Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2014, 20:16   #16
BHPian

re: Special edition XUV500. EDIT: Now with Pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraxx View Post
I have the pics on my phone. Not sure if its fine to share such spy pics.
I don't think there is a issue. But if it was handed over to you by a Mahindra employee, be careful.
Old 21st May 2014, 20:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have the pics on my phone. Not sure if its fine to share such spy pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
I don't think there is a issue. But if it was handed over to you by a Mahindra employee, be careful.
Go ahead and share it for the benefit of all members. Just do not share the source or person name as the company might take disciplinary action on him.

Note: A limited edition is not a NASA Secret or somebody's SSN number that one would be jailed for leaking it. If so, all Scoops are illegal then.

I would say, if M&M have pulled a good job, that should ensure good sales numbers. Like i have mentioned previously, profit margins are higher in limited editions, so it would make M&M happy if a W8 customer opts for the limited edition. M&M would have a concern if it tarnishes the image or paints a black picture. In fact sharing the images would actually complement sales. So if the decision makers at M&M are sensible (no office politics), i dont think M&M should have a concern.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 21st May 2014 at 20:38.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 20:51   #18

OK folks, here you go :

Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-a1.jpg
Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-a2.jpg
Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-a3.jpg
Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-a4.jpg
Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-a5.jpg
Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-a6.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd May 2014 at 10:31. Reason: Adding watermark
rahulraxx is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 20:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Note: A limited edition is not a NASA Secret or somebody's SSN number that one would be jailed for leaking it. If so, all Scoops are illegal then.
Agree with you, but information is one of the major asset of any business so companies treat information leaks very seriously.

Like any other member, I too want to see the images. Just waiting...!
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 21:25   #20
SDP
Team-BHP Support

As expected, its going to be a sticker job with some exterior-interior combination that has anyway no logical reason for not being available earlier. Sigh.

I dream of a special edition XUV which has a real special color...e.g. sporty-yellow (which was showcased in some event) or a matte army-green with black alloys. The Super-XUV color combination is also pretty nice.

If Mahindras can come out with a rally-spec suspension, roll-cage and a engine tuned to churn out more BHP, that would be a really drool-worthy "special-edition" .
Special Edition Mahindra XUV5OO. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 13.68 lakh-1013409_494058987346337_1883017917_n.jpg

Last edited by SDP : 21st May 2014 at 21:29.
Old 21st May 2014, 21:46   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OK folks, here you go :
From the interior pics I see no leather and no change in interior colour scheme. No leather means that this could be the W6 variant kitted with alloys, stickers and some other stuff to increase W6 sales. Majority sales appear to be W8.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 21:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ok, I might be going out on a limb here, but that looks really, really bad. Especially the red trimming on the wheels.
AyAn! is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 22:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Ok, I might be going out on a limb here, but that looks really, really bad. Especially the red trimming on the wheels.
My thoughts as well. What's with all the red! I think this is a W8.
Old 21st May 2014, 22:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK folks, here you go :
Rahul, If this is a 'Special Edition' then I think M&M should revise their plans. What is so exclusive in this model ? The stickers can be made from a good after market shop and the Red design on alloys remind me of the reflectors that were placed in the cycle's wheel.

To further enhance this weird look the number plate strip in Red looks purely ugly. Hence, a suggestion from my side, post this car on weird and wacky thread and it will get the right response over it.

2 Tone interiors don't seem exclusive either. So, overall I really fail to figure out the Specialty of this edition of XUV.

OT: Is it just me or the Indian car companies have actually lost the flair of designing since I have come across some awful special editions of vehicles in recent past.

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 22:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK folks, here you go :
Very sad - The aftermarket sticker shop wold have done a better job IMHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I dream of a special edition XUV which has a real special color...e.g. sporty-yellow (which was showcased in some event) or a matte army-green with black alloys. The Super-XUV color combination is also pretty nice. If Mahindras can come out with a rally-spec suspension, roll-cage and a engine tuned to churn out more BHP, that would be a really drool-worthy "special-edition".
They could but they would price it so high (21 ish lacs)that it would be a sales dud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
From the interior pics I see no leather and no change in interior colour scheme. No leather means that this could be the W6 variant kitted with alloys, stickers and some other stuff to increase W6 sales. Majority sales appear to be W8.
Do companies really worry about the variant sale of a particular model? I see lot of basic Xylos and Sumos sold to fleet operators compared to top end (H9) model. Also, Innova ZX sells lesser compared to the E and G models. I was under the impression that the company would make more profit on thier flagship variant compared to thier basic variant.

Also - the trend seems to be to launch higher variants than lower variants. Example Xylo launched and H9, over the E8 compared to E1 or Innova launched ZX compared to a "D" variant below "E". Same was with Scorpio where VLX trim was launched above SLX Trim. XUV w4 & aria pure seems to be the only models to introduce lower priced variants and Tata has lost the "premiumness" of the Aria owing to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
My thoughts as well. What's with all the red! I think this is a W8.
W8 with cloth / fabric seats - highly unlikely.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 21st May 2014 at 22:42.
Old 21st May 2014, 22:43   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Do companies really worry about the variant sale of a particular model? I see lot of basic Xylos and Sumos sold to fleet operators compared to top end (H9) model. Also, Innova ZX sells lesser compared to the E and G models. I was under the impression that the company would make more profit on thier flagship variant compared to thier basic variant.

XUV w4 & aria pure seems to the only models to introduce lower priced variants and Tata has lost the "premiumness" of the Aria owing to that.
The variant sales are important that is why Mahindra launched the W4 variant.

Sometimes the top end variants are priced quite well and it's the lower variants that bring in the margins.

If your sales show W8 as huge majority of sales then you are losing money on W6 manufacturing costs. You may as well not have the W6 at all and save on manufacturing. Simplifies the whole process.

If you see most of the limited editions/stickers job are on lower variants and not the top end model. Maruti keeps coming with special edition on L and V models. Skoda and VW have Ultima and IPL edition. Toyota has some aero version. These are all to push sales of the lower trims.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 22:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

This looks whacky for sure but guys lets not forget, Indian junta likes such stuff. Live proof, see the number of Swift RS's on the road in Mumbai, the white Swift with blue body kit and ackward graphics and black wheel caps. This XUV will fall in the same group!
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 03:06   #28
BHPian

Great plans mahindra! You just made the cheetah look like a wannabe cheetah. Red bits here and there? Looks hideous. specially the red stickers or whatsoever on the alloys. Looks totally out of place.
Old 22nd May 2014, 07:06   #29
BHPian

I agree it looks tacky. I was also hoping for something beyond decals.

But coming back to as to why M&M or any other manufacturer may want to keep this under wraps, is precisely the sort of negative reactions we have seen in this thread.
Old 22nd May 2014, 07:16   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
This looks whacky for sure but guys lets not forget, Indian junta likes such stuff. Live proof, see the number of Swift RS's on the road in Mumbai, the white Swift with blue body kit and ackward graphics and black wheel caps. This XUV will fall in the same group!
Had they provided those Swift "RS's" () with some decent alloys to go with, that would have still looked better/ good. Currently, it's in no man's land! I'd blame this completely on the blackened wheel caps!

- Shivang Gandotra

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks