Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 14:14   #736
BHPian

Re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Test drove The Punto Evo Abarth at Moti Nagar West Delhi, right after the polo Tsi and Creta diesel automatic.
The Volkswagen and Fiat showrooms looked deserted compared to the Chaos and Car buying frenzy at the Hyundai showroom.

As for the driving experience , it can be summed up in one line:

The Punto Abarth eats Creta for breakfast and Polo Tsi for lunch!

The Abarth Punto thrashes the Polo Tsi hollow be it performance or handling. Its just on a different planet. It makes Polo feel slow and annoying.

As for the gearbox I felt that it was slightly better than my friend's Linea T-jet, and is in no way an impediment to the performance and though its it is not slick like the Swift but its much better nissan/renault/ford(new Figo) gearbox.

If you want driving pleasure backed by real performance then this is it. I don't know why on earth are people cribbing about mileage in a hot hatch. My zest revotron (not the last word in fuel efficiency) at times gives me 22+ on expressway (have posted picture in the zest thread as well) at a constant 90 KMPH in 5TH gear.

For me this is it. To hell with diesel automatic SUV and posh badge.
I don't care what my neighbors will say, I don't care if the car sell for crap during resale, I don't care if my leg hurts in traffic(reason for considering automatic), I want to buy this.
I was thinking that exactly this would happen when people will stop discussing about this car and start actually test driving it. Same thing happened to me when I took the test drive of Linea T Jet a few years back. These cars are not a thing to discuss. They are the thing to experience.
vinit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 14:18   #737
BHPian

Only thing missing here is an optional DSG. Then I would say its on par with Polo TSi, the way things stand right now Polo TSi is the way to go!
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 14:41   #738
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Only thing missing here is an optional DSG. Then I would say its on par with Polo TSi, the way things stand right now Polo TSi is the way to go!
Oh, really? I would say give the Polo TSi an optional Manual gearbox, Punto's steering,suspension, then that can be considered to be at par with Punto, now it's below par. Till then Abarth Punto is the only way to go!
The Rationalist is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 15:03   #739
BHPian

Just called up Butta Motors (Fiat Dealership) in Hyderabad and was informed that Punto Abarth will be available for display and TD next week. However, AV Motors (Minister Road Secunderabad) has a vehicle available for TD. Want to go check it out but a little far away. They wont be able to bring it home.

Last edited by thatsdileep : 21st October 2015 at 15:05.
Old 21st October 2015, 15:08   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Oh, really? I would say give the Polo TSi an optional Manual gearbox, Punto's steering,suspension, then that can be considered to be at par with Punto, now it's below par. Till then Abarth Punto is the only way to go!
Or may be the GTI will be above par when it is launched, until then the Abarth Punto is the hot, hotter and hottest hatch in India and everything else is below par
Old 21st October 2015, 15:09   #741
BHPian

Super excited!!!

Just booked the Abarth Punto at Wheels Fiat in Mohali . Paid 20K for the booking. I'm still sailing so asked the wife to do the needful. Dealer stated a three to four week period for delivery. The dealer himself doesn't know the exact price as yet but casually mentioned the car to be costing around 10.2 lakhs with insurance. Add to that 80K for registration, so I'm looking at a 11 Lakh on road price. Tyres (Contimax MC5) and ICE upgrade included, the deal should set me back by about 11.5 Lakhs. Just can't wait to get off my vessel and drive this beauty. Now the wait starts!

Last edited by firstguri : 21st October 2015 at 15:11.
firstguri is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 15:11   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Just booked the Abarth Punto at Wheels Fiat in Mohali
Congratulations. Yours could be the first Punto Abarth in TBHP. Expecting lots of pictures and a first impression write-up in four weeks, of course in its own thread
PatchyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 15:14   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Super excited!!!

Just booked the Abarth Punto at Wheels Fiat in Mohali . Paid 20K for the booking. I'm still sailing so asked the wife to do the needful. Dealer stated a three to four week period for delivery. The dealer himself doesn't know the exact price as yet but casually mentioned the car to be costing around 10.2 lakhs with insurance. Add to that 80K for registration, so I'm looking at a 11 Lakh on road price. Tyres (Contimax MC5) and ICE upgrade included, the deal should set me back by about 11.5 Lakhs. Just can't wait to get off my vessel and drive this beauty. Now the wait starts!
Wow! Congrats!!! Eagerly waiting for your ownership review... Which colour? Black, I hope.
devansn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 15:14   #744
BHPian

Congratulations firstguri. You are the man .
BHPians, here is the man we were searching, the first Abarth booking.
Should be black I guess

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 21st October 2015 at 15:21.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 15:17   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Super excited!!!

Congratulations. So which colour have you zeroed in on? In Mumbai we just have Torrid Motors who are the Fiat dealers and their number displayed on the website doesn't work. Have dropped them a mail inquiring on the test drive vehicle and the on road price. I was saving up for the 14 R, but now I am tempted to have the Abarth in my garage too.
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 15:31   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
We will have to agree to disagree. You value MT whereas for me AT is must.

Given that neither Polo TSI nor Abarth is mass market product, sales figures between these two will tell which customers prefer.
Old 21st October 2015, 16:31   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Super excited!!!

Congrats Buddy. Yours will be among the first Abarth Puntos in the forum. Do give us a ownership review of the car. Wishing you happy ownership and fun with the car.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 19:54   #748
BHPian

Today while going to office came across abarth Punto ( black and red) in bangalore. has delivery already started? No it was not test drive vehicle as chap had dressed in casuals and getting inside the company.

Personally it was overdose of red on black color. otherwise car was looking amazing.
Old 21st October 2015, 20:09   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Today while going to office came across abarth Punto ( black and red) in bangalore. has delivery already started? No it was not test drive vehicle as chap had dressed in casuals and getting inside the company.

Personally it was overdose of red on black color. otherwise car was looking amazing.
Are you very sure it was the Abarth and not the regular Punto EVO with Decals posted by Vik in a post earlier? As per the Sales guy at KHT, the TD vehicle is yet to arrive and only Delhi has a TD vehicle (and guess Hyd has got one too). Deliveries will easily take 3-4 weeks from the time of booking. So even considering that he was one of the early guys to book, the bookings opened only a week or so ago. So doubt it was the Abarth.
Old 21st October 2015, 20:12   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Are you very sure it was the Abarth and not the regular Punto EVO with Decals posted by Vik in a post earlier? As per the Sales guy at KHT, the TD vehicle is yet to arrive and only Delhi has a TD vehicle (and guess Hyd has got one too). Deliveries will easily take 3-4 weeks from the time of booking. So even considering that he was one of the early guys to book, the bookings opened only a week or so ago. So doubt it was the Abarth.

Yes I'm very sure since it was brand new, no number plates, and scorpion Wheels. It was getting inside office near jaydeva.

Edit: Now that you pointed out, I went back and checked the pics of body kit. No... It was not body kit, it was abarth ( Glossy Black).

Last edited by Endofdayz : 21st October 2015 at 20:18. Reason: added few information.
Endofdayz is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks