Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2015, 00:30   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post

Has the rubbery stick issues been fixed on the T-jet? Honestly this is and will be a great car. I would love to take this car for a spin but the Tsi is still the car I will put my money on.
I agree.

The Punto's chassis is sorted, and the T-Jet will be pretty quick, I'm sure. However, as a package, the Polo GT is the more rounded car I believe. It may not handle as sweetly and it may be 10 hp down on the T-Jet, but the compliant suspension keeps the Polo composed and the quick-shifting DSG helps regain lost time.

Assuming the Punto T-Jet will be priced at 9 lakhs (on the road - Bangalore), it may be cheaper than the GT TSI, but the DSG is easily worth the premium. It may not be the 'true enthusiast's choice', but neither is a rubbery / notchy gearbox.

Besides, a mild remap and suspension mods will see the GT run circles around the T-Jet.

C'mon Fiat, give us the Indian-ised Abarth that people were talking about!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th January 2015 at 00:31.
suhaas307 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 01:17   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I agree.

The Punto's chassis is sorted, and the T-Jet will be pretty quick, I'm sure. However, as a package, the Polo GT is the more rounded car I believe. It may not handle as sweetly and it may be 10 hp down on the T-Jet, but the compliant suspension keeps the Polo composed and the quick-shifting DSG helps regain lost time.

Assuming the Punto T-Jet will be priced at 9 lakhs (on the road - Bangalore), it may be cheaper than the GT TSI, but the DSG is easily worth the premium. It may not be the 'true enthusiast's choice', but neither is a rubbery / notchy gearbox.
To me this feels like FIAT is doing a JUGAAD job with their engines and cars. Honestly I dont know what will improve FIAT'S brand in India but it has to be more than a powerful engine in the Punto. There is something in the car that I am not able to put my finger and say this is why I dont want to put my money on it.

The Polo Tsi on the other hand feels like a product that has been well planned and produced. The Tsi just feels better in many ways and after the test drive I didn't speak to the SA beyond "here's my money, get me the car ASAP".

I wish FIAT had bought in the 1.6Mjd with the linea or if the Punto is plonked with the 1.6Mjd now that will be a real GT. 290Nm of Torque sigh all I can do is dream for now!!
D'Artagnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 01:47   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I would not be scared if the same thing was happening to my car and it was a Maruti or a Hyundai, but with Fiat, you bet I will be scared.
Quote:
I vowed to buy a car from another company only if I was comfortable with its after sales service, otherwise I would not touch it even if they sold it at half the cost of its competition with a million features.
Quote:
Very rarely a well maintained car from any company will let you down. I have taken my Swift to Leh and where not from Mumbai, its 1 lakh kilometers plus run now but I am still confident it can do Leh every year, year on year.
Hope it remains that way. God bless.

However I'm confused that you are contradicting yourself. I'm sure you might be remembering these old times? They say the internet doesn't forget even if you do!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...nder-read.html
Quote:
I am sick and tired of this car ! My problems are always not acknowledged ! I have to run around to get things sorted !

Maruti if you are listening! Your product is pathetic and so is your after sales and believe you me ! I should go to ganga and take a bath for recommending this car to gazzilions of people !
I ve spoiled their money and their nights sleep!

I want this car rectified or begone !!
I have used two Maruti cars, one Hyundai and a FIAT. I've had excellent experiences with Maruti and thankfully the FIAT experience (except for one TATA service centre back in the old days) was on par with the other two - across service stations I have visited in Trivandrum, Chennai and Bangalore. Thankfully, I've also had excellent experiences with Maruti. But yes - FIAT service centers need to be more consistent in their quality and coverage.

I'm not sure if my Punto will take me to Leh or not, but after 97,000 kms of proper maintenance and city usage- my Maruti WagonR sure felt like it had been to Ladakh and back. Whereas the Punto feels so fresh and rejuvenating in comparison after 82k kms, and for this reason - I might consider FIAT for my next purchase whenever that happens.

Quote:
Working on just products and not after sales won't work in a country like ours.Get me good service, cheap parts and I would love to drive around in a FIAT.
So what is your suggestion on the Punto TJet? Stop/ postpone the launch?

The first exclusive FIAT dealership was opened in May 2012. The company now has 116 dealerships with 113 service centers. But what do they sell in these dealerships, if not for new attempts like the Punto Evo TJet?

And then you say -

Quote:
Look at this -->http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...shut-down.html

This shakes up the confidence.
Its a classic case of chicken and egg - 'You dont sell cars, you can't retain dealers. You can't retain dealers - you wont sell cars'. Cars need to be introduced along with service improvement. Punto TJet might not be a big step, but it is surely a step in the right direction.

You want dealerships, you dont want them to introduce/sell cars, and you dont want the dealerships to close down because they are not introducing/ selling cars? Contradicting thoughts again IMO.

Quote:
This car would be fun to drive for sure
Now that is one point nobody can contradict. And that - is the only USP for this car. ONLY. It doesn't have the brand name of a Jazz, the convenience of an automatic DSG, the interior quality of the Elite, nor the value for money of the Zest. But it surely will plaster a wider smile on your face than any other car south of 15L. Let's see how many will purchase a car for that USP. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Assuming the Punto T-Jet will be priced at 9 lakhs (on the road - Bangalore), it may be cheaper than the GT TSI,
That would make it 1.38L cheaper, without any discounts. Yes, the DSG is still worth it for a mix of convenience and fun though. Do note that the pricing gap can only widen from this point - since FIAT cars will only move off the showroom floor once they announce discounts.

Quote:
Besides, a mild remap and suspension mods will see the GT run circles around the T-Jet.
GT is a more well-rounded car - true.

Have you seen the figures a simple remapped TJet is capable of? Both are turbo petrols, and even the 1.4 has a lot more potential waiting to be unleashed, not to mention the potential tweaks that could trickle down from the Abarth range (If FIAT wakes up and introduces them). My RD Punto 90hp can give a tough fight to the current GT TDi. May be even outpace it. But whats the point? Even the GT can be modified to gain back the advantage now, isn't it so?

So better we stick to comparing stock cars.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th January 2015 at 02:12.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 03:27   #94
BHPian

Everyone who wrote and read this post, Thanx for the interest and "bashing" Fiat and their Fantastic cars once again!

I would like to know how many of you who contributed to this Exciting post is an owner or has extensively used (not only driven) a FIAT car?

What I have read in zillion posts about Fiat is bashing for everything this company does or does not do. However, how many of you has actually experienced the Fiat product and service?

This gets me to think what does this crowd actually want? A perfect car! isnt it? However why only Fiat? I, in my many years of being a Team Bhp'er, avidly reading every word and seeing most of the posted photos in a posts, never have seen any other company/car being cribbed and bashed about as much as a Fiat and their splendid cars. Is it their Love or Envy towards a Fiat?

Is one to understand that all other manufactures have provided the best car on this planet only for us Indians? And this is why the beautifully presented monthly sales charts show others except Fiat doing tremendous business? Yes, numbers are hopeless, no doubt about that, and why would they not be, majority of the public as described by many have the "herd mentality" plus to add there are more negative marketing done in many different platforms including (word of mouth, advice of a know all car guru/advisor who does not even know the abbr. of Bhp let alone any other aspects of a car, then the magazines - less we talk of them the better as I am glad to say, we all agree that they pen down what generally is convenient to them, Non owners of Fiat - they are certainly more than owners, (I have heard ranting about Fiat dumping Italian crap into our lovely country, and strongly advice likes of other cars which use Multijet engine to be best in terms of engine, power and mileage!) without being aware of the truth. This has happened an many occasions and am sure you have have heard such talks too.

Let focus on the Fiat Owners share their experiences about the company, car, service, support be it - Bad, Worse, Horrible, Great, Pleasant, Superb, Excellent, Impressive. These owners have had horrible to amazing experiences to share which I am confident are at par or better than many of the other manufactures. Also, to note, even mathematics does its share of damage - other cars are sold in lakhs so even a few thousand negative points make an extremely small dent or impact. however, for Fiat - has sales of thousand cars and even ten negative shows a huge impact. So projecting a different picture.

Fiat has always cared for their patrons, sometimes some a bit less than the others, I have experienced a bit of pain and lot of care and attention from the company in terms of interactions, support and I am "mango man" and not a vip of any sorts in the society, yet always a Fiat car makes me feel special and the Fiat company does treat me as a VIP.

If there is a demand of more details, then we will be reading another post .

For now let's rejoice the possibility of the T-jet Punto getting into our market and a lucky few get to be neighbours envy now shall we?
ashpalio is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 09:01   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That would make it 1.38L cheaper, without any discounts. Yes, the DSG is still worth it for a mix of convenience and fun though. Do note that the pricing gap can only widen from this point - since FIAT cars will only move off the showroom floor once they announce discounts..
Let's not forget that for the 1.38 lakhs, you not only get a far superior gearbox, but also a premium well-screwed-together interior. You would lose out on the lovely steering in the Punto though.

Of course the prices are merely speculative, but it's fairly reasonable to expect the T-Jet to be priced around the 9 lakhs (on the road B'lore) mark.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th January 2015 at 09:03.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 09:23   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post

Look at the power, torque and 0-100 kmph numbers - all are super impressive.
Attachment 1332342
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
isn't the top speed of the GT Tsi 190 Kmph?
Quote:
While Fiat India claims the Tjet's top speed at 186 kmph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
What is the source of these 0-100 km/h figures?
As tested by which magazine/agency/website/individual?
TIA
Top speed of the T-Jet is claimed by many mags as 200 kmph, and one of my friends has very well done 195+ on a private section of road, and he did mention it was about to run out of steam around that zone of the speedo.

0-100 kmph dash I have done on my own T-Jet with a vbox and it is around 10.1-10.2 seconds on an accurate run no matter how hard we tried even with expert launchers, and not 9.8 secs as quoted on the OP's post. Maybe a Punto with 130 kg less might breach the 10 second barrier, but a Linea T-Jet is definitely going to take a little more than 10 seconds to get there, 9.87 is wrong if it is the Linea.

Quote:
Let's not forget that for the 1.38 lakhs, you not only get a far superior gearbox, but also a premium well-screwed-together interior. You would lose out on the lovely steering in the Punto though.
These two cars will cater to different sections within the enthusiast segment itself and can co-exist. While I myself would prefer the GT TSI and its auto tranny for its urban practicality today if I were to be in the market, an outright enthusiast with a zest for manual box cars would never be satisfied with a tiptronic +/- override option over a conventional manual stick shifter. This without yet considering the DSG scares and VW warranty scares/maintenance costs in the picture, besides the 1.5L premium at purchase time.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th January 2015 at 09:28.
KarthikK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 09:32   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
I guess its time i get ready to sell my 19 month old Pete's remapped GT TSI
Please don't. The GT TSI is hands down the best little hatchback for the enthusiast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Comparison between Volkswagen TSI, Fiat T-Jet and Fiat FIRE engines. Just 4 letters on front and back will pull more crowd to their showroom.
Who has published these numbers?

This car won't be a crowd puller even if Fiat really pimp it out apart from the T Jet heart. The few who know about it will buy this car. I can say that there will be less than a handful of buyers even from this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Linea T-jet does over 200 kms an hour. So with less weight Punto could do better.
The India specification Linea T Jet cannot hit the double ton though it does get pretty close.

Quote:
C'mon Fiat, give us the Indian-ised Abarth that people were talking about!
Consider this launch (when it happens) as the Indian-ised Abarth. Anything with that badge costs a lot of money and the car won't sell.

If it is not asking too much, all round disc brakes, an all black leather interior, a nice set of 16" or bigger rims, ESP or some other additional safety kit will be nice to have. How about a 3 door edition Fiat India? Oh wait, I am asking too much already. A little weight reduction will help too.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 26th January 2015 at 09:35.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 10:27   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope it remains that way. God bless.

However I'm confused that you are contradicting yourself. I'm sure you might be remembering these old times? They say the internet doesn't forget even if you do!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...nder-read.html
Oh I remember those times and the pains but there is a difference in how other companies handle the case and how Maruti did. I acknowledge the fact that I was pissed then, but I also knew the fact as time progressed that mine is a one off case. Some of the highlights which made sure my next car is a Maruti too were

For example

1) Entire clutch,pressure plate,flywheel changed at 20 thousand kilometers because of it juddering. Name one company which does that ?

2) Entire Steering Assembly changed under warranty at 54 thousand kilometers because it made a slight kat kat noise. It costs a whooping 27 thousand.

3) Turbo changed at 60 thousand kilometers because my warranty was getting over and they thought the slight hiss in the turbo maybe might develop into something big in the later part of the car's life. Since my warranty would get over then and I would have to pay, they thought it was best to change it under warranty.

When the service station is willing and the company is more than willing to sort out something wrong in your car, that is when someone get's a confidence in buying a product from that company. My car had a lot going wrong for it when it was new, If it was a Volkswagen/Skoda or a FIAT then what would have happened ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...57000-kms.html

I can list many, but you would know most of them anyway.

Touchwood since many years now, my car is more reliable than it was when it was brand new. Yes the internet never forgets, but there is a gap of 6 years between when I started the thread in 2008 to now in 2014, when you are the heat of the moment of getting a new car opened many times, its disheartening, but looking back it now, Maruti handled it like a pro and I could have not asked for me.

When it comes to getting something fixed in warranty, I would know I don't have to 'fight' with anyone. That is called 'peace of mind'

Quote:
I have used two Maruti cars, one Hyundai and a FIAT. I've had excellent experiences with Maruti and thankfully the FIAT experience (except for one TATA service centre back in the old days) was on par with the other two - across service stations I have visited in Trivandrum, Chennai and Bangalore. Thankfully, I've also had excellent experiences with Maruti. But yes - FIAT service centers need to be more consistent in their quality and coverage.
My family has had a lot many cars when I was younger like the Tata Sumo, Mahindra MM540, Premier Padmini but since I have grown up and started driving it has only been Marutis. 800, Zen and now Swift Diesel. Although in the Swift Diesel, I had a bad experience initially with the service stations as well as the car, Maruti always handled it supremely well.

Quote:
I'm not sure if my Punto will take me to Leh or not, but after 97,000 kms of proper maintenance and city usage- my Maruti WagonR sure felt like it had been to Ladakh and back. Whereas the Punto feels so fresh and rejuvenating in comparison after 82k kms, and for this reason - I might consider FIAT for my next purchase whenever that happens.
A friend of mine and me had got our cars together, A Fiat Punto Diesel and my Swift Diesel, my car stands at 106KK while his stands at 74 thousand kilometers, his car has its engine seized over the timing chain and mine rattles at the said kilometers. They say our problems look small when we compare it someone else's bigger ones. I am happy it rattles. I hope it rattles and only rattles but still takes me Leh every year where there is a service station in Srinagar to take care of the suspension if it took a hit, in Kargil if the exhaust mounting got loose and in Leh if the brake caliper needed greasing.

Yes Fiat has 113 service stations all over the country, GOD forbid you find yourself in the 7 sister states with your car needing a look as you will find the whole and sole one in Dimapur.

Quote:
So what is your suggestion on the Punto TJet? Stop/ postpone the launch?
Of course launch it, but how many people have the confidence to buy that numbers will tell.

Quote:
The first exclusive FIAT dealership was opened in May 2012. The company now has 116 dealerships with 113 service centers. But what do they sell in these dealerships, if not for new attempts like the Punto Evo TJet?
Circling around the same Punto and Linea since a long time now, is there nothing more to them than all of this ? So don't call them new attempts. Its like Tata going round and round with its Indica boot, Indica Wagon, Indica cross, Indica CS etc

Quote:
Its a classic case of chicken and egg - 'You dont sell cars, you can't retain dealers. You can't retain dealers - you wont sell cars'. Cars need to be introduced along with service improvement. Punto TJet might not be a big step, but it is surely a step in the right direction.

You want dealerships, you dont want them to introduce/sell cars, and you dont want the dealerships to close down because they are not introducing/ selling cars? Contradicting thoughts again IMO.
I think we need to revisit the definition of "launching cars".

Quote:
Now that is one point nobody can contradict. And that - is the only USP for this car. ONLY. It doesn't have the brand name of a Jazz, the convenience of an automatic DSG, the interior quality of the Elite, nor the value for money of the Zest. But it surely will plaster a wider smile on your face than any other car south of 15L. Let's see how many will purchase a car for that USP. Fingers crossed.
LOL, there are many cars south of 15 lakhs which will plaster a smile on anyone's face. It all depends on what kind of plastering he is looking for.

Last edited by humyum : 26th January 2015 at 10:31.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 11:38   #99
BHPian

If fiat sold as many cars as the number of participants in this thread, they would be doing better than VW or skoda.

I bought a used T-jet and took it for a 700 km trip - since it was long, I had a on call driver who works as a test driver for honda. As soon as he touched the gear lever and the steering, his remark was ' this car is so much more difficult to drive". Gears are notchy, clutch play is long but all such thoughts vanished once we hit the expressway where at 100 kmph, linea felt rock solid and braking was superlative (I never go above 100 to ensure pedestrian safety).

His view was in an era where more cars are being chaufffer driven, in city driving is becoming a chore and snob value seems to matter more than driving pleasure, I think it's going to be a hard grind for fiat.

Think of it, handling/feedback/stability are things that 99.5% of owners do not understand. They want a brand, japanese reliability, mileage and back seat space.
varadha_r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 11:40   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been a silent reader of most threads of late. More so with the ones related to Fiat. Reason - Very little value add with mindless bashing from non owners quoting a few threads and conveniently ignore the same company going out of the way to resolve issues, though in a few cases a little more time was taken to resolve it.

Quote:
Oh I remember those times and the pains but there is a difference in how other companies handle the case and how Maruti did. I acknowledge the fact that I was pissed then, but I also knew the fact as time progressed that mine is a one off case. Some of the highlights which made sure my next car is a Maruti too were

For example

1) Entire clutch,pressure plate,flywheel changed at 20 thousand kilometers because of it juddering. Name one company which does that ?
My Linea's clutch assembly was replaced as it had judder at 35000 kms. Oh yeah, my Linea is made by Fiat.

Quote:
3) Turbo changed at 60 thousand kilometers because my warranty was getting over and they thought the slight hiss in the turbo maybe might develop into something big in the later part of the car's life. Since my warranty would get over then and I would have to pay, they thought it was best to change it under warranty.
Very good of Maruti and your service center folks. I personally know a few cases where the Turbos for the Linea was replaced under goodwill warranty for cars out of warranty and mind you the VGT turbos are costly. As far as I am aware of a new Turbo from TEL costs as much 47K. I would love to know if Maruti is as generous too.

Quote:
When the service station is willing and the company is more than willing to sort out something wrong in your car, that is when someone get's a confidence in buying a product from that company. My car had a lot going wrong for it when it was new, If it was a Volkswagen/Skoda or a FIAT then what would have happened ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...57000-kms.html

I can list many, but you would know most of them anyway.
Can you please list them all. Also can you please get the service history of the car in the above link too. Sometimes its only ranting on the online forums about a manufacturer not sorting out an issue. I would love to see the owner's honestly listing their cars' service history too along with the claims they make online.

For anyone to be very balanced and not biased, they should post the ones were Fiat has gone out of the way to sort things out, not just link to issue threads. Then one is talking about both positives and negatives. Else its for all to see what the intent behind such posts are.

I for one have seen a couple of cars getting their engines done up at Fiat's cost. I know one bhpian who got it done. I would let him comment on it than me speak for it. The other one is not a bhpian (he isn't even aware of teambhp) so obviously he cant post about it.

I certainly do not know about Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Volkswagen or Skoda. Certainly, Fiat does try to go very much out of the way and take cost on them even though they legally need not.

Quote:
Touchwood since many years now, my car is more reliable than it was when it was brand new. Yes the internet never forgets, but there is a gap of 6 years between when I started the thread in 2008 to now in 2014, when you are the heat of the moment of getting a new car opened many times, its disheartening, but looking back it now, Maruti handled it like a pro and I could have not asked for me.
Certainly good for you and wish you many such years of ownership.

Quote:
When it comes to getting something fixed in warranty, I would know I don't have to 'fight' with anyone. That is called 'peace of mind'
From what I have seen and read, Fiat and TATA don't fight at the first place to replace parts under warranty. For the ones they do, more often than not, you will find an issue with the service history. Now, please for god sake done expect any manufacturer more so Fiat to honor the warranty when the maintenance schedule is ignored knowingly or unknowingly.

Quote:
A friend of mine and me had got our cars together, A Fiat Punto Diesel and my Swift Diesel, my car stands at 106KK while his stands at 74 thousand kilometers, his car has its engine seized over the timing chain and mine rattles at the said kilometers. They say our problems look small when we compare it someone else's bigger ones. I am happy it rattles. I hope it rattles and only rattles but still takes me Leh every year where there is a service station in Srinagar to take care of the suspension if it took a hit, in Kargil if the exhaust mounting got loose and in Leh if the brake caliper needed greasing.
I have seen both Punto and Linea well above 150K mark with absolutely no issues. There are a few cases where Fiat has replaced the engine (half block, turbos and related parts) as goodwill for cars which had issues, wonder if Maruti would do that.

There are a few Fiats and many other cars which have done the Leh circuit. So this Leh thing being discussed in this thread is irrelevant to this thread.

Quote:
Of course launch it, but how many people have the confidence to buy that numbers will tell.
Fiat for one will never sell in numbers, that is amply clear. So bringing the sales numbers into discussion repeatedly is of no use.

The below quote has aptly summed it up. I cant help but have a good laugh every time I read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Now we will see how the 'Hot Hatch Starved' population jump up and down on seeing this and then go buy an i20 Elite.
Quote:
Circling around the same Punto and Linea since a long time now, is there nothing more to them than all of this ? So don't call them new attempts. Its like Tata going round and round with its Indica boot, Indica Wagon, Indica cross, Indica CS etc

I think we need to revisit the definition of "launching cars".
How nice, we have been seeing stickered variants and meaningless facelifts from Maruti for a long long time. Where is all this bashing gone then? Even if Fiat has 5 more models, still the sales of each of those models will be less compared to its competitors. What is so complicated to understand this aspect.

Quote:
LOL, there are many cars south of 15 lakhs which will plaster a smile on anyone's face. It all depends on what kind of plastering he is looking for.
Oh yeah, many things can plaster a smile. The cost of the car has no relation to it. Some examples
  1. Some might be content with good resale value but can live with rattling tin boxes.
  2. Some people it might be the ease of ownership
  3. For some exclusivity could the case
  4. For some it could sheer driving pleasure
  5. For some it can be none of these too.
PS: For me I don't care which manufacturer it is. If the ownership and driving experience is involving I would prefer that car. At the same time, I would not go about bashing all other cars and its manufacturers.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 26th January 2015 at 11:48.
nkrishnap is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 12:31   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Some of the highlights which made sure my next car is a Maruti too were

For example

2) Entire Steering Assembly changed under warranty at 54 thousand kilometers because it made a slight kat kat noise. It costs a whooping 27 thousand.
I'm not sure what has made you start boasting about your car now - may be that you think the above stuffs doesn't ever happen for a FIAT car.
  1. My Steering assembly too got changed under Extended Warranty at 30K KMs because of the "so can be called Kat Kat noise" - once the SAs realized the issue, they simply came and told me to bring for replacement the next day convenient for me.
  2. My suspensions too have got replaced 4-5 times because of a different "kat" "kat" noise.
  3. There are many other Puntos which come to the service centers with no suspension or steering issues got reported so far even after running more than 70K KMs
  4. Last time my Punto visited Vecto Motors service, it received a very small scar on the bonnet for which the service manager has even offered to get the entire bonnet repainted. I politely declined the offer since I was not much bothered about it.
  5. During a paint job that my dad's WagonR had received, some paint by mistake had got spilled over the tail lamps and surrounding areas. After 15 minutes of continuous argument, the SA took the vehicle inside the service bay and did a polish on the paint and returned it back. When I asked what he will do with the paint on the tail lamps and rear windscreen, he did nothing other than showing a blank face. It took me another 1 hour to the issue escalated with the service manager so that the tail lamp at least could be replaced with a new one.
  6. FIAT has recently arranged a seat vendor team for inspection of my car for resolving two rattle issues related to the seat.
  7. Last time I had visited Hyson FIAT Kochi service center, the SA was very enthusiastic in assuring me or resolving few minute rattle noises in my car.
  8. FIAT service is no more costly - but may be the cheapest as once reported by AutoCar magazine last year.
Now, I'm not boasting about FIAT service - just to tell you that these things happen around everywhere. FIAT owners do take their cars to Leh and Ladakh with pride and confidence. FIAT does provide 24x7 RSA which might be as good as any other RSA in the country. Of course, every FIAT owner takes pride of the excellent build, strong and safe shell, pleasant and stable handling and ride - and it is because of the same reason that they prefer a FIAT over many other brands in the country. It is because of the same reason that they do not ever think buying those tin dabbas that rattle though those might be the most fuel efficient or can munch lakhs of KMs.

Most of the FIAT bashing in our forum do start with other brand car owners coming and criticizing even a humble step FIAT takes to survive in the industry. Then it goes on and on and that is exactly happening here.
vinodvayyat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 13:48   #102
Senior - BHPian

Okay, since we are going off topic and mods have already warned I won't go militant with quoting nkrishnap's reply.

Like I have said it before, I will say it again, I would love to buy a Fiat, I have driven many including the Tjet which I liked too, but I would never buy one until the service factor and reliability is sorted, I keep a car for atleast 8 to 10 years at the minimum and after the warranty expires, I can't let myself be harassed for anything.

Secondly I have not seen a single thread on team-bhp with any version of any Linea/Punto run 1.50 lakh kilometers and there are quite a few people threads running, so I will take that statement with a pinch of salt. I have seen quite a few of the 'other' brand though. It rattles yeah but chugs on.

Happy buying, I was not bashing your beloved Fiat, just stating the permutation and combination of the entire Tjet + Fiat being not to the liking.

I guess I should keep away from Fiat threads

Last edited by humyum : 26th January 2015 at 13:49.
Old 26th January 2015, 14:16   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Like I have said it before, I will say it again, I would love to buy a Fiat, I have driven many including the Tjet which I liked too, but I would never buy one until the service factor and reliability is sorted, I keep a car for atleast 8 to 10 years at the minimum and after the warranty expires, I can't let myself be harassed for anything.
By the factors you have mentioned, the only brand which should sell (or survive) in India is Suzuki, and Hyundai maybe. Anyways, compared to many other manufacturers in India, Fiat's dealer network is not that thin.

---------

I don't think the Punto TJet will bring in a huge change to Fiat's market position in India, but it indeed will be a great option for the Indian car buyer to choose from.
vb-saan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 14:27   #104
Senior - BHPian

Exactly. Everything will remain unchanged, except that very few enthusiasts will get to enjoy a really nice turbo petrol engine on a hatchback which is fun to drive.
clevermax is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 15:05   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Like I have said it before, I will say it again, I would love to buy a Fiat, I have driven many including the Tjet which I liked too, but I would never buy one until the service factor and reliability is sorted, I keep a car for at least 8 to 10 years at the minimum and after the warranty expires, I can't let myself be harassed for anything.
Misconceptions are hard to erase.

Quote:
Secondly I have not seen a single thread on team-bhp with any version of any Linea/Punto run 1.50 lakh kilometers and there are quite a few people threads running, so I will take that statement with a pinch of salt. I have seen quite a few of the 'other' brand though. It rattles yeah but chugs on.
If there is no thread on Teambhp doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all. It would be ignorance if it considered so. There are a lot of people owning cars and not part of any online forums. And for teambhp, here's one link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...0-000-kms.html

Quote:
Happy buying, I was not bashing your beloved Fiat
I am neither in the market to buy a car in the near future nor do I have a stake in Fiat to bat for it. So it would be good for the forum decorum to stop making such comments.

Quote:
I don't think the Punto TJet will bring in a huge change to Fiat's market position in India, but it indeed will be a great option for the Indian car buyer to choose from.
+1. It will only only be an option for the buyers. I wont be surprised if the sales don't increase at all. An additional choice to the customer will not harm in any way.
nkrishnap is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks