Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2006, 01:02   #46
BHPian

Overall nice interior but I am not very impressed with the exterior they have tried hard to make it look good but in my views wagon r still remains one of the ugliest car in India Hyundai santro Xing looks still much better
Old 23rd July 2006, 11:44   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
ABS, Airbags, ERVM and new interiors without any price increase....
ERVM and new interiors, yes - but ABS and airbags were as before - optional in Vxi.

The price hike is just around the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon
saw one today........ on an whole nice changes, but front seems to be bit overdone with those lights n grill.
- the front really belongs to a larger car.
Old 23rd July 2006, 12:49   #48
BHPian

Hey ,yesteday it was shown on some auto show and the new wagaon R was good. Larger headlights good leg space. they have changed the dashboard. Now its got kinda silver finish on some parts on the dashboard. the stearing wheel looks better than the old one. looks great than the old one though.
Wow good gear knob as well as a standard fitting.
Old 23rd July 2006, 13:31   #49
Senior - BHPian

I really dont like the Chinese-inspired front end and the gear lever with the cover not even reaching the knob. Looks like the lever on my 800. The addition of the safety features is more than welcome, and it may now make it the lowest priced car to be equiped with them. That alone is enough for me to give it some serious thought.
Old 24th July 2006, 01:46   #50
SLK
Senior - BHPian

pretty ok....
but.. actually nothing new... except the .. electric rear view mirrors.
Old 24th July 2006, 01:55   #51
BHPian

It's a joke-how Maruti keeps flogging the same old cars with new 'variants'. Most of its variants change the upholstery color, redesign the grill, add a dash of chrome, or something like that equally inconsequential.

When would Martui try to be innovative?
Old 24th July 2006, 09:01   #52
BHPian

I saw the car on cars and bike show...
looks great...
loked the grill and lights...
its looking like a suv but smaller one...lol
i loved it...

thinking of picking up the LPG one...
thinking of waiting for santro to react. after that i will take a step...
Old 24th July 2006, 09:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabcd
It's a joke-how Maruti keeps flogging the same old cars with new 'variants'. Most of its variants change the upholstery color, redesign the grill, add a dash of chrome, or something like that equally inconsequential.

When would Martui try to be innovative?

Even i am not a big fan of Maruti's "all new" designs, but this time they have gone a step ahead, and if you happen to own an old wagonR (which i do) you will know that some of the changes they have made were badly needed.
The remote tailgate opener, 3-spoke steering wheel, bigger and electrical rvms, redesigned front seats (yes they have been totally redesigned and are more comfortable than the previous ones which lacked any support), the rotatory A/C controls which were badly missing, are some big improvements.. Not to forget the Tachometer!
Old 24th July 2006, 09:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hey deceite,

my vx has the tachometer as well as a kenwood maruti music system.

I am seriously mulling on this option.

1. Whether get a better price for my car now.
or
2. Get a better price for the new car some months later.

is the question.
Old 27th July 2006, 03:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
But IMHO Maruti should have tweaked the 1061cc engine a little like Hyundai did with Santro (erlx) to make it more peppy.
Well apparently the new Wagon R petrol is not just a cosmetic makeover, but has a 10% better FE than the outgoing model. Anybody know how they achieved this? Did'nt see any mention of technical changes.
Old 27th July 2006, 03:48   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Well apparently the new Wagon R petrol is not just a cosmetic makeover, but has a 10% better FE than the outgoing model. Anybody know how they achieved this? Did'nt see any mention of technical changes.
I seriously doubt it though I did hear Jagdish Khattar saying this in an interview. The engine has undergone no change. So unless the weight of teh car has been lowered, I don't know how it can be 10% more fuel efficient. 10% means a jump of 1-1.5 kmpl.
Old 27th July 2006, 04:42   #57
Team-BHP Support

Very much possible with a remap. Also if the new one is more aerodynamic, it would translate to much better highway fuel efficieny
Old 27th July 2006, 14:53   #58
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
if you happen to own an old wagonR (which i do) you will know that some of the changes they have made were badly needed.
The remote tailgate opener, 3-spoke steering wheel, bigger and electrical rvms, redesigned front seats (yes they have been totally redesigned and are more comfortable than the previous ones which lacked any support), the rotatory A/C controls which were badly missing, are some big improvements.. Not to forget the Tachometer!
We just checked out the WagonR at the local maruti dealer. The interior is better than before, the 3 spoke steering is awesome, the rotary controls on AC was a MUST and is nice. The wagonR felt very bright and airy after driving around in a swift!! I think the "DUO" version with the clever OEM LPG kitt is gonna ROCK!!
Old 28th July 2006, 17:06   #59
BHPian

I think the New WagonR looks stupid comapred to the old one, they have just messed up with the looks. I find the old one better looking wheras the new one has too much of forced styling.

Last edited by adya33 : 29th July 2006 at 16:39.
Old 28th July 2006, 22:34   #60
BANNED

We just booked the new WagonR Lxi- petrol. We are yet to decide on the color. Do you guys know if the new WagonR LXi has body colored bumpers?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks