Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2015, 13:33   #121
J.Ravi

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Guys can you please help me in deciding if I should go for the facelifted model
Go for the new face-lifted model, sacrificing the discount, which will be better than the previous one, IMO.
  (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 13:36   #122
BANNED

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
UPDATE: I had been to a dealer here in Bangalore to check on XUV5OO W6 model and I was offered a OTR of 14.66lac with insurance on me. But when I enquired about the facelift, I was informed that W10 is on the cards and which will be all wheel drive with all bells and whistles.

Guys can you please help me in deciding if I should go for the facelifted model or go ahead with the existing model as I will not be entitled to any discounts once the facelift is launched, which is the only worry for me
How urgently do you need the car?

If you don't mind waiting and loosing some money since no discounts will be offered on the newer one. If you can't get the current model with discounts.

Seeing your requirement (W6 variant), the top end may not interest you anyway so the refreshed W6 will have lesser features too making you at a loosing point if you select the refreshed variant.
Old 9th May 2015, 13:45   #123
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: I had been to a dealer here in Bangalore to check on XUV5OO W6 model and I was offered a OTR of 14.66lac with insurance on me.

Guys can you please help me in deciding if I should go for the facelifted model or go ahead with the existing model as I will not be entitled to any discounts once the facelift is launched, which is the only worry for me
I am in the same situation as you. I was offered 50k discount plus free accessories worth 10k by a dealer here in HP in March. But I honestly think the refreshed version with better interiors and a few improvements will compensate for the 50k in the longer run. The resale value for one would be higher for the refreshed version.
Old 9th May 2015, 14:27   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Go for the new face-lifted model, sacrificing the discount, which will be better than the previous one, IMO.
Thank you sir!! But if they cut down on features for W6 then I would be losing the discounts as well as the features. Otherwise I might take a plunge and lose on the discounts and go for refreshed model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
How urgently do you need the car?

If you don't mind waiting and loosing some money since no discounts will be offered on the newer one. If you can't get the current model with discounts.

Seeing your requirement (W6 variant), the top end may not interest you anyway so the refreshed W6 will have lesser features too making you at a loosing point if you select the refreshed variant.
I am in no urgent to get the car, I am initiating the process only for the discounts. By the way how sure are you that the refreshed W6 will lose out features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
I am in the same situation as you. I was offered 50k discount plus free accessories worth 10k by a dealer here in HP in March. But I honestly think the refreshed version with better interiors and a few improvements will compensate for the 50k in the longer run. The resale value for one would be higher for the refreshed version.
As of now what decision have you taken? Are you waiting for the refreshed model?
Old 9th May 2015, 16:17   #125
J.Ravi

Quote:
But if they cut down on features for W6 then I would be losing the discounts as well as the features.
In that scenario, you can opt to go for the old stock, bargaining for the maximum discount. Who knows, you may get more discount too due to old stock clearance sale.

Old 10th May 2015, 10:45   #126
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: I had been to a dealer here in Bangalore to check on XUV5OO W6 model and I was offered a OTR of 14.66lac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
I am in the same situation as you. I was offered 50k discount plus free accessories worth 10k by a dealer here in HP in March.

I'm in the same boat as you both. The dealer said its the W10 that's debuting and no facelift for existing variants. I still think it's a gimmick to clear their existing stock.
I have decided to wait for the refresh mainly hoping for some upgrades to sort out the current niggles and the new model factor which brings in better resale value.

I am not too sure if somebody would downgrade specs or features on the current W6. Why would they do that? It's more sensible to retain or offer better features to keep their numbers up in the mid variant but we might see a slight increase in the price itself is what my guess is.
Old 10th May 2015, 11:49   #127
BHPian

Quote:

As of now what decision have you taken? Are you waiting for the refreshed model?
I indeed am waiting for the refreshed version.
Old 10th May 2015, 13:16   #128
Team-BHP Support

Coming off the record, expect new XUV by next month onwards.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 14:43   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Coming off the record, expect new XUV by next month onwards.
Yes new stock will be up for sale from next month. Very few of the existing models are currently available and I am planning to go for the existing model with all discounts. Some how the new design is not impressing me when I am comparing with new facelift.

I might decide in couple of days. Hope I am taking the right decision. Any inputs??
Old 10th May 2015, 19:43   #130
BHPian

It seems like Mahindra had stopped production for the current version (at least for few colours, if not all). I took delivery of my XUV yesterday and opted for Opulent Purple. Initially I wanted to go for Arctic Blue and the dealer didn't have any in stock. In fact none of the dealers in Bangalore had that colour in stock. Upon asking the dealer to order one from plant, he confirmed that Mahindra had stopped production of Blue. It didn't seem like a tactic to sell out their existing stock. I approached multiple dealers and got the same response.

For those who want to go for current version, options might be limited to the ones in stock.
Old 10th May 2015, 20:31   #131
BHPian

Too many days without yet another spyshot on the facelift. I want to see some interiors now. Hopefully the mahindra marketing guys are reading this post ??

Ita a yes and no for me when it comrs to the facelifted model. On one hand the maturing of the look is appreciated, but its effect on sales will be temporary. If the refreshed innova counters the xuv500 with equal features and a more powerful engine, then future customers may switch to innova. So the cheetah look is actually a good defense strategy for the xuv500.
Old 11th May 2015, 17:36   #132
Senior - BHPian

Guys, finally took the plunge and booked the cheetah(existing model) - XUV5OO W6 at Anant Cars, Mysore Road.

OTR - 14.92lac
Discounts - 62K

I am yet to proceed on the payment, as I am looking for finance which would take some time. I was promised to get good accessories by the executive during deliver,

I am planning to ask him for the below,

1. Body Cover
2. Mats
3. Side moulding
4. Door visors

Can anybody suggest what else can i bargain for which should be worth, as I am not a fan of chrome and I don't need the side steps.

Thanks in advance:-)
Old 11th May 2015, 17:59   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Too many days without yet another spyshot on the facelift.
Probably because Mahindra is readying itself for the new updated XUV's launch and hence, all the testing [required as per 'em] is over.

About time as well. I can spot quite a few XUV's in the used car market.
Old 11th May 2015, 21:09   #134
BHPian

Sheel - any luck on off the record status updates of the auto variant with the aisin gearbox?
acidkill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 21:27   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Can anybody suggest what else can i bargain for which should be worth, as I am not a fan of chrome and I don't need the side steps.

Thanks in advance:-)
Couple of weeks back Anant motors had offered me rear guard, side steps, side moulds and a little pushing should get you a reverse parking camera.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks