Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 15:10   #1
BHPian

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Ford has launched the updated Ford EcoSport in India at prices starting from Rs. 6,79,563 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-new-ford-ecosport-i.jpg

The refreshed EcoSport does not receive any changes to its exteriors and looks identical to the outgoing car. The car is now available in a new colour - Golden Bronze. The seven existing body colours (Mars Red, Diamond White, Panther Black, Kinetic Blue, Moondust Silver, Chill Metallic and Smoke Grey) have been retained.

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-new-ford-ecosport-2.jpg

The 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine has been tweaked to produce 99 BHP - a gain of 9 BHP over the outgoing car. Ford claims that the engine can deliver a fuel economy of 22.27 kpl - down by 0.4 kpl. The engine continues to be mated to a 5-speed gearbox.

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-new-ford-ecosport-3.png

There are no changes to the 1.5-litre TiVCT and 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engines of the vehicle.

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-new-ford-ecosport-infographic.jpg

Ford has equipped the EcoSport with features such as signature light guides, automatic headlamps, DRLs, rain sensing wipers, auto-dimming mirror, a start/stop button and Sync with AppLink.

Ford has also introduced a new Trend+ variant for the EcoSport. It is available on the 1.5-litre TDCi and 1.0-litre EcoBoost versions of the car.

Prices:

1.5 TiVCT Petrol (Manual)
  • Ambient - Rs. 6,79,563
  • Trend - Rs. 7,75,363
  • Titanium - Rs. 8,90,963
1.5 TiVCT Petrol (Automatic)
  • Titanium - Rs. 9,93,363
1.0 EcoBoost Petrol
  • Trend+ - Rs. 8,53,363
  • Titanium+ - Rs. 9,89,463
1.5 TDCi Diesel
  • Ambient - Rs. 7,98,144
  • Trend - Rs. 8,70,244
  • Trend+ - Rs. 9,18,244
  • Titanium - Rs. 9,85,844
  • Titanium+ - Rs. 10,44,344

Last edited by Aditya : 7th October 2015 at 16:47.
dpkbehera is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 15:23   #2
BHPian

Re: Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India

Wow! They have increased the prices significantly over a span of 2 years. Wasn't the Ecosport launched for 5.59 Lakhs in 2013. And now the same variant retails for a whooping 1.2Lakhs more i.e. more than 20% increase in the cost of the vehicle. Don't know how can Ford justify such an exponential rise on the pricing.

How much is the increase in price variant to variant? To me it seems more like a 50k rise than the expected INR 25-30k .
Old 7th October 2015, 15:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Prices announced...

Ford India today launched the new EcoSport, with prices starting from INR 679,563* (ex-showroom Delhi).
Such a silent launch from FORD !!!!! From the looks of it They haven't substantially increased the prices.
Old 7th October 2015, 15:33   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Summary of features variant wise

Quote:

Ford EcoSport Ambiente: (Petrol MT: Rs 6.79 lakh, Diesel: Rs 7.98 lakh)
Front power windows
FM/AM radio with aux, USB and Bluetooth connectivity
Four-speaker system
Tilt+telescopic adjustable steering
Power adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn indicators
Front 12V power socket (New)
Fully fold-down rear seats (New)

Ford EcoSport Trend: (Petrol MT: Rs 7.75 lakh, Diesel: Rs 8.70 lakh)
Front and rear power windows
Height-adjustable driver seat
60:40 split seats
Emergency Brake Hazard warning
Steering-mounted audio controls
Rear wiper
Rear seat recline
Tachometer (New)
ABS with EBD (New)

Ford EcoSport Trend+ (Petrol Ecoboost MT: Rs 8.53 lakh, Diesel: Rs 9.18 lakh)
Dual front airbags
Automatic climate control
Instrument cluster with distance to empty, outside temperature display, econometer, average speed, and average fuel efficiency display
Front Foglamps
Chrome grille
Silver painted roof rails
Ford EcoSport Titanium: (Petrol MT: Rs 8.91 lakh, Diesel Rs 9.85 lakh)
16-inch alloy wheels
Rear parking sensors
Keyless entry with push button start (New)

Ford EcoSport Titanium AT: (Petrol: Rs 9.93 lakh)
Side and curtain airbags
Hill Climb Assist
EBA, ESC and TCS

Ford EcoSport Titanium+ (Petrol EcoBoost: Rs 9.89 lakh, Diesel: Rs 10.44 lakh)
Automatic wipers
Automatic headlamps
Non-LED daytime running lights
Leather-wrapped handbrake
Electrochromatic inner rear view mirror
Source: Autocar
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 15:43   #5
BHPian

My only gripe with Ford's dashboard design is third party head units cant be fitted in. Especially when new tech android auto and car play are coming out in the market. Otherwise features are attractive.
LandCruiser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 15:46   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
Wow! They have increased the prices significantly over a span of 2 years. Wasn't the Ecosport launched for 5.59 Lakhs in 2013. And now the same variant retails for a whooping 1.2Lakhs more i.e. more than 20% increase in the cost of the vehicle. Don't know how can Ford justify such an exponential rise on the pricing.
May be the demand is better so price rice is flying for them. Many people would have opted for Ecosport instead of the new Fiesta that failed miserably.
LandCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:08   #7
BHPian

So the only addition of Push button start on the AT jacks up Ex Showroom prices by 20K !!!

20K well spent I say .
Old 7th October 2015, 16:15   #8
BHPian

Variant wise there is not much increase in the prices, with base variants remaining almost at par with the old whereas top end variants see a price increase of about ~ 20 - 25K. See below comparison of Old v/s New prices.

Although it was general perception that the EcoSport was was priced more, Lets's see how the face lift version is received by India + there were some offers on Old models.

The recent Launch of Creta & S-Cross has made the EcoSport an excellent value proposition. Creta though very pricey has generated 54K bookings !! S-Cross on the other hand has started offering Discounts on certain Variants.

Personally I was /am looking forward to the AT for quite some time now. However Mind V/s Heart is torn between the EcoSPort AT & Vento TSI.

Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh-ecosport.jpg
MadAbtCars is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:27   #9
BHPian

Having recently booked an Ecosport AT, I was surprised and shocked at the sudden silent launch of the face lifted Ecosport!
For a moment I thought of shifting my booking to the face lifted variant however, on closer inspection of the brochure I realize that the only extra features / changes on the face lifted AT version are:
1. DRL
2. The new headlamps with so called signature lightguide

So paying 20k inr for just two additional features doesn't make sense at all, so have decided to stick with my existing pre-facelifted variant.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Having recently booked an Ecosport AT, I was surprised and shocked at the sudden silent launch of the face lifted Ecosport!
For a moment I thought of shifting my booking to the face lifted variant however, on closer inspection of the brochure I realize that the only extra features / changes on the face lifted AT version are:
1. DRL

So paying 20k inr for just two additional features doesn't make sense at all, so have decided to stick with my existing pre-facelifted variant.
It also gets the Smart keyless entry and start/stop button. This is well worth the 20k premium IMO. Also if you had been reading this same thread, there has been talks of the face lift coming for a while and even the new features were being listed by the members.

Last edited by praveen_v : 7th October 2015 at 16:33.
praveen_v is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
1. DRL

20 K rupees is very reasonable amount for addition of DRL, that signature lightguide (whatever that is ) AND push-button start. Keyless start makes life so easy. And DRL is very desirable, too. A little bling never harmed anyone, right?
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

People cried & shouted loud that S-cross is very costly. See EcoSport pricing, its a sub 4 meter vehicle and get excise duty benefit of 12%, that's huge. Still Trend + model (Which has airbags) is 9.18 Lacs ex showroom delhi. Means it will be around 10.5 Lacs OTR Pune. Where as S-cross which is bigger than EcoSport, has safety features, more space inside, better interiors is 1 lacs cheaper. Anyday I will prefere S-cross over EcoSport.
aniketi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:40   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Did anyone notice that the leaked brochure shows the 1.0L Ecoboost MT variant available in Trend+ and Titanium+ trims only? No more Titanium trim for the Ecoboost

In all fairness to the buyers, this (Trend+) variant should not be priced above 7.5L!
On the contrary I think this is a smart move. This makes the Ecoboost more affordable and not a halo option. Earlier customers would have to stretch for Ecoboost as it was only in top 2 trims or compromise on the engine and get the 1.5 Ti-VCT. This makes the Ecoboost reachable for many.

They could have got all 3 variants Trend+, Titanium and Titanium+ but lets face it the Ecoboost is not the one bringing in volumes.

This Trend+ is a good move for someone who is on a tight budget but wants the Ecoboost tech. It will also give a huge advantage over the compact sedans.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:43   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
May be the demand is better so price rice is flying for them. Many people would have opted for Ecosport instead of the new Fiesta that failed miserably.
Yes that was always there but I didn't know Ford had already increased the price so significantly over these past 2 years. The change in price in this facelift is very marginal as compared to the outgoing one which is a good thing.

Regarding a high demand, yes the perception is there that Ford Ecosport is in great demand in our market but I don't really see it on the sales chart (Aug 15 sales - 3137, July 15 sales - 3885, June 15 sales - 3666). More or less Ford has been dispatching between 3.5-4k units/month which for a compact SUV is just about average.

Hyundai Creta has been doing 7k+ units since the time of launch. I know its still early days for Creta but in my view, Ford has concentrated more on shipping locally manufactured Ecosport's overseas than selling it here. Otherwise the sales figure surely would have been much different.
Old 7th October 2015, 16:44   #15
BHPian

Is power folding ORVMs ruled out this time also even in top trims? If it is the case,then IMO it is a big omission of a very practical feature.Auto headlamps,auto wipers and such feel-good gadgetry Ford is providing,but still one has to do the everyday job of opening and closing of the ORVMs manually! Quite incomprehensible,more so when the Aspire gets it!
dragonov007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks