Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:12   #61
BHPian

Re: Honda recalls 2.2 lakh cars (CR-V, Civic, City, Jazz) in India over faulty airbags

My 2006 Civic needs replacement for both airbag inflators :-(

Quote:
Driver Side Airbag Inflator replacement and Passenger Side Airbag Inflator replacement are applicable in your vehicle - kindly provide the following information & our dealership will contact you after 12th October, 2015.
Old 24th September 2015, 14:14   #62
BHPian

Re: Honda recalls 2.2 lakh cars (CR-V, Civic, City, Jazz) in India over faulty airbags

For my 2010 Civic, Driver side inflator needs replacement :-(!! Checked the chasis number on the Honda microsite.
It gives me goosebumps to think I have been driving with the assurance all these years.
Old 24th September 2015, 15:30   #63
BHPian

Thanks rr_zen, I checked my 2009 Jass again on the Honda Microsite & it now says.

Quote:
Driver Side Airbag Inflator replacement is applicable in your vehicle - kindly provide the following information & our dealership will contact you after 12th October, 2015.
Old 24th September 2015, 16:16   #64
BHPian

Checked my Honda City and got the following message,

Driver Side Airbag Inflator replacement is applicable in your vehicle - kindly provide the following information & our dealership will contact you after 12th October, 2015.

Lets wait until 12th Oct.
Old 24th September 2015, 17:20   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I have a 2011 Honda City. When I checked on Sat morning, it said not applicable. When I re-checked this morning, it said driver side airbag update is applicable (rechecked thanks to post on this forum).

Now this makes me wonder: Why only driver side airbag. While manufacturing the car and fitting both airbags presumable on the same day, are they saying they used an airbag from different vendor/batches on driver and passenger sides. So the driver side is defective, passenger side is not?
This is an extremely important question and HONDA should answer this!

Last edited by breezydrive : 24th September 2015 at 17:21.
Old 24th September 2015, 17:23   #66
BHPian

My 2010 City V A/T, too is included in the recall. Filled all details and selected dealer, etc, got the reference number and now awaiting a phone call.
Thanks OP for the information.
Old 24th September 2015, 18:50   #67
Senior - BHPian

As per my HASS advisor they are yet to receive parts and as already known it will happen after 12 oct. They will get a list of cars from Honda directly.
Old 25th September 2015, 23:49   #68
BHPian

If I remember correctly this recall had started much earlier globally - a year or two back I think, please correct me if am wrong. What took Honda so long to start the recall only now in India? Is it because we dont have consumer pressure or strong laws?

Last edited by crisscross : 25th September 2015 at 23:49. Reason: For clarity
Old 26th September 2015, 00:23   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post

Now this makes me wonder: Why only driver side airbag. While manufacturing the car and fitting both airbags presumable on the same day, are they saying they used an airbag from different vendor/batches on driver and passenger sides. So the driver side is defective, passenger side is not?
I believe this is because both have different types of mounts and bags, one inside steering wheel and the other inside dash. In any case, my Feb 2010 Civic V-AT is up for replacing Driver Side Airbag Inflator.
Old 26th September 2015, 18:42   #70
BHPian

Now with the VW scandal out in the news this one from Honda has taken a back burner and is not being talked as actively.
Old 1st October 2015, 17:28   #71
BHPian

Some posts have mentioned that Honda website at first suggested that their product is not applicable for this recall. However, when they checked it over again, they found their car in the recall list. So, I would ask every Honda owner to check with the website regularly, and not just once. I am doing the same since the news . All the best fellow Honda owners
Old 1st October 2015, 18:10   #72
BHPian

I have a 2010 Jazz.

Had checked earlier and the Honda microsite said no recalls applicable.
Checked today, and says Driver side inflator needs replacement.

Speaks volumes of their manufacturing data traceability capabilities & willingness to correct past mistakes.

Anyway, any idea if Honda is willing to throw in a free service while the car is at the dealership for this recall

cheers
Old 1st October 2015, 22:10   #73

Same with my 2010 Jazz as well. Earlier website said, no replacement required. Now, when I checked again, it says replacement required. They are uploading data in phases I guess.
Old 2nd October 2015, 22:05   #74
Senior - BHPian

My 2010 VMT needs a driver side airbag replacement.

What exactly will be done? Replace only the 'inflator' or the whole Airbag setup (whatever it comprises) ?

My car had a sight rattle from inside the steering boss. HASS could never sort it out. One of the SA's had told me that they may need to open the Airbag module and that's not a good thing since the factory fitment will be gone. Not sure if that's the truth or he was trying to escape addressing the problem !

Hope the rattle goes away after this.
Old 14th October 2015, 16:48   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Did anybody receive a call from Honda regarding the replacement? Honda claimed that they will start contacting affected vehicle owners post 12/10/15.

Do we have any such reports from the forum?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks