Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2015, 17:18   #691
BHPian

Re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!

According to me Abarth Punto is the best car for a true petrolhead to buy under 10 Lakhs INR in India. A Fantastic engine + excellent driving dynamics + Good braking + Safety gear(ABS+EBD+Airbags). I dont worry a bit about the not so good fiat service. I may visit the service center twice or thrice a year and dosen't care if the experience is not so good. What matters to me is I have with me a very enjoyable car for the remaining days of the year. Awaiting Team-bhp review...
Old 20th October 2015, 17:34   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Let's forget about the Abarth Punto for a minute and discuss the Powered-by-Abarth Avventura. It's only fair, given that the discussions seem to revolve around the hatch only.

There is something ball-achingly charming about the Avventura, in a very Paris-Dakar sort of way. The raised chassis combined with that punchy engine gives it a sense of seriousness and purpose. Slap on a set of knobby tyres, fogs up-front and a rorty exhaust, and it will look rally-prepped and primed to tackle the Raid.. or Cunningham Road in Bangalore.
And wait for one shower and check out its wading capacity.
Old 20th October 2015, 17:51   #693
BHPian

Well this is a brilliant move by Fiat India, infact a long overdue one.
Punto was already a very tempting package for enthusiasts but lacked quality & zippiness to appeal to them. But T-jet engine + Abarth is a absolute stunner. Even more tempting came out of the package is Punto Avventura(powered by Abarth), which is a right blend of practicality, aspirations & performance, what truly an enthusiast expects & need from Sub-10 lac rupee car.
To demand something more, wish it could have came with more highlighting candy yet sporty colors, precisely saying Sporty yellow(Palio 1.6 Sports edition based), Parrot green or something in lines of Grey.

To sum it all,

Abarth !
Is it was the direction Fiat needed to show its true strength among the competition ! Yes, i think.
CRtorquefan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 18:05   #694
BHPian

Hi All,

A bit late to party I see but what a great time to be a car enthusiast!!! The Abarth Punto is a fantastic piece of engineering blowing the competition out of the water (even cars in the so called D segment!!)

I have only the following wishes:
1) It should have had automatic transmission as an option (like the 500). Some members mentioned about their left foot hurting hence wanting an automatic. In my case both my feet are fine and I can run a half marathon!! but I still want the automatic for the sheer convenience it offers in cities like bangalore. There is no point in changing gears in this stupid traffic!!!

2) I hope they would offer a buy back of the Linea T-JET emotion (2014 Jan model, 15000 kms) which I own and give me a buy back price of 9.5 lakhs

3) The Aventura is a great car but needs to have a 4X4 and Automatic transmission!!! to make it greater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Finally it's launched!
A white Punto Abarth, minus all the stickering, a little gloss black around the fogs, etc. would look sweet!

Fully agreed!! I like both the cars but the Abarth Punto takes a cake with the 145 bhp !! Simply awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragula View Post
Geez!! FIAT has really messed up the pricing. I mean, its direct competitors are offering a far greater value proposition and here comes FCA bringing in some obscure brand called Bharat Punto. I mean, Make in India doesn't mean you have to name it after India. Morons! And why would you price the Ace Ventura the same as Punto..It should have been cheaper.
Dude not sure if you are testing everyone's patience in reading your satirical/sarcastic piece. What you are trying to say is not coming through clearly!!

All in all a great time to be in the car market!!!

Last edited by ampere : 20th October 2015 at 19:33. Reason: Reduced quoted post
Old 20th October 2015, 18:08   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish5225 View Post
According to me Abarth Punto is the best car for a true petrolhead to buy under 10 Lakhs INR in India. .
Unfortunately you can not buy it for less than 10 Lakhs. It will cost upwards of 11 Lakhs on road in most of the cities. It is still a good price considering the fact one has to pay substantially more to get similar performance in India.
Old 20th October 2015, 18:08   #696
BHPian

Firstly, to Fiat for finally getting this out. It is a big, BOLD step to break the norm and launch such a vehicle. Love Fiat or Hate Fiat, but credit needs to be given where it is due.

So here is how I see the placement of the Abarth Punto -

- Blazingly Quick. Check.
- All 4 discs. Check.
- ABS, EBD, Airbags. Check.
- Class Leading ride & handling. Check.
- Hydraulic steering with fabulous feedback. Check.
- Good looks. Check.

So, when the penultimate moment of writing the cheque arrives, most people will stop and think for a minute - Why don't I buy the Polo GTI, which has a 1.2 turbo engine with the sweet DSG and save a few lakh rupees and get a hatch from a much well perceived brand than buy the Abarth Punto? And sadly, this is where the Abarth Punto will lose its customer base.
iceman7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 18:09   #697
Senior - BHPian

Fiat is rightly being applauded for bringing out the 145 bhp version while all of us (even the die-hard fans) were expecting normal T-Jet version which wouldn't have necessitated major changes other than all-4 disc brakes.

I don't think we will ever get to see a perfect car or perfect Mobile phone in our life and rightly so.
Come to think of it, if a car is having low GC, the 'what you don't like' list of few customers would feature it, if its high, the same list would feature it again as would have looked better with low GC. Same goes for many other features.
One more point can be if launched in AT : Enthusiasts prefer MTs, if launched in MT : Markets have shifts to ATs.
It really depends whether you see glass half-full or half-empty.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th October 2015 at 18:46. Reason: as requested
carwatcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 18:16   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got a confirmation from the sales executive that the on road price in Bangalore is 11.96lakhs with the exshowroom being 9.95 lakhs. So it means that the ex showroom is the same across the country. Good move by fiat even on this count. The test drive vehicle will arrive next week he told.
hemanth.anand is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 18:55   #699
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Just got a confirmation from the sales executive that the on road price in Bangalore is 11.96lakhs
That's 1.2L less than the top end City VTec. Should sound extremely pleasing for our enthusiasts community who used to keep requesting for hot hatches at the price of C segment sedans.

Good that they went ahead with 9.95L pan India prices.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 18:56   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Just got a confirmation from the sales executive that the on road price in Bangalore is 11.96lakhs with the exshowroom being 9.95 lakhs. So it means that the ex showroom is the same across the country. Good move by fiat even on this count. The test drive vehicle will arrive next week he told.
I too had got a call mentioning about almost the same OTR price. The road tax alone added will alone make it around 11.25L (without cess and green tax). And then the insurance, handling charges and extended warranty will push it further 70k up? For sure the ex-showroom can't be 10L or above since ex-showroom+Life-time tax (without cess and green tax) will be 11.6L.
Old 20th October 2015, 19:33   #701
BHPian

Whatever the prices may be, whatever the power maybe and no matter how good a car it may be, how is fiat planning to sell it and other cars??
There just nit enough showrooms.
I came to know today that the only fiat showroom "Kashyap Fiat" i had seen near my home, which had opened recently has shut shop.
Now the next closest showroom is 20KMS away and probably the only one in 20KMS radius.
Old 20th October 2015, 19:54   #702
BHPian

Is it only me, or don't you think it's strange that you launch 2 products that will hopefully revive your fortunes to a certain extent, but you dont even have display cars, forget demo cars at the handfull of dealerships you have left. If I was a dealer I would be contemplating suicide right now.
Old 20th October 2015, 20:15   #703
Senior - BHPian

The Kerb Weight as per Carwale is 1198 kg.

Anyone has other news on that.

P.S. : Realised that even 90HP Punto Evo has the same weight, so they seem to have copy pasted. Any idea about the exact weight or Fiat wants to run a competition a la Mahindra XUV which ran guess the price? contest at the launch.

Last edited by carwatcher : 20th October 2015 at 20:20.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 21:09   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson_i View Post

Dude not sure if you are testing everyone's patience in reading your satirical/sarcastic piece. What you are trying to say is not coming through clearly!!
Take a look at thedragula's profile, and read his post carefully. I made the same mistake.
Old 20th October 2015, 21:49   #705
BHPian

I would give full credit to Fiat for launching Punto Abarth. Inside out it is the hottest and affordable hatch in India. Those decals, sporty seats, scorpion alloys, 16" wheels, all add together to offer a brilliant product.

What is good to see is that Fiat has been very closely monitoring what consumers are speaking online. All those excess chrome inserts have been replaced with red and most importantly Fiat launched Abarth at less than 10 lacs.

3 cheers to Fiat
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks