Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2014, 23:40   #61
BHPian

Re: Fiat @ Auto Expo 2014

The old Linea has a certain timeless look which is not matched by the upgrade. The interiors are definitely a plus. When I bought the Linea in 09 - the only other options in that category were the SX4, the aging Verna and the City - no Vento, Scala, Sunny, Rapid. Would I have still bought the Linea if those were available? Probably not? Do I regret my decision? Not at all - it has been a fine car. Shame its sales are so low.
Old 10th February 2014, 02:52   #62
BHPian

Wow!!! the Avventura is a real surprise from Fiat. Absolutely stunning features, if only they can keep it in production version, I am sure it will burn the sales chart.. But no Punto Aabarth!!! was really looking for that launch..

Last edited by asdon : 10th February 2014 at 02:55.
Old 10th February 2014, 09:17   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
In which variant did you see this Cruise control stalk? T-Jet/Multijet?
I took pictures in the T-Jet, but can confirm that the stalk was visible even in the MultiJet variant parked closeby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks for the report Karthik. That indeed looks like a much needed update, especially the interiors. Have they provided any additional storage spaces?
I couldn't spot any additional storage spaces. The armrest has been shortened from the previous version, so there is actually a loss of storage space . Didn't check the glovebox compartment, let me see if I can get a picture today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Thanks Karthik for your detailed comparison.
I personally like exterior design both front & rear of new Linea, at least in the pictures. Interiors are a huge improvement as well and looks quite upmarket.
Thanks S.MJet

Quote:
Want do you feel about Avventura.

How does that spare wheel looks in person. Looking at the pictures I feel it's quite bulky & does not gel with the otherwise stunning looks.
The concept looks amazing in person. The spare wheel is well integrated and can be opened independently from the hatch door. I couldn't get too many pics of the avventura since there was a stampede nearby. I'll see if I can get some shots today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
If you listen carefully to each and every word of that Fiat Linea Commercial, you certainly will feel proud if you own one. Still one of the best cars available to buy in this country.

"If you still like driving, we are still ahead" - Fiat Linea 2014
There is something wrong with the english used in that phrase. It sounds better without the first "still" in my opinion.

'If you like driving, we're still ahead'
would have sounded better. Why 'still like driving, we're still ahead'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Though the Abarth 500 looked great form the exteriors, but i found it really funny that i couldn't even accommodate myself (6 ft) in the car.
I just went & casually entered from the passenger side, & hurt my self with my knees hitting the dash
That wasn't enough, my friend was at the back seat and when i tried to adjust my seat backwards, the poor guy yelled at me in pain..
Strange. I am 6'1" and could accommodate myself comfortably in the seat with some adjustment of pushing the seat back. Can't really be concerned about the back seat space in a 2-door 500. How did your friend climb into the back seat at all in the first place?? That itself sounds like mission impossible, just kidding.
KarthikK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 09:51   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Strange. I am 6'1" and could accommodate myself comfortably in the seat with some adjustment of pushing the seat back. Can't really be concerned about the back seat space in a 2-door 500. How did your friend climb into the back seat at all in the first place?? That itself sounds like mission impossible, just kidding.
I suppose all this happened because i was so busy clicking pictures on my phone, without even realising that the seat is adjusted very close to the dash in the first place & then without knowing that my friend is at the back pulling the seat backwards.

I guess he must have jumped on to the back, like we used to do in good old bachpan days, when going to the back seat or coming to the front seat was done inside the car it self, without even opening the doors. If you know what i mean
Old 10th February 2014, 12:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Spare wheel does not look bad at all IMO. I guess most of them will be sold only because of the presence of this wheel. Personally, I would prefer one without the wheel on the hatch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Want do you feel about Avventura.

How does that spare wheel looks in person. Looking at the pictures I feel it's quite bulky & does not gel with the otherwise stunning looks.
Sourav, I respect your personal opinion, but the spare wheel gives the car a bold and rugged character. The rear mounted spare wheel was a compulsion to give the car a SUV'ish look, otherwise the rear would look like a Punto.

In this country the rear mounted spare wheel is inseperable from the concept of any SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Karthik,
No better person than you to compare the two versions of the Linea. IMO the HU looks very basic, hope atleast the speakers get upgraded in the facelifted version. The engine badging in the place of turn indicators look totally out of place. Also no extra cubby holes, the usual ones only can be seen. Do the doors have the 1 lts bottle holding provision?
The Linea does not have the bottle holders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I took pictures in the T-Jet, but can confirm that the stalk was visible even in the MultiJet variant parked closeby.
I am waiting for the time when the existing owners can get the Cruise Control added through the dealership.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 14:35   #66
BHPian

If someone already has information one way or other, can you please tell me if there are plans for automatic in the face-lifted Linea? While cruise control is good, I think automatic + cruise control would be even better combination.
Old 10th February 2014, 21:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I am waiting for the time when the existing owners can get the Cruise Control added through the dealership.
I highly doubt if this would be as easy as we think. Adding the cruise control stalk alone will not suffice, the ECU in the car has to support the CC as well.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 08:26   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I highly doubt if this would be as easy as we think. Adding the cruise control stalk alone will not suffice, the ECU in the car has to support the CC as well.
ECU of Linea T-jet already has cruise control (I don't know about other Linea models though). It was just that Fiat chose not to offer it back then, for reasons best known to them. Google with keywords "Linea Cruise Control" and you will even get a YouTube video on how to enable it.

Of course, kiss your warranty goodbye once you enable it
Old 11th February 2014, 08:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Forbes interview with Nagesh Basavanhalli, President and MD, Fiat Chrysler India:

" Now we are five products. Fiat is no longer a two-product company. Now you’ve got the Linea Classic, the Punto, the new Linea, new Punto, Aventura and the Abarth 500..."

http://forbesindia.com/article/auto-...owdown/37125/1
Wonder why Fiat did not showcase the car when they are impending to launch that car.

Quote:
Fiat did not unveil the New Punto in this Auto show. They will be announcing/launching the new Punto very soon as per their MD Mr. Nagesh Basavanhalli. Have a look at the video posted by me couple of pages back.
Was trying hard to look for the New Punto but I couldn't find one but found a mention for the New Linea video.

Can you please redirect to the post that has the new Punto.
Old 11th February 2014, 10:47   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
ECU of Linea T-jet already has cruise control (I don't know about other Linea models though). It was just that Fiat chose not to offer it back then, for reasons best known to them. Google with keywords "Linea Cruise Control" and you will even get a YouTube video on how to enable it.

I know that there is CC in T-Jet version. But, do get to know that the ECU in T-Jet and MJD are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Can you please redirect to the post that has the new Punto.
Here you go. The launch video from Fiat India. Pay attention to the video from 05:00.

rameshnanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 12:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
ECU of Linea T-jet already has cruise control (I don't know about other Linea models though). It was just that Fiat chose not to offer it back then, for reasons best known to them.

Quote:
I know that there is CC in T-Jet version. But, do get to know that the ECU in T-Jet and MJD are different.
Ramesh you already know very well that Rajan has done it in his Tjet and a few others have also done it in their Tjets. I have been following Rajan's thread and know that adding a CC stalk will not do the job.

I sincerely pray that he succeeds in cracking the MJD soon. A lot of people will follow suit (hopefully), and I know you too are interested.

Rohan, that is exactly why I would like to get it done through the dealership. Firstly your warranty is intact and secondly there is no risk of frying the ECU by trying DIY.
Old 12th February 2014, 11:29   #72
BHPian

A couple of images I clicked of the new Linea:

1) The centre console with music system and the usual controls plus boot release button - note some buttons on top row with no markings (could be select on screen type). On top one can also see air volume controls for the A/C vents

Fiat @ Auto Expo 2014-imag1367.jpg

2) The glovebox - decently spacious with a separate roundish storage compartment on the top left which I mistook for an AC vent at first sight.

Fiat @ Auto Expo 2014-imag1366.jpg
jessie007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 15:43   #73
BHPian

Avventura looks stunning. Has a very good rear profile as well, the spare wheel on the tail gate adds to the macho look. Also they've made the already good looking Linea, the best looking Linea yet (hijacked from Apple )
Old 12th February 2014, 16:22   #74
BHPian

Like many posts before in this thread, I am also happy to see the 500, Abarth or not.
Good also to read about local assembly - possible lower price and availability of spares.
I read about a owners horror tale to get spares for 500. I also hope this will be available soon.

Whatever happened to new Palio by FIAT? There were reports about it, weren't they?
Old 13th February 2014, 08:46   #75
BHPian

I saw an ad 3-4 days back in the Times of India Bangalore for discounts on a "2014 Linea"

There was also mention of a 5-year warranty, free reverse-parking or GPS, free insurance etc.

I'm not sure if this is for the yet-to-be-launched model or the older 2013 stock.

Anyone know if the speakers have been given an upgrade in the new Linea? I was pleasantly surprised to see the HU upgrade, but no news on the speakers and the ones on the present model suck IMHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks