Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2013?
Hyundai Grand i10 115 8.44%
Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) 4 0.29%
Honda Amaze 250 18.36%
Chevrolet Enjoy 6 0.44%
Mahindra Verito Vibe 1 0.07%
Ford EcoSport 696 51.10%
Force Gurkha 5 0.37%
Mahindra e2o 35 2.57%
Isuzu D-Max 1 0.07%
Ashok Leyland Stile 8 0.59%
Nissan Terrano 21 1.54%
Skoda Octavia 152 11.16%
Honda CR-V 2 0.15%
BMW 1-Series 10 0.73%
Mercedes A-Class 32 2.35%
Isuzu MU-7 3 0.22%
Volvo V40 Cross Country 21 1.54%
Voters: 1362. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2013, 12:10   #91
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2013. EDIT : Ford EcoSport it is!

For me it was a close race between Amaze and Ecosport. Both are very good packages and I think offer exactly what their target customers are looking for. Having never driven the Ecosport, I voted for the Amaze, which completely appeals to me.
Old 5th December 2013, 12:18   #92
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Was tempted to vote for EcoSport. No doubt, its a very good car. The only thing that I didnt like about is the smallish size.

Voted for Octavia instead. Purely heart decision. Loved the car inside out..especially the premium feel.
Old 5th December 2013, 12:18   #93
BHPian

Ecosport should win this with ease looking at the initial response. I, however have voted for the Grand i10.

Hyundai had a very successful line of hatchbacks the i10 and the i20. They gauged the market demand to perfection with the i10 being loaded to the brim of very useful and thoughtful features while eliminating the shortcoming of the previous gen i10.

Octavia would come a close second. Looks like a dream car with great engine
Old 5th December 2013, 12:26   #94
BHPian

I voted for Grand i10 for the reason i think the things Hyundai is providing in this price range will make the car makers up there game if they want to compete in the great Indian hatch war. Eco-sport would be 2nd as Ford did the same in their category.
Old 5th December 2013, 12:38   #95
BHPian

Was tempted to go for Amaze initially since it changes the game for Honda and brought it bang on in the Indian market.
But EcoSport has changes the market dynamics with a sub-4m softroader category. With killing value pricing strategy and loaded to the gill with features, it has all the ingredients for the COTY award 2013.
Old 5th December 2013, 13:06   #96
BHPian

Both Ecosport and Amaze are game changers for their respective logos in the Indian market. Only difference is that the Diesel Compact Sedan segment already had decent options available and Amaze has only helped Honda make serious inroads into that space due to a diesel motor now.

Whereas Ecosport takes the compact SUV segment forward in a more affordable way than the Terrano or Duster could not do. From a perspective of impact to the industry itself, Ecosport is definitely a winner between the two.
Old 5th December 2013, 13:51   #97
BHPian

Ecosport has not only managed to win my vote, but also my Cheque. After evaluating many cars from Vento to Duster for over an year, finally settled for Ecosport, delivered last week.
Though I was not fully convinced with the car while the purchasing phase (spoilt by TBHP with the awareness of plus and minus of each car evaluated), I am already quite happy with the decision in just one week.
This car is a clever product, balancing the shortfalls (tight space, sober engine and FE, bouncy ride) with tax leveraged attractive price, generous features, pseudo SUV looks& feel and waiting period game.
Apart from the technicals, I find this a comfy car to sit and drive in the city, just like my outgoing Santro and I vote for that aspect.
Old 5th December 2013, 13:54   #98

Note to Mods:

I am surprised why the Polo GT TSI wasn't even on the list. Its only been launched this year and in my opinion (also shared by many fellow bhpians) is the most pleasurable hatchbacks to drive on our roads.
Old 5th December 2013, 14:27   #99
BHPian

My vote for the EcoSport. There is only one other car (i20) that offers 6 airbags in the same segment. Even the middle variant of ecosport is equipped with ABS and EBD. I am so glad, that for once, an automobile manufacturer gave a serious thought about safety of indian customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamson View Post
Note to Mods:

I am surprised why the Polo GT TSI wasn't even on the list. Its only been launched this year and in my opinion (also shared by many fellow bhpians) is the most pleasurable hatchbacks to drive on our roads.
COTY only includes fresh cars launched in the year. Polo GT TSI technically is not a new launch. Its only an other variant of an existing car. So not included.
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 14:30   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamson View Post
Note to Mods:
I can answer that
It is a new variant of an existing model, and not really new launch in 2013. Same goes for Vento TSI, Polo GT TDI, Volvo S60 etc.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 14:31   #101
BHPian

I voted for the Honda Amaze. No doubt, The Ford Ecosport is a game chager in many ways. But I for one, think that one does not only buy a car for itself, but one buys the manufacturer and its after sales support. This is the only place where the Ecosport lost out for me.

On the other hand, the Honda Amaze, not only brings an amazing product, but the ASS and customer friendlyness is legendary.
Coming from a die hard Hyundai fan (having owned 4 Hyundai cars so far), I would rate the Amaze over the Ecosport.
Old 5th December 2013, 14:52   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
how the Titanium quietly lost 2 features.
Somehow missed that news. Which features did they remove from the spec?
Old 5th December 2013, 15:00   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
One of them I know is the start/stop engine button that now is only available on the titanium plus.
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 15:01   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Push button start and keyless entry. However, Titanium O will have these.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 15:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangelvishal View Post
I voted for the Honda Amaze. No doubt, The Ford Ecosport is a game chager in many ways. But I for one, think that one does not only buy a car for itself, but one buys the manufacturer and its after sales support. This is the only place where the Ecosport lost out for me.

On the other hand, the Honda Amaze, not only brings an amazing product, but the ASS and customer friendlyness is legendary.
Coming from a die hard Hyundai fan (having owned 4 Hyundai cars so far), I would rate the Amaze over the Ecosport.
I should have thought a die hard Hyundai fan would have voted for the Grand i10. I guess you are a Honda fan as well?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks