Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 18:12   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrono_me View Post
Spotted the BRV in Bangkok last week. Couldn't pick up a brochure or sit inside the vehicle, but managed to click some pictures. The car is quite spacious and the quality of all black interiors was quite good.
Nice looking thing. Especially for families.
Now isn't it quite similar to the Mobilio?
Possibly one size bigger I guess?
Old 15th March 2016, 04:55   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Nice looking thing. Especially for families.
Now isn't it quite similar to the Mobilio?
Possibly one size bigger I guess?
The Mobilio design never appealed to me. Probably because it appears too 'narrow'. The proportions on the BRV looked much better. I would say it bears only about 60% resemblance to the Mobilio.
Old 16th March 2016, 22:41   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrono_me View Post
The Mobilio design never appealed to me. Probably because it appears too 'narrow'. The proportions on the BRV looked much better. I would say it bears only about 60% resemblance to the Mobilio.
Kind of agree with you, I also did not like the narrow-ish mobilio design, especially from the front, and from previous pics, it looked like the BR-V will look better!

But then I saw the photos you posted on the previous page, and the rear three-quarter view looked almost similar (and hence ugly) as the mobilio! sigh!

Here's another news update, or shall i say a rumor: mobilio to be replaced by BR-V, which is what sounds more logical to me.

Honda Mobilio might be phased out soon

So then, so far do we know these facts are true for sure in the BR-V in india:
- launch by May? does that mean start of booking or actual deliveries? (I would assume that they should have stopped producing the mobilio by now then, or started modifying the production line to make it BR-V?)
- petrol and diesel both? CVT in petrol?
- 5 and 7 seat options both, like they did in the pacific nations?
- dashboard from or similar to the facelifted Amaze? (more like the one on the city, less on the "cheaper" / "bare" brio?)
- anything else we know for sure which I missed?

Am eagerly looking forward to the CVT petrol of this, would be worth the few extra lakhs over the gas-guzzling Ertiga VXI's 4-speed TQ AT?

Hope Honda doesn't disappoint the way it did with no automatic in the mobilio and the atrocious pricing!
Old 17th March 2016, 14:38   #64
BHPian

Honda India launched BRV Micro site

https://www.hondacarindia.com/BRV/
vikash49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 13:27   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda @ Auto Expo 2016

Honda updates its webpage, BRV teased- Arriving soon!

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-capture.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 18:12   #66
BHPian

Re: Honda @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda updates its webpage, BRV teased- Arriving soon!

Attachment 1488106
I got in touch. Let's see if they do.
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:12   #67

Clearly The BR-V has greatly polarized the opinions of Bhp'ians here but unfortunately, mostly not in favor of it.
I for one think it is an honest attempt at correcting a previous effort gone wrong.
For some reason I have the deepest intuition that the BR-V will find good amount of takers. Perhaps it's because it's got a fair share of everything dearest to us 'Indians'.
Pondering profoundly on what appears in pictures, it purely seems like an outcome of feedback by the existing / aspiring customers for such a vehicle of the SUV segment which can be noted as below.
* SUV stance
* Efficient Diesel engine
* 3 row seating
* Respectable luggage space (despite 3 row seating)
* Generous applications of chrome
* Butch front end
* Bulbous rear end (we love spacious cars)
* Creases on the body line (No Plane Jane / Blands please)
* Modern dashboard
* Lower loading lip
* Projector headlights, DRLs, LED tail lights etc.
* Large glass house (I have noted many times that we are petrified of claustrophobia, I'm pretty sure the kink in the second row window is purely a result of this & no design / styling element.)
So on & so forth. Looks like Honda just took the Mobilio (to keep the costs in check of course) & innocently applied all their cost effective methodology in meeting the above & other requirements & poof... we have the BR-V. Although I must admit the rear end may take a little more than a conscious effort to accept.
In a 'tolerant' country like ours, we have put up with a lot of not-so-good & in some cases Bad appearances/designs so far. We have by now well established that Looks are extremely subjective. India is a big country with a vast population & we have loved & hated the same designs, seeing a car in person has an effect that no pictures can justify & this one will make some, who are not victims of their ego, swallow their words. It is only a matter of time (& pricing) till this 'SUV' lands on our shores & gets embraced with enthusiasm.
Old 23rd March 2016, 02:23   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb_Locked View Post
Clearly The BR-V has greatly polarized the opinions of Bhp'ians here but unfortunately, mostly not in favor of it.
I for one think it is an honest attempt at correcting a previous effort gone wrong.
Honestly, I feel this will be a mediocre performer for Honda.

I, for one, absolutely hate it when manufacturers do parts sharing, more than what's required. Steering wheel, switches are something which are acceptable (not in complete favour of the steering wheel though). But when a complete dashboard gets shared, that's simply ridiculous.

I was happy initially that the B-RV had a neatly laid out dashboard. But with the Amaze getting the exact same one, it makes the brv that much more undesirable for me. Especially when both are completely different vehicles at different price points.

Last edited by ampere : 10th April 2016 at 13:34. Reason: Reduced quoted content
Old 1st April 2016, 12:47   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda BR-V gets ASEAN NCAP 5-star rating.

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-capture.jpg
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-12.jpg
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-3.jpg

Source- ASEAN NCAP

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st April 2016 at 12:56.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 13:02   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda BR-V gets ASEAN NCAP 5-star rating.
That kinda explains why Honda was so keen on giving the full tour of their crash test lab and their testing procedure. They were pretty sure BR-V will ace the NCAP test.
Old 2nd April 2016, 12:47   #71
BHPian

This is indeed a very good news. I was very doubtful about the build quality of this car, as it was based on mobilio. This ratings are definitely confident inspiring. I only hope that Honda India will get it to us in the same level as the one manufactured in Indonesia. A decent seven seater with a good engine/automatic option in the range of 10 - 13L is missing in the market and this BR-V CVT mated to 1.5L iVTec ticks the list. The leg room in mobilio is very impressive when compared to Ertiga but the build and interior quality are a complete let down.
Old 2nd April 2016, 23:24   #72
Senior - BHPian

Spied this BRV in an underground parking near my neighbourhood. Looks like its going to be launched soon.

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-1.jpg

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-2.jpg

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-3.jpg

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-4.jpg

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-5.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 7th April 2016 at 11:25. Reason: Fixing image orientation, watermarking images
aparth is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 18:53   #73

Eagerly waiting for Team-BHP review on the car. I bought the Brio in Indonesia after reading the review here, and I'm probably going to do the same with the BR-V. Want to replace my 7 year old Freed, and Honda doesn't seem to continue the model, especially with Mobilio stellar sellout.

There are plenty of things that made me hesitate to buy the car even though my Freed has gone through the workshop multiple times for steering rack issue.

First, inconsistent information. Honda Indonesia head honcho told the press the BR-V is Fit/Jazz based... Huh? Maybe there's a mistranslation but it doesn't go well with me that an SUV based on a cheap MPV suddenly Jazz based.

Second, inconsistent specs. Honda Indonesia sales people from 4 different dealers all have different information. Some said the BR-V has bigger interior room than Mobilio... But which metric did they use? Also some said the BR-V is jacked up Mobilio. I sat on both cars and frankly I don't feel the difference. The length of the BR-V is obviously longer than the Mobilio, but you can see that the revised front end alone already make the car on paper longer than Mobilio.

I've been stalking Honda Indonesia website weekly because I have interest on the BR-V. I see that the car actually has longer wheelbase by 10 mm, from Mobilio 2650 mm to BR-V 2660 mm. Yet, last week, somehow the BR-V wheelbase magically grows an extra 2 mm to 2662 mm. You can see most Indian auto or general auto blog quotes BR-V wheelbase as 2660 mm. So technically yes the BR-V inside is bigger by 10/12 mm, not much but it's an improvement.

These inconsistencies made me halt my purchase on the BR-V. Also, most Indonesian auto magazines... Well... Let's put it this way... I'm here, so yeah... There's an Internet slander law that prohibits me to explain further.

Test cars are now arriving at Honda dealers and I will take one or two drive, but that Toyota Sienta which is going to debut next week is awfully interesting and a 1:1 copy of my aging Freed.
Midi_Amp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 01:33   #74
BHPian

I for one am hoping BR-V is launched in this Brown colour.

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-hondabrvthailandlaunch2e1454049207953.jpg
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-hondabrvthailandlaunch4e1454048972662.jpg

Looks really nice in my opinion. If priced well, this could have a significant dent on Creta.

Looking at interiors, I see a mixture of Mobilio and Jazz
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-hondabrvthailandlaunch6.jpg

While the dashboard has been lifted from Jazz, the door panels, the gear console etc are from the Brio/Amaze, Mobilio family.
Old 5th April 2016, 19:05   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Spied this BRV in an underground parking near my neighbourhood. Looks like its going to be launched soon.
Thanks for sharing this news and the photos, sounds exciting!

If I managed to read the 4th photo right, this was the VX variant? And was that IDTec or IVTec? Any snaps of the interior? Am looking forward to the petrol CVT!! Hope honda doesn't disappoint like it did with the no-AT mobilio!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks