Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:33   #91
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Hyundai testing i20 Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The Alloys look a bit too much like the Avventura.
Exactly! Except for the small cut at the outer edge of the wheel, it looks more or less same.

I like the styling on this one and the shade of brown looks really nice! Also the lamps at the tail of the car (on the bumper) adds a classy touch!

Well done, Hyundai!
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:44   #92
BANNED

Too much decorations on a sub-4m car makes it gaudy. In this car, the roof rails are the main culprit.
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

Looks nice from the side but the rear is a disaster in my opinion thanks to those humongous fog lamps , they look like ulcers!
Old 23rd February 2015, 15:03   #94
BHPian

The vehicle needs bigger wheels - or at least more negative offset - in order to fill out the arches better. The visual bulk is a bit much for the current wheel size, methinks.

Another wish list would be the European style front grill, which has more depth compared to this one. Would take the car over 4000 mm, though
Old 23rd February 2015, 16:26   #95
Senior - BHPian

The front looks good compared to the hideous rear of the car.
The round lamps do not favour the curvy design of the i20.
Old 25th February 2015, 20:57   #96
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai has officially confirmed that it will reveal the Active i20 next month. The pseudo SUV - based on the B2 segment Elite i20 has been crafted at Hyundai’s design centre in Russelsheim, Germany. The crossover will take on the likes of the Fiat Avventura, Volkswagen Cross Polo and Toyota Etios Cross and the global debut will take place in India.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Scoop! Hyundai testing i20 Cross-ib_cross_rendering3.jpg

Scoop! Hyundai testing i20 Cross-ib_cross_rendering2.jpg
Tushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 12:40   #97
Senior - BHPian

The production version is a far cry from the sketch! Looks puny in comparison
These crossovers haven't done that well, have they? What does the i20 Active bring to the table that the equivalent Polo, Etios and Punto crosses don't?
Old 26th February 2015, 12:56   #98
Team-BHP Support

I feel most of these crossovers are quite gimmicky in terms of any real value add. They usually do look nicer though (this is subjective of course). So if someone wants a funkier version of the corresponding hatch and willing to pay the premium, then that's the only reason to pick the crossover. Other than that, no real difference.
Old 26th February 2015, 13:06   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
The production version is a far cry from the sketch! Looks puny in comparison
These crossovers haven't done that well, have they? What does the i20 Active bring to the table that the equivalent Polo, Etios and Punto crosses don't?
One thing it has got is that it sells well in the normal version compared to the other three. I guess even if they are put together, the sales won't equal the i20 numbers.

Another sales opportunity for Hyundai by adding a little more features at a bigger price point maybe? I like that they added projectors to the car and there is also talks of the drive being different compared to its normal version.

These are big changes IMHO.
Old 26th February 2015, 17:57   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I feel most of these crossovers are quite gimmicky in terms of any real value add. They usually do look nicer though (this is subjective of course). So if someone wants a funkier version of the corresponding hatch and willing to pay the premium, then that's the only reason to pick the crossover. Other than that, no real difference.
As someone looking forward to the i20 Active, I find the projector headlamps and DRLs as important features in this car. As someone averse to modifying the car, I am really happy that I get these features out of the factory. The increased GC is also a blessing in a city like Bangalore with unscientific speed-breakers and dangerous craters in most roads. Not saying that the Elite i20 scraps them, but extra is always welcome.

Other than that, the cladding and roof rails are fancy stuff which I am not interested in. Believe me, very few who buy this product are ACTUALLY attracted by them. Most of the lot buy this for different reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Another sales opportunity for Hyundai by adding a little more features at a bigger price point maybe? I like that they added projectors to the car and there is also talks of the drive being different compared to its normal version.

These are big changes IMHO.
Totally agree!!! I find factory fitter projectors and DRLs to be very good features. I am wondering what difference they have brought to the drive. Engines are the same and GC is increased. Hope the raised GC does not spoil the already not-so-sorted drive. Are they planning to give hydraulic steering by any chance??
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 10:26   #101
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai has announced that it will launch the i20 Active in India on March 18, 2015.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 20:03   #102
BHPian

Holding back on my i20 booking now that I have seen this news!! I do hope the car drives as well as it looks albeit the increased GC and that the roof rails are truly usable and not just for the aesthetics of it.
Old 6th March 2015, 13:32   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
Holding back on my i20 booking now
+1. For one, I am looking forward to this and the ix25. Though the new i20 elite looks smashing, to be honest, did not like the fact that they cut down on a couple of things.
1. 6 airbags are no more available. This, despite the price hike over the older version. This is a deal breaker for me
2. Of all the technical marvels that this car brings in, why oh why did they have to remove the FE indicator from the MID. Not a deal breaker, but will be sorely missed

Here's to hoping that the i20 Active and ix25 don't disappoint in the above departments. I agree these 2 are different models altogether and borrow their styling inspiration from different platforms, but here's to hoping that Hyundai will not skimp on the safety features.
Old 11th March 2015, 18:36   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai i20 Active to get 190mm ground clearance.

Scoop! Hyundai testing i20 Cross-0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_extraimages_20150311055452_active2.jpg

Quote:
The Hyundai i20 Active will come with a 1.4-litre diesel engine mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, while the 1.2-litre petrol motor comes with a five-speed manual gearbox. However, the engines could see a slight bump up in power for both, diesel and petrol models. An automatic variant is on the cards as well, but that will come later in the life of the car
source:ACI

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th March 2015 at 18:39.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 19:24   #105
BHPian

@Mods

Looks like ACI is in Goa to drive the i20 Active. Not sure if this is the media drive happening. Saw this in ACI twitter handle and wanted to share here. Is Team-BHP also there driving the new car or is ACI is getting a exclusive first drive here. Please do let us know your updates if you are also there. For me Team-BHP gives the most unbiased and detailed views on each car.

Attached the pic below.

Name:  ACI_i20_Active.png
Views: 1371
Size:  49.6 KB

Thanks!!!

Last edited by Vigkey : 11th March 2015 at 19:28.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks