Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2015, 17:50   #631
BHPian

Re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

So the car has been chosen and the paper work is on its way!
A sneak peak from stock yard.
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-11.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-12.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-13.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-14.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-8.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-10.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-9.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-19.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-4.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-7.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-1.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-3.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-5.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-17.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-new-figo-1.2-p-amb-16.jpg  

johannskaria is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 18:25   #632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
So the car has been chosen and the paper work is on its way! A sneak peak from stock yard.
Thank you for the pictures of the Ambiente variant, this will be useful to many buyers. And congratulations on the car!

A few questions:
  1. Why aren't there any wheel caps? Do they fit it prior to delivery? I just checked your VIN, it lists "14" Wheel Cover (Low Series)" as a fitment.
  2. Can you please take a closer snap of the front grille, since its silver painted? I'd like to see the difference to the chromed grille that comes in the higher variants. This silver grille appears to be less 'blingy'.
  3. In the 4th photo of the tire, I can see what appears to be scrub marks below the ZV2K - can you please check if this is just dirt, or actual damage?

And some observations:
  • A little disappointed with the design of the ICE console. Its size makes it appear like it can support double-DIN units, but the placement of the hazard light button prevents that!
  • The placeholder instead of the tacho looks like its been put there just to rub it in that this variant doesn't have a tacho .
  • This colour allows the black coloured elements (handles, etc.) to blend in unobtrusively and the combination looks nice.

Last edited by arunphilip : 23rd October 2015 at 18:29. Reason: Added VIN check info
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:55   #633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Congrats Karan. Wish you a wonderful ownership experience.

The car looks nice in white as the proportions accentuate. Looking forward to further snaps.

Cheers.
Thanks, yes White does add definition to the car's structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
Heartiest congratulations for your new ride. New Figo looks really smashing in white. Would be eagerly waiting to see how the 15inch rims enhance the stance of this already good looking car.
Thanks, the tyres have arrived too. But there is a delay in registration as in D&NH the RTO is closed (which i thought will be open today) so will get the number only by Monday.
Hence the car is standing at my cousins place in Thane as i can't enter Mumbai because the CRTM is valid only outside Octroi limits.
So, the rims will be put on by Monday eve :(
Old 23rd October 2015, 21:42   #634
BHPian

Took the delivery of my Ford Diesel Titanium (Ruby Red). Pictures and Ownership report coming soon.
Had a not so good delivery experience. I shall share this too.
krsna777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 22:00   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Thank you for the pictures of the Ambiente variant, this will be useful to many buyers. And congratulations on the car!

A few questions:
  1. Why aren't there any wheel caps? Do they fit it prior to delivery? I just checked your VIN, it lists "14" Wheel Cover (Low Series)" as a fitment.
  2. Can you please take a closer snap of the front grille, since its silver painted? I'd like to see the difference to the chromed grille that comes in the higher variants. This silver grille appears to be less 'blingy'.
  3. In the 4th photo of the tire, I can see what appears to be scrub marks below the ZV2K - can you please check if this is just dirt, or actual damage?

And some observations:
  • A little disappointed with the design of the ICE console. Its size makes it appear like it can support double-DIN units, but the placement of the hazard light button prevents that!
  • The placeholder instead of the tacho looks like its been put there just to rub it in that this variant doesn't have a tacho .
  • This colour allows the black coloured elements (handles, etc.) to blend in unobtrusively and the combination looks nice.

Hey thank you !
Its for my grand parents though.

Q's
  • They are fitted prior to delivery, am not sure of which wheel cover though.
  • I wish I could've but I haven't taken the delivery of the car and the stockyard is a good 40+ km from where I stay. I would see the car only on next thursday again! So will take it on that day. The matte silver finish is good and exceeded my expectation and is a good fit for a white or silver car.
  • That's dirt!

Observations
  • An aftermarket single/double din system looks like Martian on earth. The Ford system fits best, I haven't been able to find any other alternative.
  • i totally agree on the Tacho metre
  • Even though the handles and the side mirrors will blend in , The matte black (Cannot be painted!) reverse sensors will affect the rear bumper aesthetics.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 10:11   #636
BHPian

When is the official Team-BHP review of the Figo going live? We were the first one's to get Aspire's. Looking forward.
Old 24th October 2015, 12:32   #637
BHPian

I was watching this video (mainly for acceleration shootouts, I don't trust the other things said in the video completely),

Start from 3:21

The 1.5 TDCi seems to be a great all rounder (based on video, haven't driven it). The way it picks up like an NA petrol below 1500 RPM and the way it shoots past 1500 RPM is too good for the price at which it is sold. It just demolishes the others in both outright and in gear acceleration.
The base/Ambiente Ford Figo 1.5 TDCi is gonna be THE budget driver's car for a long time to come

PS Tata Bolt's 0-100 figures are sort of difficult to believe.
theredliner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 14:16   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Just took delivery from the stockyard;

Attachment 1429885

Attachment 1429886

Hi karan561,

Congratulations on your purchase!
The car looks gorgeous in white.
By the way, were you at the Talegaon-Chakan road on thursday 22nd October?
I think I saw you with the car there,maybe I am mistaken.
Old 24th October 2015, 14:45   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyKing_775 View Post
Hi karan561,

Congratulations on your purchase!
The car looks gorgeous in white.
By the way, were you at the Talegaon-Chakan road on thursday 22nd October?
I think I saw you with the car there,maybe I am mistaken.
Hey Thanks

Nope, it wasn't me
Old 26th October 2015, 14:50   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
Thanks for checking it out. So have you decided between the new Figo and Aspire, in case you are buying. Feedback from fellow city-bhpians will always be helpful. I am waiting for pricing and TD of Baleno to take final call.
I believe you will have some sleepless nights deciding between the Figo and Baleno now, eh? It's a good dilemma to be in actually.

I am still awaiting registration number for my Figo so haven't driven extensively. Just to chip in though, whatever I have driven is within city and during peak hours in the evening. This was a complete non-tiring experience with an impression that you are driving a petrol untill you get an empty stretch and you floor it to have a smile of satisfaction.

I will report back with the highway manners of the car on the weekend after a trip to Mumbai.
Old 26th October 2015, 15:59   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I will report back with the highway manners of the car on the weekend after a trip to Mumbai.
Please report in on the fuel economy too.
Hoping to see you around in Mumbai.
Old 26th October 2015, 16:13   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
So the car has been chosen and the paper work is on its way!
A sneak peak from stock yard.
How is the suspension setup of the new car. I just confirmed that the Base and Ambienete models do not have a stabiliser bar / anti-roll bar (whereas the website says that it does) and I want how the car behaves on bad roads.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 17:36   #643
Distinguished - BHPian

The RTO in D&NH Was closed on Friday & Saturday due to elections and then Mohram so today finally got the car registered & its home

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445861069.125568.jpg
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445861182.112385.jpg
karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 18:13   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The RTO in D&NH Was closed on Friday & Saturday due to elections and then Mohram so today finally got the car registered & its home
Congrats brother, looks sweet in this white shade. A good set of alloys and wider tyres would complete the side profile and weigh up the steering. Time to edit your signature eh
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 18:49   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I believe you will have some sleepless nights deciding between the Figo and Baleno now, eh? It's a good dilemma to be in actually.
You're absolutely right. Though, now I'm in a totally new level of dilemma:
Baleno 1.2P vs Baleno 1.0 turbocharged
Most probably I'll book Baleno 1.2P since I am fed up of waiting now and even though the Nexa RM said that turbocharged Baleno could be launched by Nov-Dec, I doubt it since he stated many facts incorrectly. Also, what if Maruti actually charges Nexa Premium on the turbocharged Baleno.

As far as Figo vs Baleno is concerned, I think I made the right choice by waiting, since I was looking for a spacious, good looking VFM petrol hatchback with no compromise on safety features and the Figo petrol was not so exciting when it came to overall performance, headroom, seating 3 at the rear. Figo diesel is a completely different story and wins hands down! But my current running doesn't justify buying a diesel and that too at the 1L premium that it commands.

Quote:
I am still awaiting registration number for my Figo so haven't driven extensively. Just to chip in though, whatever I have driven is within city and during peak hours in the evening. This was a complete non-tiring experience with an impression that you are driving a petrol until you get an empty stretch and you floor it to have a smile of satisfaction.

I can see the looong smile on teemus's face
Great to know that you are immensely happy with the car, the 100bhp TDCi is hands down the best performing lag-free VFM diesel hatchback. You have made the correct choice! Waiting for pics,pics and some more pics. And an initial ownership report would be an icing on the cake :-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks