Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2017, 09:53   #931
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.

Uber is officially a transport company and not a digital service, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) has ruled.

Source : BBC
Old 22nd December 2017, 14:20   #932
BANNED

It seems Uber customer care has gone down the drain. After a recent conversation with them, it feels telecom customer cares are much better.

The scene:
Last evening, I booked an Uber Go from my office to home. The driver reached at my location on time and the journey begins.

In-between he stopped at some garage, upon inquiry, he mentioned he needed to purchase diesel filter. He went out and came back after 5 min. He told me, the filter was not available. He again stopped near another garage; mid trip. This time I told him firmly to drop me first and then he could do as much of garage hopping as he want. But he ignored and went to buy his filter, leaving me in cab.

Nevertheless, I got dropped at my home after 20 min delay.

The aftermath:

Fired an complain to Uber support in their app. What follows is in screenshot attachments, please have a coffee and enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.-ubercomplain.jpg  

The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.-uberreply.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th February 2019 at 13:54. Reason: Edited post for better readability
PetrolRider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 01:32   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
It seems Uber customer care has gone down the drain.....Fired an complain to Uber support in their app. What follows is in screenshot attachments, please have a coffee and enjoy.
Agree with you PetrolRider, off-late any concerns raised elicit only stereo-typed replies, with no reference to the context!

I wonder if there is any redresal mechanism at all, or if the time has come to start escalating matters to the local transport commissioners!
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 07:41   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
It seems Uber customer care has gone down the drain.
=========
Fired an complain to Uber support in their app. What follows is in screenshot attachments, please have a coffee and enjoy.
This appears to be a BOT response and not someone with actual hands typing! They seem to have picked few keywords from your mail and phrased a template response. Offlate Amazon too has started writing things back to me which is no way related to my concern in first place. So I always write back asking , are you stupid or not read my mail entirely ? Then I get a 'human' response.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th January 2018 at 18:11. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.
Thilak29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 17:44   #935
BHPian

The quickest way to get response from Uber is to tweet and tag them. you case would be resolved in couple of hours max!

their email support is so pathetic, every time you reply, a new agent gets assigned and they reply with the same copy paste response without even bothering to understand the context or concern!

So tweet away!
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 18:23   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
This appears to be a BOT response and not someone with actual hands typing!
A lot of companies are doing this, and I find it extremely insensible. These guys pay the BPO employees less than Rs. 20k a month and one employee can at least respond to 80 emails of this sort in a day within 6 hours of work. The company must be paying millions to the software vendor or engineers who supplied this half baked chatbot system. Customer service is the most important area for any service company and the supposedly elite school educated managers at Uber and similar companies think that eliminating that human interface will help them save a few hundred thousand dollars across India and earn brownie points.

Something similar happened with me as well with a company called Grab, which is the Uber competitor in Singapore. I never got it resolved because the email was inscrutable and pursuing them was not worth it. In the end they would perhaps offer me a discount code for a service I did not want to use anymore.

I don't understand why a customer has to shout on social media to get a basic concern addressed. Most companies will automate their customer response system to save costs soon. If everyone has to resort to social media to get a grievance redressed, they will become immune to that as well.
Nissan1180 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 22:35   #937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
I don't understand why a customer has to shout on social media to get a basic concern addressed.

Hope they give up and go away
is certainly not new. It is just that now it has been automated.

Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 21:09   #938
Senior - BHPian

Ola has, in addition to expanding its services in Australia, planned to launch a water taxi service in Assam.

Quote:
Assam transport minister Chandra Mohan Patowary on Sunday said his government is likely to sign a MoU with cab service provider Ola to run a river taxi service in the state...

We are going have a deal with Ola in the next few months. They will conduct experiments to ascertain the water behaviour of Brahmaputra before beginning the sevice. There will also be a night navigation system in place. But once it begins, this will be a great help for the people travelling to airport or Palashbari as it will be much faster than the time taken by road," the minister added...

The machine-operated boats which will operate as a part of the service are faster than normal boats, with better safety measures for passengers. These high-speed river taxis can cross the river Brahmaputra in just two minutes from Fancy Bazar ghat to north Guwahati.
Pretty bold steps for a young Indian startup.

Source

Last edited by dailydriver : 30th January 2018 at 21:28.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 22:15   #939
BHPian

The Indian Taxi Revolution - Uber, Ola, TaxiforSure, Meru etc.

In Bangalore there was a recent ordinance revising taxi fare guidelines and one of the guideline was to not charge time based fees. However I dont see anyone complying with this new fare system although the fares have already increased quite a bit. Any idea if the ordinance is still in place or withdrawn?

Just as a reference, the price from Jp Nagar (Jayadeva) to Sarjapur Junction costed me ~125 around 7 am on überx on average in Jan 2017 and in one year it is hovering anywhere around 160-185 since couple of months. On Mondays or after long weekends there is low availability and prices for this route shoots up to 220+

Last edited by ampere : 22nd February 2018 at 20:26. Reason: formatted post for readability
harishhm74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 13:54   #940
Senior - BHPian

Can I ask my Uber driver to take a different route than what the app shows ? The app shows a route via the NICE road which is 7km more and has a toll of around 150. I think the app is choosing this route as the time is less by a few minutes.

I also tried to add multiple stops to the app to force it to take a route but that isn't working for some reason.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 16th February 2018 at 14:11.
Old 16th February 2018, 14:34   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Can I ask my Uber driver to take a different route than what the app shows ?
Yes, I have done that on several occasions. I'm not sure if you can force the driver if he insists on taking the route suggested by the app though.
meetgds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 20:16   #942
BHPian

Anybody used Uber's airport pool service in Bangalore? Seems good in theory as its priced slightly higher than the BMTC Volvo airport fare but lower than Go fares. Good proposition for flights during wee hours when Volvos are not as frequent.

Is it available round the clock?
Old 22nd February 2018, 21:19   #943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Anybody used Uber's airport pool service in Bangalore? Seems good in theory as its priced slightly higher than the BMTC Volvo airport fare but lower than Go fares. Good proposition for flights during wee hours when Volvos are not as frequent.

Is it available round the clock?
I used it on a Sunday morning a few weeks back to go to the airport. Since I was alone, and it was a personal trip, I did not feel like paying close to 900 rupees for Go. Initially my plan was to go till hebbal in cab and then take a bus, but the cost was similar to Airport Pool and I had plenty of time as well. Hence I took one. Fortunately, no one else joined. I paid 550 bucks which was very VFM. Not sure if this is available round the clock.

On the other hand, the cab was a new Dzire factory limited to 80kmph and it was such a blissful and relaxing journey to the airport. The driver had floored the pedal and it would accelerate to 80kmph and gently settle there like as if cruise control was engaged. Compared to other retrofitted speed governers, this was regulating speed very well. There were many other cabs cruising at 80 and that made the journey tension free compared to a few other times with Meru drivers who drove Veritos like mad dogs.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 17:02   #944
BHPian

Ola, Uber drivers want to go on indefinite strike since they are not earning 1.5 Lakh a month driving cars which they had thought they would!

Quote:
Ola and Uber had given big assurances to the drivers, but today they are unable to cover their costs. They have invested Rs. 5-7 lakh, and were expecting to make Rs. 1.5 lakh a month but are unable to even make half of this, owing to the mismanagement by these companies
Guess who is happy about this?

Quote:
"It is good they are going on strike," Al Quadros, general secretary, Mumbai Taximen's Union said
Link: https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/uber...sunday-1824755

I also want to go on strike since haven't become a millionaire yet which everyone said I would after completing my engineering!
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 17:07   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Ola, Uber drivers want to go on indefinite strike since they are not earning 1.5 Lakh a month driving cars which they had thought they would!
What thinking! How can any business give 18 lacs a year on an investment of 6 lacs on a sustainable basis!!! They are helpless if they go on strike because they have nowhere to turn with their cabs and the companies know that.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks