Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat launches pre-facelift Punto as 'Punto Pure' at the Auto Expo 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I doubt this is the 180PS Abarth, the 145 Abarth itself is not setting the sales charts on fire for Fiat. Only Fiat India can answer what exactly they have in mind. Unless they prove everyone wrong and pull a rabbit out of the hat.
To pull out a rabbit, they first need a magician

The punto abarth was one such rabbit, but it was not a bread and butter product for them. Just a niche.

Here the magician itself is dumb enough to pull out the same rabbit again and again !! First Linea classic and now Punto Pure.

I say bring in the 1100 D, or change the magician.
vinit.merchant is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 18:36   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
It could also be a 180PS Abarth, with no definite launch date
Quoting my previous post! What I'm saying is that this could just be a display machine. Whether Fiat launches it or not may not be that relevant now. There have been many Auto Expo displays which never made it to the market in the past.
Old 3rd February 2016, 11:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

The 'Punto Pure' is out and its nothing but the older GP with the same old engines. The 1.4 petrol engine makes a very welcome return though. Lack of fog lamps, unpainted ORVMs etc. points to a lower pricing than the EVO.

Don't know whether its Fiat turning all philosophical. But 'Pure' at the auto expo sitting along with all the other newer products say a thousand words about the condition of Fiat in our country.

Fiat launches pre-facelift Punto as 'Punto Pure' at the Auto Expo 2016!-fiatpuntopure.jpg

They really shouldn't have done it. Even though most of us like the classic lines of this one over the Evo, I doubt many is going to take one home.

Source

Last edited by deetjohn : 3rd February 2016 at 11:31. Reason: typo.
deetjohn is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 11:48   #64
BHPian

I know this has been expressed almost every time when something new is about to launch in market, but could not resist still, They must provide safety features in all variants, to make it really "pure" car.
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:06   #65
BHPian

Any info about interiors? Will it have pre-facelift's or current version's interior??
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:32   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Any info about interiors? Will it have pre-facelift's or current version's interior??
Going by the pics, it has the old (pre facelift) interiors. The floating hood over the Console is missing.

When the DZire was facelifted, the old ones were sold as DZire tour with basic features, Non body coloured ORVMs and bumpers. But it was marketed exclusively for use as private cab and it was very VFM with good FE. It did sell quite some numbers. But IMHO Punto wont sell that easily even with low prices because of obvious reasons like ASS and FE. I don't think Punto Pure would be ever bought as a cab.

--gKrish--
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:03   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The 'Punto Pure' is out and its nothing but the older GP with the same old engines. The 1.4 petrol engine makes a very welcome return though. Lack of fog lamps, unpainted ORVMs etc. points to a lower pricing than the EVO.
Pricing is 4.5L ex-showroom Delhi for the Petrol and approx 5.5 for the diesel.

If it is with the 1.4L engine then it catches my attention, but I seriously doubt that.
What I have come to know is that there will not be multiple variants. Just a single variant. Whereas at the link you shared, it mentions multiple variants. The picture they shared has black ORVM's & no fog lamps. In case of multiple variants they would showcase the top end which would have body colored ORVM & fog lamps at least. They have shown alloys but these would be extra accessory, they have put it on to make it look a little better in the auto expo.
So in all possibility there is just a single variant.
Lets see what comes out on the 5th.

At 4.5L, if it gives a 1.4 engine, I am listening and I might put my money on it purely because the 1.2 on the Evo is quite lethargic, and I am looking out for a Petrol. But I do not see the 1.4 engine coming on the pure. Just not viable at the price of 4.5L
Evo Emotion with 1.4 engine gets too expensive at 8.2 L OTR here in Pune.

EDIT: From the pic, the GC still looks high.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 3rd February 2016 at 14:08.
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:03   #68
BHPian

We have a 2009 FIAT Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet Emotion Pack at home which is still going strong and looking at what FIAT has done here by re-launching it as "Pure" makes me cry, literally. This reflects the degree of seriousness FIAT as a car manufacturer has towards our market. When even Chevy has something like the "BEAT Activ" to showcase, all that FIAT comes up with is this...!!!

@FIAT: I am already let down by the buying experience that I had just 3 months back when buying rather begging for the FIAT Linea TJet, Even then I sincerely request you to please let this beautiful car go down peacefully. An honest request from a FIAT fanboy.
Vinodh_Gowda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:25   #69
BHPian

This reminds me of the Mahindra Gusto ad, where the girl says, “Gusto lene hai to Gusto le, Gusto lena hai to Gusto le.” In Fiat’s case, it would be ‘Punto lena hai Punto le, Punto lena hai Punto le.” Only, it would mean there’s no other choice for a person considering a Fiat in India, beyond the Punto and Linea (and Avventura).
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:37   #70
Senior - BHPian

Fiat seems committed to an automotive branding suicide.

The need of the hour is to increase sales volumes. Instead of playing hookey with the brand image of such a beautiful car amongst private consumers

1) They could have launched the Punto "pure" in base active trim equipped with the national diesel engine, targeting fleet sales and Cab aggregators like Ola etc.
This they could have launched at a separate venue, away from the glam of the auto expo. Maybe a separate, private "Expo" for such fleet companies. It would have been cheaper also

2) Done a customer clinic / customer feedback by keeping on display:
a) an Aegea
b) a PANDA
c) and a Fiat FREEMONT SUV

Am sure the collective customer feedback, most of it would have been positive would have loosened Fiat corporate's investment wallet.

It's sad for us Fiat enthusiast's to see such half baked approaches to the market.

Heck, if they did not have any cars to display, they could have had a separate booth capturing all the good things that they have done, (if they have done that is), on the after sales service front and used that as a peg to allay customer apprehensions and build some customer confidence.

Last edited by arjab : 3rd February 2016 at 17:39.
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:50   #71
BHPian

Its better not to do anything rather than doing something like this just for the sake of it. It was a good idea to launch a low priced version aiming at the taxi operators because even if they manage to sell 10 cars a month, its an increase of about 2%. But launching something like this in the auto expo is like mocking themselves. As a hardcore fiat fan, I am very very disappointed. FIAT, you just gave another reason for others to laugh at you :-(
Old 5th February 2016, 12:09   #72
BHPian

Punto pure has been launched at 4.49L for the petrol and 5.59L for the diesel. I don't think it will make any difference. Fiat management needs to be fired and a new one brought in their place.
shivasuma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 12:14   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Fiat management needs to be fired and a new one brought in their place.
Just new management is not sufficient, new products are the need of the hour
Old 5th February 2016, 13:45   #74
BHPian

Guess the subject line has to be changed to "Confirmed" instead of rumour

The much needed change is bring in further more newer viable/ vfm engines and improvise the product line.
Old 5th February 2016, 13:58   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat launches pre-facelift Punto as 'Punto Pure' at the Auto Expo 2016!

Cross posting from the Fiat Auto Expo thread. Some comments from Kevin Flynn which give some idea of the direction and the reasoning behind this Punto Pure.

Quote:
Some comments from Kevin Flynn to Economic Times which may give some hope or seem far fetched and doomed to fail depending on how you look at it

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India says it is working on a completely new product lineup for India even as it continues rolling out new versions of the Punto and Linea in the country.

Three pillars of strategy.
  1. First Pillar: President and Managing Director, Kevin Flynn says "I have been here 11 months and my first job was to get a hold of the business. We have worked really hard with our dealers on the infrastructure and the commercial arrangements with us and how we can make sure they are more stable," This has been completed.

2. Second Pillar: Fiat is currently at the middle pillar that looks to provide ways to navigate to the third stage. This basically means playing around with the Linea and Punto and bringing more variants. More of a 'Buy us some time' exercise. The relaunched Punto is part of this. Fiat calls it the 'New Entry Point' it has created.

3. Third Pillar: Where will Fiat like to be 2 years down the line. This includes the segments they would operate in and the next generation of products that they will launch. Every segment and what works within that segment has already been mapped and inputs from the dealer network has been incorporated to come up with the product strategy.

Full Article at: ETAuto

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks