wagon R territory with a well packaged proposition coupled with multiple engine options. The major hit is of course its bigger sibling the i20 than the i10.

Tatas and Mahindras are both on slow motion with every model showing lower numbers than last month. The Duster twins overall cross the 5k marks but again lower than previous months. Seems like the Terrano curiosity might be waning slowly, but its early days.

Cleary year end figures with the hope that January booking gets a turbo boost as always. Till then happy reading and Happy new year in advance!

Last edited by girishglg : 2nd December 2013 at 19:23.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:17   #12
BHPian

This time report came very fast. Like someone said, missing GTO's expert comments. Overall difficult month for automakers. Almost all heavyweights witnessed a fall in sales.
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Parrys for the thread & figures.

Wonder why Honda Amaze is missing from the petrol vs diesel list. Maybe the details were not shared by the company?

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting long posts especially those containing images since this makes things difficult for our small-screen users.

Last edited by noopster : 2nd December 2013 at 22:21. Reason: Refer mod note in post
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:24   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Amaze dives 20% MOM?? Honda wake up!
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

I suppose Ecosports need to improvise their delivery schedules and can afford to divert Figo's production line if it can be done. This might create some artificial demand for Figo's as well. After launching a good product Ford should not goof it up now.

Bolero just seems to be going steady at 8000+ mark, Tata might want to take a leaf out of it and do something about their product lineage. Appears that Tata might lose their 4th Position to Toyota :(
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks