Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:18   #226
BHPian

re: With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched

With the Innova base variant priced at 13.8 lakhs ex showroom, Honda needs to be very cautious with the pricing. The Innova is a bigger, better car and a segment higher than the BR-V. Also, the base variant is pretty well equipped. They are not direct rivals, but if someone is looking for a 7 seater, cross shopping is inevitable.

IMO, they shouldn't exceed 13.5 lakhs for the diesel VX variant, otherwise it might just be DOA.
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:48   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The tweets which are ringing in my ears the past couple of days suggest this:

8.70 lacs to 12.50 lacs for the petrols,
9.90 lacs to 13.70 lacs for the diesels.
With the Innova Crysta pricing out, seems like my prediction for the BR-V prices just got a boost.

Now Honda needs to seriously think over this suggested price range.

In other news, only 567 units of the BR-V have been dispatched to the dealers in the month of April. Treading cautiously, Honda, or does it suggest that the number of advance bookings for the crossover "SUV" is low?

Name:  52078309.cms.png
Views: 3385
Size:  15.7 KB

ET

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd May 2016 at 18:49.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:51   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
With the Innova Crysta pricing out, seems like my prediction for the BR-V prices just got a boost.

Now Honda needs to seriously think over this suggested price range.

In other news, only 567 units of the BR-V have been dispatched to the dealers in the month of April. Treading cautiously, Honda, or does it suggest that the number of advance bookings for the crossover "SUV" is low?

Attachment 1502753

ET
Honda dealer informed my relative that BRV production is on full swing and Jazz production is compromised for BRV. This can be reflected by just 800 plus units of Jazz shipped to dealers. Honda would have stocked BRV in factory and shipped only TD/display cars.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:00   #229
Team-BHP Support

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Honda dealer informed my relative that BRV production is on full swing and Jazz production is compromised for BRV. This can be reflected by just 800 plus units of Jazz shipped to dealers. Honda would have stocked BRV in factory and shipped only TD/display cars.

But the total of just around 10k cars is way less than their production capacity. I am surprised if they have produced many cars and not dispatched it, as that would mean extra planning for storage and logistics.

Even if that were the case, they should have stopped Mobilio instead of the Jazz and try to get those customers to upgrade to the BRV.

Even Amaze numbers are really low despite the recent facelift. Probably Honda is concentrating all their effort on the BRV.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd May 2016 at 20:02.
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:07   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
But the total of just around 10k cars is way less than their production capacity. I am surprised if they have produced many cars and not dispatched it, as that would mean extra planning for storage and logistics.

Even if that were the case, they should have stopped Mobilio instead of the Jazz and try to get those customers to upgrade to the BRV.

Even Amaze numbers are really low despite the recent facelift. Probably Honda is concentrating all their effort on the BRV.
10k cars is the number shipped to dealers. It is obvious that Honda has comprised Jazz/Amaze production for BRV. Mobilio numbers are very low since couple of months and there is no point reducing the production further. It is very likely that Honda has stocked BRV in factory. It is routine with all manufacturers. They start production atleast one month before the launch and ship them after launch. Baleno was launched during October last week. Dealer got first batch of cars for delivery in November 1st week(All were September manufactured including mine)

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 2nd May 2016 at 20:08.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:19   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

How many of you received this invitation in your email?

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-untitled.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:31   #232
BHPian

I just checked my email and I have received the same. They must have gotten my email from either the pre-booking form or from their contact us page on hondacars website.
Old 4th May 2016, 11:25   #233
Team-BHP Support

Thank you to Ganesh Raj Mohan for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Here is some more information on the features that are expected to available on each variant of the BR-V.

With Honda in Japan: BR-V preview & more. EDIT: BR-V launched-image1-2.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 11:39   #234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Here is some more information on the features that are expected to available on each variant of the BR-V.
Looks like "V" will be the most popular variant. S is basic and E looks like a commercial variant only to bring entry level prices down. VX gains nothing significant over V except for leather interiors.

Overall, pretty ordinary feature list. Hope the price remains extremely competitive.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 11:40   #235
BHPian

The feature spec on the BRV is a bit disappointing. In an apparent attempt to keep sticker price low, Honda has compromised on so many features. And we will know tomorrow if it really does lead to a low sticker price. But the most notable omissions according to me are:

1. Touchscreen HU
2. Rear parking sensors
3. Rear parking camera
4. Cooled glovebox
5. Only 2 airbags even on top spec model
6. No automatic in Diesel

If the intent is really to keep sticker price low, I wish the manufacturers made things like leather seats and alloy wheels as optional accessories, since these are easy and no-risk installations later. As compared to Touchscreen HU, reverse camera and parking sensors etc, which require opening up dashboard, drilling holes, cutting wires, integrating with steering mounted controls etc and carry the risk of voiding the vehicle warranty. And even then, features like adaptive guidelines in reverse cam may not work, and overall integration into the dash may not be aesthetically perfect.

Or maybe, it is a deliberate strategy since very few will buy alloys and leather seats from dealer, but HU and parking aids may see more buyers.

Zigwheels has given a very unflattering review for the BRV: http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...l-review/25363
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 11:43   #236
Senior - BHPian

The E variant is pretty loaded by Base version standards in India. If at all Honda is to price BR-V right and turns out to be a hit model, I see many people putting their money on S variant than V/VX(Unless the price difference between S and V/VX is marginal).
Old 4th May 2016, 11:45   #237
Team-BHP Support

Those are halogen projector lamps (and not xenons) right? Surprised they have it on base model. What are the advantages of projector lamps over normal bulbs? Did a quick Google search, but answers were vague.

In the features list, the only big miss is ESC (which ASEAN version has). 210 mm ground clearance means increased probability of rollovers.

Reversing camera/touchscreen music system can always be added as an aftermarket option.
Old 4th May 2016, 11:58   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Reversing camera/touchscreen music system can always be added as an aftermarket option.
That can be done for any car, but nothing comes to OE.

When it comes to the music system - The fit and finish will never be the same once you open up the panels for an aftermarket music system install.

As for the reversing camera, is it not possible to match the camera integration that comes with OE. See the way the camera is mounted in the City for example. Aftermarket installations are only an ugly mount on the rear bumper. You dont get the same view you get from a proper OE system as well.

Yes, all this can be forgiven if the sticker price is kept low as well.
Old 4th May 2016, 12:02   #239
Senior - BHPian

E Variant is pretty good, but why did they omit ABS from petrol E?
Old 4th May 2016, 12:15   #240
BHPian

Ignoring the discounts, the difference between Ex-Showroom price of Swift (lowest variant) at Rs. 4.96 Lacs and Ertiga (lowest variant) at Rs. 6.75 Lacs is Rs. 1.79 Lacs. Considering that Brio is priced 30k lower than Swift, BR-V should be similarly priced lower than Ertiga. Honda were too ambitious to price Mobilio way higher than Ertiga and result is there to see. Hope some sense prevails in Honda about the pricing as their days of having premium perception are long gone. In India, only one Japanese company can get away with the murder by pricing a glorified van at Rs 25 Lacs plus (Hint: It's not Honda or Suzuki).
TSIched'Out is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks