Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2015, 20:27   #676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by goacom View Post
Folks, what is the consensus? Ford Figo Auto or Maruti Baleno CVT? I want to get a car for my dad. He is around 78 years old and enjoys driving.
Two points in favour of the Baleno: MSIL/Nexa should offer a more hassle-free experience in general (particularly the Nexa angle). Secondly, CVTs have an edge in purely city traffic.

Points in favour of the Figo: Larger engine should be more relaxed when he needs more performance. Ditto for the gearbox, faster shifts will help you put power more easily on the road.

End of the day, it's down to the individual- so please ask your dad to test drive both. Particularly as he's a driving enthusiast, let him pick the one he prefers.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 22:45   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, what is the consensus? Ford Figo Auto or Maruti Baleno CVT? I want to get a car for my dad. He is around 78 years old and enjoys driving. I want to get him an automatic so to make it easier for him as he gets older. We wanted to get a VW TSI, but there is no dealership in Goa at the moment (they shut down) hence we are now looking at the Figo Auto. Apparently the wait time is 45 days. Is this realistic or are they over promising. Total price OTD is just over 8 lakhs.

We are restricting the choice to hatchbacks for ease of parking in the city. In any case he does not make long trips.

Thanks.
Baleno AT just cannot match Figo AT. Figo is 1.5L + DSG(DCT in Ford lingo). Baleno is 1.2L and CVT. CVTs are horribly infamous for their rubberband effects. Why not look at Jazz CVT? Sure, its CVT, too, but Honda has tagged a Torque Converter to it. Plus Jazz is very senior-citizen friendly because of easy ingress/egress and interior space.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 11:42   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, what is the consensus? Ford Figo Auto or Maruti Baleno CVT? I want to get a car for my dad. He is around 78 years old and enjoys driving. I want to get him an automatic so to make it easier for him as he gets older. We wanted to get a VW TSI, but there is no dealership in Goa at the moment (they shut down) hence we are now looking at the Figo Auto. Apparently the wait time is 45 days. Is this realistic or are they over promising. Total price OTD is just over 8 lakhs.

We are restricting the choice to hatchbacks for ease of parking in the city. In any case he does not make long trips.

Thanks.
Everyone is eagerly waiting for the T-BHP review of both the Figo DCT and the Baleno which should give us a great deal of information. We also dont have any ownership thread on the ATs too yet.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 11:46   #679
BHPian

I had been to Ford on Saturday and was told the ABS is only available on the Titanium and not on any other models, however another showroom said that Trend+ did have ABS.
Is there any way I can validate the information, the brochure also did not mention ABS.
Old 1st November 2015, 11:47   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
End of the day, it's down to the individual- so please ask your dad to test drive both. Particularly as he's a driving enthusiast, let him pick the one he prefers.
Important point for Figo is that it has ESP+TC. That combo is tough to oversee when it comes to safety especially if one has to drive in varying conditions. Considering both Figo and Baleno comes with only two airbags for AT version, it makes sense to go for Figo (IMO).

But the CVT will be a boon in city but loses out on the highways if you are spirited driver.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 16:25   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Detailed differences of Trend+ Variant is available for Ford India website. Attaching screenshots below.
Moreover, it confirms that indeed it's official Ford variant and not as per the whims and fancies of the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
I had been to Ford on Saturday and was told the ABS is only available on the Titanium and not on any other models, however another showroom said that Trend+ did have ABS.
Is there any way I can validate the information, the brochure also did not mention ABS.
ABS indeed is only in titanium variant. Here you will find the differences between Trend, Trend+ and Titanium.

This info is available on Ford website and there is an option of compare via differences between variants.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd November 2015 at 07:22. Reason: Removed attachment pointers from quoted post
Old 1st November 2015, 19:37   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

Fresh Pics of the FIGO with 15" Momo Revenge & 195/55 Conti Max Contact 5;

The upgrade has enhanced the side profile so much, as you can see the upsize is now filling the wheel well beautifully;

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446386789.851170.jpg

Uploading 1st picture of the rear stance;

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446386805.988218.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 1st November 2015 at 19:41.
karan561 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 19:45   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

The upgrade has enhanced the side profile so much, as you can see the upsize is now filling the wheel well beautifully;
Looks just perfect Karan. Probably, FORD may well use your idea to upgrade to 15" OEM rims in their next facelift/iteration of the Figo Twins

Your stead really deserves a separate ownership thread filled with loads of pics. Please do the needful at the earliest buddy
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 21:14   #684
BHPian

Quote:

Karan the tyre/alloy looks awesome!
So does your Figo in White.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 22:49   #685

Dear BHPians,
I am in major dilemma between Figo Titanium (D) & Baleno Zeta (D). I had already booked Figo which should be arriving in a week. But now Baleno is giving me sleepless nights! Tried to see and get a TD on 26th, but I couldn't as the dealership (Nexa, Mount road chennai - I guess it is Popular) did not have the vehicle. Now due to my medical condition, I can't even get out of my house for at least another week!

If any of you have done extensive comparison of these two, could you please share? I would like to be as informed as possible by the time I can take the TD of Baleno.

Quote:
Karan561, The Alloys looks awesome. I wasn't initially planning to upgrade the alloys, but now I am tempted. Could you please share the cost and how much you got for your stock alloy/tyre?
kkmans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:52   #686
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Looks just perfect Karan. Probably, FORD may well use your idea to upgrade to 15" OEM rims in their next facelift/iteration of the Figo Twins

Your stead really deserves a separate ownership thread filled with loads of pics. Please do the needful at the earliest buddy
Thanks, yes i'm working on the Figo review, should be ready by mid next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Karan the tyre/alloy looks awesome!
So does your Figo in White.
Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmans View Post

Karan561, The Alloys looks awesome. I wasn't initially planning to upgrade the alloys, but now I am tempted. Could you please share the cost and how much you got for your stock alloy/tyre?
Thanks ! Yes upgrading the wheels and tyres really makes sense, my tip is to save money by not buying the top model & diverting that money towards this upgrade.

The wheels cost aprox 29k INR + Fitting charges & tyres aprox 5400/piece. Regarding old tyres/wheels I'm yet to make payment as currently my tyre guy is working on the difference amount i have to pay, but im expecting to get aprox 2900/ tyre for the old ones & aprox 1k/ wheel.

Shall keep you posted
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:17   #687

im also in a dilema like goacom. I had booked figo 1.5 AT and planning to take delivery 2016. I am not an expert. So far it is 50-50 for me and hard to decide

Figo AT - 1.5 AT is performance driven vehicle compared to baleno. One thing i prefer figo is length and width are smaller compared to baleno. I am sure with baleno it will be be easier to get the better service support. But in chennai ford dealer ship, ford i believe relatively cheaper than dzire. I saw some comparison chart. some info
srini234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 22:22   #688
BHPian

Folks, it looks like the Figo Titanium AT comes with standard halogen lights. How easy is to get off market projector HID lights for such cars in India? If so, what kind of costs would that entail? As this car is for my old dad, I think the added illumination from HID is worth it.

We have decided to go for the Figo AT over the Baleno AT because I think the Figo will outperform the Baleno. Also, the Ford dealership is very close to our home and they come and pick it up for servicing. The VW Polo GT would have been ideal, but alas, they are having dealership woes in Goa. The Baleno with the Turbo engine would have been a contender as well. Fuel economy is not much of an issue for us as my dad only drives around 7500 km per year.

Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2015, 22:50   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, it looks like the Figo Titanium AT comes with standard halogen lights. How easy is to get off market projector HID lights for such cars in India? If so, what kind of costs would that entail? As this car is for my old dad, I think the added illumination from HID is worth it.

We have decided to go for the Figo AT over the Baleno AT because I think the Figo will outperform the Baleno. Also, the Ford dealership is very close to our home and they come and pick it up for servicing. The VW Polo GT would have been ideal, but alas, they are having dealership woes in Goa. The Baleno with the Turbo engine would have been a contender as well. Fuel economy is not much of an issue for us as my dad only drives around 7500 km per year.

Thanks.
Aftermarket HID+Projector kits are quite commonly available and cost on average about 20-25K for a good quality one.

However, these changes carry the risk of voiding the warranty, which is something to avoid, particularly on a new car. If you are going for it, make sure that they install the full it (HID+Projectors+Ballast) and use a separate wiring and relay so that the wiring on the car is not cut and the electrical system is protected.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 23:20   #690
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to drive the Figo DCT over the weekend. The shifts are really smooth and the delay is as expected. Slower than DSG and much faster than the conventional units with torque converter. I was impressed by the 1.5L petrol motor. The Figo is light and it shows. Just have a little patience with the shifts and the motor pulls the car really well. However, the button on the lever to change up or down is not that good to use. I tried it for a few minutes, got bored and reverted back to full auto mode. There is also a Traction Control button on the dash, but I didn't try it.

Quote:
White Fords and Momo Revenge Anthracite goes very well together. The stance is perfect, just wish there was a rear wiper, that's the only thing missing.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks