Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2016, 12:02   #136
BHPian

Re: Honda starts pre booking for BR-V. Official launch on 5th May 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The good is that the ride, handling, space, engines etc. are sorted.
I have no doubts about the i-vtec engine which is a gem. But I am quite not happy with the NVH of the i-Dtec. The engine might offer excellent tractability and with no lag but the engine sounds horrible and Honda have quite a bit of work to do if they have to catch-up with Hyundai's CRDi or even Ford's TDCi. I will be quite happy if the NVH is sorted out in the BR-V.

Last edited by searacer932 : 24th April 2016 at 12:05.
Old 24th April 2016, 12:40   #137
BHPian

Re: Honda starts pre booking for BR-V. Official launch on 5th May 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Prices will be approximately 1L higher than similar Mobilio variant
I don't think that can be considered a VFM pricing. Given that Mobilio was already overpriced by a lakh (if not more), then variant for variant, BR-V would be 2 lakhs above Mobilio, if the Mobilio had been priced right. For that kind of money, there should be significant improvements in build quality, interiors, features and safety kit. So far it looks like the interiors are better, and it has a nose-job to make it look like an SUV. But I am not seeing much beyond that. That kind of pricing would be a bit optimistic, in my opinion. But then, Honda have not been known to price their cars aggressively. Even after the first gen Jazz being a flop primarily due to pricing, new Jazz pricing was not aggressive, but just a bit optimistic.

I do hope that GTO turns out to be right, and Honda provides a decent pricing for the BR-V, since that would make it a strong contender for my next car.
Old 24th April 2016, 14:30   #138
BHPian

re: With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more

From a general car buying public point of view the positives of the BRV are ,

a. It is a Honda.
b. It has seven seats.
c. Diesel is very fuel efficient.
d. It looks like a SUV.
e. Has good ground clearance.

I have no doubts that BRV would be a huge success if it is priced in Duster/S-Cross price points and cheaper than XUV500/Innova by around 2 lakhs.

Personally , I might end up buying the BRV rather than XUV500 since all I need is seven seats and something which looks like a SUV. Hence I have cancelled my XUV500 purchase and waiting for the BRV.
Old 24th April 2016, 17:51   #139
BHPian

Is there any info on the state of tune for the Diesel BRV? With the extra weight of the BRV, wont it be under powered on power to weight ratio aspect?
Old 24th April 2016, 22:17   #140
Senior - BHPian

My neighbor said that dealers are accepting bookings. The dealer indicated that the pricing maybe cheaper than the Creta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post

Personally , I might end up buying the BRV rather than XUV500 since all I need is seven seats and something which looks like a SUV. Hence I have cancelled my XUV500 purchase and waiting for the BRV.
Note that the BR-V won't have the presence of the XUV, nor the space and comfort. It'll be a narrow car as it's based on a Brio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Is there any info on the state of tune for the Diesel BRV? With the extra weight of the BRV, wont it be under powered on power to weight ratio aspect?
I don't think you should expect anything different from the City/Mobilio/Jazz. The 6 speed MT will be standard I think.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 24th April 2016 at 22:19.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 00:26   #141
Senior - BHPian

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview, Crash Test demo & CEO interaction

I shudder to think about the resale value of the Mobilio after the launch of aggressively priced BRV.
On a lighter note, Will Honda do a Maruti S-Cross with Mobilio buyers?

Last edited by carwatcher : 25th April 2016 at 00:42.
Old 25th April 2016, 10:38   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post

Note that the BR-V won't have the presence of the XUV, nor the space and comfort. It'll be a narrow car as it's based on a Brio.
I understand that the BRV would be similar to the Mobilio and not the XUV. If it is priced similar to the XUV500, then I would go with the Mahindra.

I am hoping that the prices for the V or SV trim would be around 1.5-2 Lakhs cheaper than XUV500 W6 variant while giving the below benefits,

a. The BRV would be lot more fuel efficient than the XUV500.

b. There are still decent amount of issues with the XUV. The the current Honda City has its share of issues but they are not close to that of the XUV500.

c. Honda badge gives a lot better resale than Mahindra.

Hence pricing is the key for me. I was supposed to book the W6 variant the previous weekend but postponed the same for 2 weeks to see BRV prices.
Old 25th April 2016, 13:12   #143
BHPian

Spot the difference !!!
Attached Thumbnails
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-brv-mobilio.png  

BUXX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 13:20   #144
BHPian

How to get away with Murder? (change a dud to a hit)

Easy, call it an SUV !

The only SUV trait in the BR-V is the high GC. Just look at it's front & rear overhangs..
Old 25th April 2016, 14:45   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
The BR-V is narrower than the XUV, but it's quite comfortable and spacious in its own right, if the Mobilio is anything to go by. The XUV middle row is spacious but lacks thigh support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I shudder to think about the resale value of the Mobilio after the launch of aggressively priced BRV.
On a lighter note, Will Honda do a Maruti S-Cross with Mobilio buyers?
Knowing Honda, they may give it a price cut, but I doubt if they'll offer compensations to existing owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
How to get away with Murder? (change a dud to a hit)

Easy, call it an SUV !

The only SUV trait in the BR-V is the high GC. Just look at it's front & rear overhangs..
Isn't that the same case with the Creta, Ecosport, Brezza and gang?
Old 25th April 2016, 16:05   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
Isn't that the same case with the Creta, Ecosport, Brezza and gang?
Well, at least they get their own unique signatures - different look & feel when you sit inside & from out too.

While we keep blaming Maruti for parts sharing (power window switches, steering wheel), we excuse Honda for sharing the entire dashboard!! Mobilio, Amaze, probably the Brio soon and BRV, all have the same dash layout!
Old 25th April 2016, 20:56   #147
Team-BHP Support

Check out this long Indonesian video review of Honda BR-V

Don't forget to mute the video though.

You can still get an idea about what that guy is saying about build quality, panel gaps etc from his expressions
Old 26th April 2016, 20:18   #148
BHPian

@GTO: Media drives startling from tomorrow . T-Bhp invited ?
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 20:12   #149
BHPian

CVT to have Paddle Shifters , GC in India version raised to 210mm
Specs out !!
Attached Thumbnails
With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-chdanpuu8aaryn2.jpg  

BUXX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 23:08   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

A clearer shot of the specifications, courtesy Renuka Kirpalani's Twitter:

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-untitled.jpg

Engine specs are more or less similar to the current-gen City, with 119 PS of power & 145 Nm of torque from the 1.5L i-VTEC unit, and 100 PS of power & 200 Nm of torque from the 1.5L i-DTEC unit.

Both are mated to 6-speed manual transmissions, with the paddle-shifter equipped CVT variant being mated to the petrol powerplant and producing marginally better Fuel Efficiency figures at 16 kmpl, while the manual gives out 15.4 kmpl.

The i-DTEC mill is pegged at 21.9 kmpl.

The BR-V is in the Creta range regarding kerb weights, with tipping the scale at 1150-1235 kgs for the petrol, and 1271-1306 kgs for the diesel.

Boot space is pegged at 223 liters (that's small) with all rows of seats up, which can be increased to 691 liters with the 3rd row folded. 50:50 split & tumble fold for the rear row provided.

Fuel tank capacity is at 42 liters, while the Turning Radius is 5.3m for the petrols & 5.5m for the diesel.

Dual airbags & ABS will be standard across the BR-V range. All variants come shod with 195/60/R15 tyres, and are equipped with disc brakes at the front and drums at the rear.

Honda India's description of the BR-V's styling. Pic courtesy Sid Patankar's Instagram:

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-12940252_1730532577164117_398942900_n.jpg

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-12976472_862909813855877_1545423267_n.jpg

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-12950281_1030123237078442_438369712_n.jpg

In addition, here is the production model BR-V on display for the media event. Get's the previous-gen City/Jazz's steering wheel:

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-chefvguu8aeshhg.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th April 2016 at 23:17.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks